Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What do you put on your hamburgers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#31 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

in my burger:
Worcestershire sauce
Maggi seasoning (2 drops for full batch)
powdered ginger
smoked paprika
salt
pepper
sometimes panko, or crushed up goldfish crackers/cheeseits. depends if I have to use filler to make more burgers or not.

on my burger:
bacon
deeply caramelized onions a deep brown and partially crispy.
crispy mushroom bits (mushrooms sauteed in butter until they are crispy)
horseradish/spicy mayo
corn relish
ketchup
mustard
cheese (sometimes brie, or goat cheese, but usually super sharp cheddar)

#32 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

More importantly, what do you guys put in your patties?

made some yesterday. I used ground beef, onions, green chilli, egg, bread crumbs, sea salt, black pepper, BBQ sauce, groung fresh chilli paste (sambal oelek), forgot to throw in some minced garlic.

Back to OP

I use the regular, mustard , relish, Hellmann's Mayonnaise, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, onion.

Depending on my mood I use sautéed or raw onions and sometimes sautéed mushrooms.

I sometimes use Thousand Isl sauce on the burger bun, tastes pretty good.

BTW, CDC member Avelanch please don't come on this thread like you did in the Hot Dog thread and tell me not to use Thousand Isl sauce because " its uninspired and lazy and.... can't be used in other applications like lumpia filling".

I'm talking about a burger not lumpia filling. Heck, I don't even know what lumpia filling is.

#33 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Bread.

I prefer buns, myself

2013 CDC Poker, it's coming soon to a forum near you!

Posted Image

#34 Mr. Shakermaker

Mr. Shakermaker

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

yo mumma
Posted Image

#35 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

made some yesterday. I used ground beef, onions, green chilli, egg, bread crumbs, sea salt, black pepper, BBQ sauce, groung fresh chilli paste (sambal oelek), forgot to throw in some minced garlic.

Back to OP

I use the regular, mustard , relish, Hellmann's Mayonnaise, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, onion.

Depending on my mood I use sautéed or raw onions and sometimes sautéed mushrooms.

I sometimes use Thousand Isl sauce on the burger bun, tastes pretty good.

BTW, CDC member Avelanch please don't come on this thread like you did in the Hot Dog thread and tell me not to use Thousand Isl sauce because " its uninspired and lazy and.... can't be used in other applications like lumpia filling".

I'm talking about a burger not lumpia filling. Heck, I don't even know what lumpia filling is.

i'd tell you not to use thousand island sacuce because it sucks, not because it's a unitasker. also, it's basically just mayo, ketchup and relish, so you are already using it in your regular burger setup.

also, it's not my fault you are culinarily ignorant.

Edited by avelanch, 17 August 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#36 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

i'd tell you not to use thousand island sacuce because it sucks, not because it's a unitasker. also, it's basically just mayo, ketchup and relish, so you are already using it in your regular burger setup.

also, it's not my fault you are culinarily ignorant.

So next time I order a salad I should tell them to give me some ketchup, mayo, and relish? LOL

I can't stand ppl like you who insist their way is the only way and the best way. Your previous statement of "what tastes good to me all ways tastes good to every one else" is about as ignorant as one could be.

Knowing and using what tastes good to you on your hot dog or burger does not require a culinary arts education. Only an idiot would suggest something like that.

I won't get into if and where I went to culinary school because it's not necessary, this is a "what do you put on your burger" thread. Not a "don't use hot dog relish on your hot dog because you can't use hot dog relish to make lumpia filling thread"

Man, if I wanna make lumpia filling (what ever that is) I'll buy some regular relish, (if that's one of the ingredients required). Right now I'm just trying to make a hot dog and burger.

I can totally see a customer coming to a restaurant run by you.

Customer: Can I get some ketchup?
Avelanch : : NO, you are not supposed to eat Ketchup with your fish, you should use blah blah sauce, ketchup is made from tomatoes, tomatoes are red in color, tomatoes and fish ......., blah blah, blah.

Man, just let me enjoy my hot dog and burger the way I like it. Go bug out on some one else.

#37 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

So next time I order a salad I should tell them to give me some ketchup, mayo, and relish? LOL

I can't stand ppl like you who insist their way is the only way and the best way. Your previous statement of "what tastes good to me all ways tastes good to every one else" is about as ignorant as one could be.

Knowing and using what tastes good to you on your hot dog or burger does not require a culinary arts education. Only an idiot would suggest something like that.

I won't get into if and where I went to culinary school because it's not necessary, this is a "what do you put on your burger" thread. Not a "don't use hot dog relish on your hot dog because you can't use hot dog relish to make lumpia filling thread"

Man, if I wanna make lumpia filling (what ever that is) I'll buy some regular relish, (if that's one of the ingredients required). Right now I'm just trying to make a hot dog and burger.

Avelanch : : NO, you are not supposed to eat Ketchup with your fish, you should use blah blah sauce, ketchup is made from tomatoes, tomatoes are red in color, tomatoes and fish ......., blah blah, blah.

Man, just let me enjoy my hot dog and burger the way I like it. Go bug out on some one else.

Thank you
(Although Avelanch, you do know a lot about food)
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#38 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

you DO know that I'm intentionally messing with you, Right?
It's your own fault for coming in here and calling me out before I said anything to you.
so dang sensitive...

Edited by avelanch, 17 August 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#39 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

you DO know that I'm intentionally messing with you, Right?
It's your own fault for coming in here and calling me out before I said anything to you.
so dang sensitive...

Some people take their food very seriously! So seriously in fact that it starts to affect their sarcasm detectors.

#40 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Some people take their food very seriously! So seriously in fact that it starts to affect their sarcasm detectors.

maybe it's just that time of the month.

#41 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Nope, it's a boy, I checked.

#42 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Nope, it's a boy, I checked.

#43 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

butter sauteed mushrooms, sauteed red onions, melted cheese (jack, aged cheddar, smoked cheddar, or havarti), applewood smoked bacon, red relish, a little bit of mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, on a parmesan brioche bun with sesame seeds, and a pickle spear on the side.

A little bit of butter on the bun, very, very lightly toasted (cut side only).

I usually pair that with my own coleslaw and warm potato salad.

RIP LB RR PD

#44 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,069 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

Ketchup, cheese, mustard, relish, bacon, mushrooms <3

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 18 August 2012 - 06:24 AM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#45 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,892 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Tomato, Mayo, Cheddar Cheese, Ketchup, Mustard, BBQ Sauce, Bacon

Edited by Cody Hodgson 9, 18 August 2012 - 09:12 PM.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#46 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

I guess I should tell you what I put on mine.

Ketchup
Relish
Mustard
Onions
Cheese
Patties
Buns

I'm very unique, I know

Edited by PowerIce, 19 August 2012 - 12:20 AM.

Posted Image

#47 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,118 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Depends where I'm eating the burger from.

If it's McDonald's, all I ever eat there is plain burgers. Meat, cheese, bun and mayonaise. I don't know, I can't stand their cheap condiments. If it's a McChicken or something, I'm fine with the lettuce and everything.

If it's Wendy's, I'm fine with a Baconator. It must just be McDonald's.

If it's a BBQ or camping, then cheese, onions, bacon, mayonaise, ketchup, lettuce, and mushrooms. I may be forgetting things.

Edited by DollarAndADream, 19 August 2012 - 07:21 AM.

LA2OdZi.png

Victory Hockey League - http://www.vhlforum.com/

#48 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

Depends where I'm eating the burger from.

If it's McDonald's, all I ever eat there is plain burgers. Meat, cheese, bun and mayonaise. I don't know, I can't stand their cheap condiments. If it's a McChicken or something, I'm fine with the lettuce and everything.

If it's Wendy's, I'm fine with a Baconator. It must just be McDonald's.

If it's a BBQ or camping, then cheese, onions, bacon, mayonaise, ketchup, lettuce, and mushrooms. I may be forgetting things.

Do you actually enjoy the Baconator? I feel it's too meaty. I love meat, but damn, it's lacking something to push it over the top.

Posted Image

#49 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Here's one I love to make... Ground pork instead of beef... mix into the meat minced red onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, feta cheese salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and red curry paste. Broil or grill for 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature is 160. Let them rest for 5 minutes.

While resting, prepare a pita pocket with salad greens and a big dollop of raita or tzatziki.

Yum! :)

:towel: :canucks:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#50 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

French onion chip dip.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.