The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Won't Get Another Top 6 Forward

RyanKeslord17

You really need a freaking source for this (other than the fact that Luongo publicly came out and said it's time for him to move on?) Have you been living under a rock for the last 3 months?

If you don't believe that Luongo has lost his starting job to Schneider, you're the one out to lunch. And when the hell did I say Luongo was bad in the playoffs? Why the hell are you putting words in my mouth? Everybody and their grandmas know that it was the lazy/lousy play of the team in front of Luongo/Schneider that cost us. Schneider, however, was still better than Luongo in the Kings series.The stats speak for themselves.

It has never been publicly stated he has lost his starting spot, so you saying he has, doesn't make it true. Luongo saying it's time to move on only says he is willing to give it up.

I never once said that you said "Luongo played poorly in the playoffs" I was simply pointing out the fact that the only reason C.S. got the start was because A.V. was trying to shake things up (which you agreed with me on). If C.S. played poorly in his first game Luo would have played the next game (yes I know speculation, but the odds are are my side).

Honestly if you think Luongo lost the starting position based on stats from 5 games then I really..... :picard:

I know I know now your going to spout off about stats for the year, don't bother. You brought up the Kings series, not me, I didn't reply to you about stats.

IMO if Luongo is in a Canucks jersey at the start of the season, he'll get the start. C.S. is either going ot have to earn it, or wait until Luongo is traded.

You need to calm down just a little and re-read my post, I never put words in your mouth, maybe you should take a break from the CDC, you seem very agitated by other people's opinions when they are different from yours.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously? If you really thing that all we need is hard work, you're wrong. Just because we make it to the playoffs every year and made it it to ONE final since '94, that doesn't mean squat all. In fact, it means nothing at all. How many finals did the Kings make it to? But they have a cup no? I'd rather miss the playoffs and make our team better rather than have a chance every year and blow it every time.

I don't know about you, but I want to see a god damn cup at least in my lifetime, and if we don't make bold moves that will NEVER happen. You don't need to be a hockey analyst to figure that out.

Agreed. And we only have 4 top-6 forwards. That's the problem.

top-6 caliber forwards:

H.Sedin

D. Sedin

Burrows

Kesler

2 players who should still be top-6 forwards but aren't anymore:

Booth: He used to be, but hasn't played like that in a few years... small window before latest knee injury he looked promising...

Raymond: He used to be too... but again, hasn't played like that in a few years...

Possible top-6 players:

Shroeder: Small but so what if he can bring it.

Jensen: Probably too young to jump in this next year.

Kassian: He did it for a few games after the trade. But not mentally ready, couldn't sustain.

It would be great if Booth and Raymond can jump up to their previous level of play... But they probably should have been able to at least by the end of last season but both were performing under-expectation. Hope, but don't expect with these 2...

Leaving the youngsters... if 1 of them actually cracks the top-6 consistently it will be a huge boon for us! If 2 of them do so we have a re-made team. Odds are against that happening however! Expect only 1 of them to make it. I'd love it if Schroeder and Kassian displaced Booth and Raymond (can Shroeder play wing?) but I'd better stop smoking that stuff...

Probably we need one top-6 to at least make a tandem with Kesler and have some sort of 2nd line. Or we go Kesler-Burrows... but why break up the #1 line, shouldn't do that imho.

Anyways, teams that win the cup almost always have contributions from drafted / young players - serious contributions. If Schroeder and Kassian are busts we aren't winning anything with just Raymond and Booth, but I'd like it proven otherwise of course ;)

From Luongo: Excpect a player like Kassian, that might make it. So probably another youngster in there that can potentially make the top-6.

last word: Remember Datsyuk? I remember him playing 3rd line for the wings for a few years before being promoted. seem to remember Kesler and Burrows doing the same thing. Best thing is to give the kids a chance if you believe in them. got to play them and let them evolve. AV seems to not do this, which doesn't bode well for one of the youngsters making the lineup anytime soon...

Archived