The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Won't Get Another Top 6 Forward

RyanKeslord17

This isn't a negativity thread by any means, but just throwing It out there, we won't be getting another top six forward to round out our top 6. Yes, there's someone by the name of Doan, forget it. He's staying in Phoenix, I'd be very surprised if he did otherwise.

Gillis is a great GM, I like what he's doing with Luongo, fielding offers and waiting for the best value, but he's somewhat blind in other areas. We need another forward that can play with Kesler. We got Booth, and now we need one more. What does he do? He extends Raymond. As soon as he did that, I lost all faith. He won't trade Raymond either, whose gonna want Mason Raymond? Not even for a seventh rounder. In his pressers, he stated that he has full confidence in Raymond, and he feels that he can be that second liner he once was.

So Raymond is one player to try and fill in that second line role, plus you have one other player: Zack Kassian. Obviously MG is very high on this kid. He traded away CDC's lover Hodgson for him. Yeah yeah I know the whole ice time issue blah blah blah. BS. He traded Hodgson because he wanted size. He got Kassian. The Bruins series really got MG thinking that we were in dire need of size and he changed the whole identity of the team by trading for Kassian. MG is probably thinking that Kassian can be a second liner one day.

Let's be honest, we won't end up getting much for Lu, even though we should, we won't. Nobody wants an aging goalie, on a decline with a high salary and a gigantic contract. He's not an all-star anymore. Our top six will be rounded up with either Raymond, Kassian or Hansen. Yes, no Shane Doan, no Kris Versteeg, and no Bobby Ryan.

blah blah blah we cant get anything ever done

gillis is a failure , waste of human life , scum of the earth

guy needs to be thrown to the curb faster then may ray in a street fight with a one armed peg-legged midget with an eye patch

we get it , why not let this whole summer and lock out time happen before wasting your time writing this

This isn't a negativity thread by any means, but just throwing It out there, we won't be getting another top six forward to round out our top 6. Yes, there's someone by the name of Doan, forget it. He's staying in Phoenix, I'd be very surprised if he did otherwise.

Gillis is a great GM, I like what he's doing with Luongo, fielding offers and waiting for the best value, but he's somewhat blind in other areas. We need another forward that can play with Kesler. We got Booth, and now we need one more. What does he do? He extends Raymond. As soon as he did that, I lost all faith. He won't trade Raymond either, whose gonna want Mason Raymond? Not even for a seventh rounder. In his pressers, he stated that he has full confidence in Raymond, and he feels that he can be that second liner he once was.

So Raymond is one player to try and fill in that second line role, plus you have one other player: Zack Kassian. Obviously MG is very high on this kid. He traded away CDC's lover Hodgson for him. Yeah yeah I know the whole ice time issue blah blah blah. BS. He traded Hodgson because he wanted size. He got Kassian. The Bruins series really got MG thinking that we were in dire need of size and he changed the whole identity of the team by trading for Kassian. MG is probably thinking that Kassian can be a second liner one day.

Let's be honest, we won't end up getting much for Lu, even though we should, we won't. Nobody wants an aging goalie, on a decline with a high salary and a gigantic contract. He's not an all-star anymore. Our top six will be rounded up with either Raymond, Kassian or Hansen. Yes, no Shane Doan, no Kris Versteeg, and no Bobby Ryan.

I get where you're coming from. However, it's a pretty tough task for Gillis to go out and get an impact player that will fit into our top six. It's not coming from the Luongo trade, IMO. If it's going to be via trade, we'll have to take a blow in another area (likely defense).

Archived