Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

We Won't Get Another Top 6 Forward

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#91 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

Kesler's face looks a lot like Cammalleri's face.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#92 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

And I think you are missing my point, chum.

What I'm suggesting here is that LA's "bold moves" paid off because of an outside factor, in this case that Quick played phenomenally well. Without Quick, LA's moves don't look as bright, do they? The Kings were not showing any great signs of improvement from the acquisition of Richards. Carter did contribute 6 goals in the regular season and 8 goals in the playoffs, as did Kopitar and Brown. Doughty, Williams and even Penner each had pretty good playoffs, and none of them would have had 20 games to get all of those points if Quick hadn't played the way he did.

Quick was the deciding factor in these past playoffs, and without him LA doesn't make it make it past the second round.

regards,
G.

I dont really agree with this, quick was the deciding factor in them making the playoffs. He had a great playoff, but rarely had to make extremely difficult saves. The l.a. defense particularly doughty and mitchell made life very easy for quick. Some of the best defense I had seen.

I talked with kings fans elsewhere during the playoffs on a different board. They maintain richards and carter were essential and a huge piece to giving them two dangerous scoring lines. And made them an entirely harder team to contain and match up with. We seen av come out and state he did not like the kesler-richard line match up and had to alter his match ups which did not really work next game either.

I do see what your saying, it was not just carter and richards that fell into place, they had alot of great players on fire, but still I think the other guy is just saying what a big impact two dangerous scoring lines had on the team. The other change kings fans credit was daryl sutter who came in and let the team play more offense, instead of just being a defense team. Either way I think their fanbase would say your undervaluing the impact richards and carter actually had overall on the team. I am mentioning their opinion simply because they monitor them like we monitor the canucks with a microscope.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 17 September 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#93 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Should've packaged Schneider for Nash.

:bigblush:

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.