Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Dan Hamhuis or Willie Mitchell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 Griff

Griff

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hamhuis. The best from him is yet to come.

#62 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hamhuis > Mitchell > Ballard

#63 Aegis1984

Aegis1984

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

My vote goes to the guy who just signed my Dan Hamhuis jersey tonight at the PG Cougars Alumni golf tournament. Just sayin'.

BTW, it wasn't Willie Mitchell.

Posted Image

#64 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hamhuis, for sure.

RIP LB RR PD

#65 nuckchuck

nuckchuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

lets not forget the HUGE hit willie had on toews

#66 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Stupid question guys.

Dan Hamhius easily. It's not like if we had Willie MItchell - Hamhius we would have improved. Hamhius is one of our best dmans.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#67 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Honestly, I'm a huge Bieksa fan but he is like Phaneuf, all the flash but he isn't as good as people think, he has an amazing skillset but he turns the puck over just as much if not more than Ballard, he's great sometimes and terrible others. consistency is an issue for him.

And your right that both Juice and Hammer helped each other but I think Hamhuis would have had more success with someone else than Bieksa would have.

Oh yeah, you sound like a 'huge' Bieksa fan. :rolleyes:

He has an 'amazing skillset' , but he isn't as good as people think?? :picard: How does that even make sense?

Bieksa played a stint with Edler last season, and it was Hamhuis who struggled with consistency.

Bieksa also played against the top players of the other team night in and night out...comparing his stats to Ballard's is ridiculous on so many levels, but mainly because Ballard only played half a season on 3rd pairing minutes most nights

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#68 Exarch

Exarch

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'm not nearly as surprised when Hamhuis scores as I was when Willie did.. so Hamhuis, give they are both excellent defensively.
Posted Image

#69 10Bure14Burrows

10Bure14Burrows

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

Stupid question guys.

Dan Hamhius easily. It's not like if we had Willie MItchell - Hamhius we would have improved. Hamhius is one of our best dmans.

You're the man . I agree with ya . Because this is an stupid question
Forever Canuck !

#70 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

Oh yeah, you sound like a 'huge' Bieksa fan. :rolleyes:

He has an 'amazing skillset' , but he isn't as good as people think?? :picard: How does that even make sense?

Bieksa played a stint with Edler last season, and it was Hamhuis who struggled with consistency.

Bieksa also played against the top players of the other team night in and night out...comparing his stats to Ballard's is ridiculous on so many levels, but mainly because Ballard only played half a season on 3rd pairing minutes most nights

I am a big fan, I'm just not blinded by that to ignore the truth.

Bieksa is great and consistent sometimes, and then he makes mistakes and is inconsistent others, if you look at both since Hammer got here, both season and playoffs it's safe to say Hammer has been more consistent.

His skillset is as good as people give him credit for but you have to be able to match that with consistentcy, and that's why I think Bieksa isn't quite as good as people give him credit for, not alot worse by any means, just a little bit.

And these are some other examples to go along with what I said about my consistency thing just there: That's why Phaneuf isn't as good as he once was, and why Ballard isn't as good as he was in Florida.

Both have the skillset but have struggled consistently, Bieksa hasn't struggled nearly as bad but he does struggle with that from time to time.

zackass.png

#71 infinitecarnage

infinitecarnage

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Ohlund > Hamhuis > Salo > Mitchell............................................................................................................ > Bieksa
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.