The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Optimistic View

BombaySeven

Any team that makes the playoffs is cup worthy and I'm pretty sure we are making the playoffs. I'm sick of our own fans trying to assert that we are not cup contenders. Quit being so pessimistic and start finally realizing how lucky we are to have the team we have.

I agree, no need to rush and it doesn't look like the season is going to start on time anyway. Luongo will get traded eventually maybe 10 games into the season when teams flop out of the gate. It's up to Gillis to wait and get value with team distration or not.

Lineups rarely stay the same come playoffs anyway. There are surprise players , the trade deadline etc.

Dude really? I have been a fan for 35 years and have seen some terrible Canucks teams over that time, all had heart but some terrible teams.

Now a days, I see all the posts by teenagers, spoiled brats who think just because mommy gave them a medal for coming in last they get what they want, and when they don't they have a temper tantrum, which is pretty much how you are acting. "I want a cup, you suck if you don't get one for me" attitude.

No team in any major sport can win their championship consistently anymore, cap rules, player movement, etc limits that, therefore all you can ask for is a team that is competitive and has a chance to win.

For the last 4 years the Canucks have been a top 5 favorite to win. For the last 2 years they have been a top 3 favorite and have won the president's trophy, along with a Stanley Cup final apearance.

I am not sure what team you are watching but if having a team that is considered to be a favorite for the last 4 years isn't enough for you, well go ask mommy for another ribbon kid.

Wake up and quit whining, we have a great shot, and really what it comes down to is our team performing with cohesiveness and effort at the right time, and having some luck, and minimal key injuries. Thats how Boston won, that's how LA won. We have enough talent, the key is chemistry and timing and getting on a run, nothing else, there is no magic bullet for this team.

Given our experience, talent, depth that's all its. Hunger, Heart, Chemistry, Effort, Timing.

ABurrows14. Boy its refreshing to read posts from people that remember what it was like when we really did have a team that sucked. Todays version of the Canucks is much better than 5, 10, 15 ,20, 25 years ago. Too many fans talk like spoilt kids and whine and whine and whine.

- We still have Luongo as a bargaining chip.  I say keep him unless MG gets something that helps our team.  Those who said just salary dump him are not seeing what Luongo could is actually worth.  I think it's great to hold out a bit into the season and watch some teams struggle with goaltenders and then when they look around for other possibilities, we have their missing piece.  

and later on if we are struggling in any of these positions then we can use Luongo to upgrade.  And if we aren't struggling at all then perhaps we continue to split minutes with Schneider. Again I said PERHAPS... 

I love u

Dude really? I have been a fan for 35 years and have seen some terrible Canucks teams over that time, all had heart but some terrible teams.

Nowadays, I see all the posts by teenagers, spoiled brats who think just because mommy gave them a medal for coming in last they get what they want, and when they don't they have a temper tantrum, which is pretty much how you are acting. "I want a cup, you suck if you don't get one for me" attitude.

No team in any major sport can win their championship consistently anymore, cap rules, player movement, etc limits that, therefore, all you can ask for is a team that is competitive and has a chance to win.

For the last 4 years the Canucks have been a top 5 favorite to win. For the last 2 years they have been a top 3 favorite and have won the president's trophy, along with a Stanley Cup final appearance.

I am not sure what team you are watching, but if having a team that is considered to be a favorite for the last 4 years isn't enough for you, well go ask mommy for another ribbon kid.

Wake up and quit whining, we have a great shot, and really what it comes down to is our team performing with cohesiveness and effort at the right time, and having some luck, and minimal key injuries. That's how Boston won, that's how LA won. We have enough talent, the key is chemistry and timing and getting on a run, nothing else, there is no magic bullet for this team.

Given our experience, talent, depth that's all it is. Hunger, Heart, Chemistry, Effort, Timing.

I'll tell you it's really refreshing to see a thread filled with support and positivity towards the team we all cheer for as apposed to the whining/bitchig/complaining posts that most of this forum is filled with.. Feels like there are some quality Canucks fans out there.

I'll tell you it's really refreshing to see a thread filled with support and positivity towards the team we all cheer for as apposed to the whining/bitchig/complaining posts that most of this forum is filled with.. Feels like there are some quality Canucks fans out there.

There's a lot of positive on this team right now. I don't fell we are as good as our 10-11 team at the moment, but a blockbuster Luongo trade could change that in an instant. We learned in 2011 what it takes to win a cup. I don't think we have that right now.

I agree, but we are just marginally better than 11/12.

Garrison > Salo

Kassian < Hodgson (certainly as of the current time, maybe someday soon Kass?)

But... Kass and Garrison is a good improvement in physical match ups balancing > More size and speed. So yeah we're a bit ahead.

As for 10/11 > Torres / Malhotra start of year version) blows away Lappy / Higgins as our current best 3rd line tandem. Edler matched Erhoff's offense, but not his ability to help rush the puck up ice under pressure. Yip, better that year.

I feel we are not as good as 10-11 but better than 11-12

Archived