The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Take it for what it is worth, which probably isn't very much but according to that jokester Eklund:

" Sabres Offer for Doan Huge, Canucks Offer Even Bigger. All that said, if Doan signs elsewhere it will be soon. If it goes past this week, I am told he will roll the dice and stay in Phoenix. But anything remains possible...

More to come in the AM."

If the rumours are true and the Sabres have offered $7.5 Million per, what the heck could the Canucks offer be?

This is of course another reason it is very difficult to believe.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Sabres-Offer-for-Doan-Huge-but-Canucks-Offer-Even-Bigger/1/46201

STRANGE.

Enough of the freakin' drama, already. Just sign a deal somewhere, Shane.

You'd think the guy was the second coming of The Great One, or something.

If he gets more than $4-5M / year somewhere, that team is overspending. I hope the Canucks don't blow their remaining cap load all on Shane Doan! What has he won? Nothing!

:towel::canucks:

This has gone long enough, the guy is close to calling it a year and he doesn't have a lot of years left in him. He has to choose whether he wants to stay loyal to the franchise he has spent his entire career with or if he wants play on a contender and have a real shot at winning the cup.

His decision and Gary Bettman's stupidity are really holding a lot of things back. If none of this was going Luongo would already by traded and we would have a close to finalized roster.

All I need is for Shane Doan to make a decision already and for Gary Bettman and the owners to their heads out of their a**es and finalize negotiations on a fair deal!!!

Mats Sundin? More like Mats Shanedoan if you ask me :P, boy market demand could REALLY push prices up, and at this cost

It;s Eklund so it's most likely BS, and I sure hope it is cause if we're offering Doan something like 8 million a year then Gillis is on crack

Archived