Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharpshooter

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

1,063 posts in this topic

Well, it's Eklund, so you know he's making it up. We wouldn't have offered that much to Doan. Besides, Doan clearly would rather stay in PHX anyway, and he has plenty of time for that situation to be resolved.

Well, it's Eklund, so you know he's making it up. We wouldn't have offered that much to Doan. Besides, Doan clearly would rather stay in PHX anyway, and he has plenty of time for that situation to be resolved.

As would I. But you know he was making it up, MG wouldn't offer Doan more than 7.5 a year.

I would think if we were to sign Doan, the contract would be front loaded. So something like

Year 1: $7.5 million

Year 2: $6 million

Year 3: $5.3 million

Year 4: $4.2 million

MG will make sure his cap hit isn't over 6 million. Maybe pay him loads of bonuses, but it won't appear where it matters most. These guys know what they're doing.

McKenzie and Dreger are on vacations...

Eklund just trying to get a few more stupid fan to listen to his stories.

OP : if you know Eklund if full of crap, why do you post?

MG will make sure his cap hit isn't over 6 million. Maybe pay him loads of bonuses, but it won't appear where it matters most. These guys know what they're doing.

Yes he should make up his mind and choose a team, but what are the odds he is actually going to leave Phoenix, I highly doubt he is going to move on from their organization

Gillman had already stated a while ago on local radio that the rumoured 4/30 offer would be a "deal breaker" for the Canucks.

Haha Shane Doan should just troll the entire league. Don't sign anywhere, then on October 1 he announces he's retiring.

I would think if we were to sign Doan, the contract would be front loaded. So something like

Question:

If a contract is front-loaded like that, and Doan retires after the 3rd year, what would be the cap-hit for the fourth year? 5.75 or 4.2?