The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Nah, it's pretty likely that a contract signed under the current CBA will be more favourable than a contract signed under the new CBA in very real terms. As a result, I'd say that Sept. 15 is a hard deadline. If the article is to believed, and Phoenix will not be on certain ground by that date then I think it's safe to say we might finally be getting close to D-Day for Mr. Doan.

Nah, it's pretty likely that a contract signed under the current CBA will be more favourable than a contract signed under the new CBA in very real terms. As a result, I'd say that Sept. 15 is a hard deadline. If the article is to believed, and Phoenix will not be on certain ground by that date then I think it's safe to say we might finally be getting close to D-Day for Mr. Doan.

I bet you guys anything that, one of his decisions might be

"I won't make a decision at this point until a new CBA has been put in place."

type of b.s. He's already put in multiple deadlines. I find this quite b.s and there are a handful of teams that can't really move on, and awaiting his decision.

I bet you guys anything that, one of his decisions might be

"I won't make a decision at this point until a new CBA has been put in place."

type of b.s. He's already put in multiple deadlines. I find this quite b.s and there are a handful of teams that can't really move on, and awaiting his decision.

Its either:

- "We've come up with the money to keep the team!" ~ Phoenix

- "We'll offer you more than anyone to play with us". ~ Buffalo

- "We have a good shot of winning, but we can only offer you two years". ~ NY Rangers

- "We'll offer you 4 years, playing time with the Sedins, closest to home and have a great shot at winning". ~ Vancouver

(Those aren't quotes anyone said, just what the teams have to offer approximately)

Hopefully number 4.

Its either:

- "We've come up with the money to keep the team!" ~ Phoenix

- "We'll offer you more than anyone to play with us". ~ Buffalo

- "We have a good shot of winning, but we can only offer you two years". ~ NY Rangers

- "We'll offer you 4 years, playing time with the Sedins, closest to home and have a great shot at winning". ~ Vancouver

(Those aren't quotes anyone said, just what the teams have to offer approximately)

Hopefully number 4.

Let's correct this:

- "Eventhough the NHL is lending me 20 million to buy the team I cannot guarantee you a contract because I'll still be losing 30 million a year" ~ Phoenix

- "We'll offer you more than anyone to play with us but your kids might get kidnapped or murdered". ~ Buffalo

- "We have a good shot of winning, but we can only offer you two years but Manhattan is the best city in earth and your wife will be able to shop on 5th avenue for anything she wants while you live and play in SoHo". ~ NY Rangers

- "We'll offer you 4 years, playing time with the Sedins, closest to home and have a great shot at winning a Cup and if you're part of the team, we might be able to create a dynasty". ~ Vancouver

Kids these days will die before their parents, with all the facts there for them to learn about health, but yet they still eat McDonalds everyday and will die at 30, while listening to, quite possibly, the most contrived, cookie cutter music ever recorded.

Prove me wrong, kids!

I wish I lived in the 70's, without Facebook, with good music and drugs.

:-D

...and oh yeah, sign Doan!!

Kids these days will die before their parents, with all the facts there for them to learn about health, but yet they still eat McDonalds everyday and will die at 30, while listening to, quite possibly, the most contrived, cookie cutter music ever recorded.

Prove me wrong, kids!

I wish I lived in the 70's, without Facebook, with good music and drugs.

:-D

...and oh yeah, sign Doan!!

Archived