The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Guys I hate to break it to you but I work with a couple guys who played in kamloops with Shane and who've also played in the nhl and they are. Friends with Shane and they play hockey with him during.the summer. Anyways they have told me that in speaking with him he has mentioned that he wants to stay in phoenix but if not the rangers would be his.number 1 choice. Shane says his family wants Vancouver but he sees best fit in Phoenix or the rangers. I'm upset because I think he's exactly what we need. Hima nd a big defenceman that can play. But anywAY don't shoot the messenger just telling you what theuve told me. Don't get your hopes up.

Guys I hate to break it to you but I work with a couple guys who played in kamloops with Shane and who've also played in the nhl and they are. Friends with Shane and they play hockey with him during.the summer. Anyways they have told me that in speaking with him he has mentioned that he wants to stay in phoenix but if not the rangers would be his.number 1 choice. Shane says his family wants Vancouver but he sees best fit in Phoenix or the rangers. I'm upset because I think he's exactly what we need. Hima nd a big defenceman that can play. But anywAY don't shoot the messenger just telling you what theuve told me. Don't get your hopes up.

Right when Doans agent came out and said 'we dont want this to go into late August' was the tip off that yes, this is exactly what is what he is prepared to do.

Ever since his agent said 'yup, canucks (and every other team) is on the list, I realized it was a ruse to get the best offer , then use it as leverage to get him a better deal from the Coyotes.

Now its Aug 30th, every team has made their pitch, and obviously the Yotes offer is nowhere near what Doans agent wanted.

So this game of chicken has been won by the Yotes. What is Doan going to do now? Is he really going to walk out ? I doubt it.

I guess his agent will blame it on the CBA talks and simply serve up another deadline.

In terms of overall roster fit, Van seems like the most logical choice for sure. He'd be pretty much a lock to play a top six right wing position. Other places like Philly, and NYR pretty much have their top-six position locked up.

Nash B.Richards Gaborik

Hagelin Stephen Callahan

or Kreider in the top-six

Hartnell Giroux Voracek

Read Briere Simmonds

or Schenn or Coutier in the top-six

The only problem with Van is the amount of money theyd be willing to offer. No one will or should get more money than the sedins.

sorry to burst your bubble but I know people who are long time friends with him so who cares what reports say. are theae reports from people who know and see him personally off the ice away from the arena? No did.t think so. So sorry but don't get excited it ain't happening. I hope I'm wrong trust me bit these are not vs sources I've met Shane with these guys couple years ago. Great human being by the way. I'm telling ya I hope I'm wrong but its phoenix rangers Canucks in that order. Just sayi.g not likely happening. My sources trump reports

Well, if there is a lockout, then there would be a whole new group of free agents, so Doan might not be on the top of our list. It is in his best interest to not let this happen. He will sign somewhere before the CBA expires, as his agent said.

sorry to burst your bubble but I know people who are long time friends with him so who cares what reports say. are theae reports from people who know and see him personally off the ice away from the arena? No did.t think so. So sorry but don't get excited it ain't happening. I hope I'm wrong trust me bit these are not vs sources I've met Shane with these guys couple years ago. Great human being by the way. I'm telling ya I hope I'm wrong but its phoenix rangers Canucks in that order. Just sayi.g not likely happening. My sources trump reports

basically nobody knows what they are going to do next. there is no free will, you aren't in control of your next move.

do you ever know what you are going to say right before you say it? no way, you think about it later, but you have no idea what might come out of your mouth next (or keyboard for that matter). that is why conversation is so interesting, cause you think of stuff yourself that you wouldn't think of by yourself. the dialog.

so who the fukc knows where he will end up. depends on which side of the bed he rolls out of on the last day. obviously his short list are almost identical as far as opportunity to win the cup - with Van short in the top-6 but having more medium-depth than other teams (oh... haven't heard that "one of the top-3/5 goaltenders in the world" lately have we?)

I say let him sign in NY, and then we can trade for one of their displaced top-6 forwards (younger!).

Archived