The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Yeah lets go for the "back up" plan because Doan is like not worth it maaaaan..

We go after some young cheaper guys who have little or no playoff experience over a proven stud veteran Captain who is tried, tested and true. Yup, lets go after a different route because its cheaper and the Canucks can't don't have capspace at all.

Your fooling yourself if you don't think Doan would make us instant CUP favorites by signing him to our club.

Yeah he's a bit on the higher side but thats what you have to be prepared to pay players of his caliber especially during free agency.

You want a cup don't you? Imagine Doan, Sedin, Sedin. That line would be better than Getzlaf, Perry & Ryan!

Jamison is going to get his legs broken by the investors that leant him a majority of this money. Whatever profit Jamison makes it will be from the transfer payments of the top 9 teams - the current system which see's these teams get taxed 15mil a year for these garbage markets.

There is still a giant asterisk in as much as Jamison has to have everything worked out by the end of September.

Jamison is going to get his legs broken by the investors that leant him a majority of this money. Whatever profit Jamison makes it will be from the transfer payments of the top 9 teams - the current system which see's these teams get taxed 15mil a year for these garbage markets.

There is still a giant asterisk in as much as Jamison has to have everything worked out by the end of September.

I can only hope that the Sept 15th date is a firm date for him to sign and that the issues Jamison's having with the City of Phoenix about taxes or whatever continue way past Sept 15th in an unresolved fashion that forces Doan to succumb to frustration and impatience and ultimately allows him to sign with the Canucks.

Yeah, i know, i'm dreamin'.

I'm pretty sure he's looked into this alot further than we have. The guy isn't some dumb hockey fan who is willing to buy the cheapest franchise just to own one, he's made serious money before so obviously he knows what he's doing. My guess is he knows the franchise has to move eventually and when it does he'll get a major Canadian market and the value of the franchise will skyrocket. I don't know anything about major corporate business but I'm betting he's got this thing planned out over the next 20yrs.

I can only hope that the Sept 15th date is a firm date for him to sign and that the issues Jamison's having with the City of Phoenix about taxes or whatever continue way past Sept 15th in an unresolved fashion that forces Doan to succumb to frustration and impatience and ultimately allows him to sign with the Canucks.

Yeah, i know, i'm dreamin'.

Archived