The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

I assume the league may have their hands full with the CBA negotiations at the moment. They may not be able to approve the sale before then. Politicking...tick...tick....Doan is saying all the right things, but this could easily backfire and not get resolved...thus allowing for him to change addresses. I feel a 1 year contract might be on the horizon, and not with the yotes.

;)

I doubt they would be announcing a contract was agreed to if the sale was not imminent. I think the Doan to Vancouver drama is unofficially over and will be officially over very soon.

Thank goodness.

Now you can all go Schultz on Doan! "We love you, come here, ties to the city, blah, blah blah. You signed elsewhere? You suck, I didn't want him here anyway!"

I doubt they would be announcing a contract was agreed to if the sale was not imminent. I think the Doan to Vancouver drama is unofficially over and will be officially over very soon.

Thank goodness.

Now you can all go Schultz on Doan! "We love you, come here, ties to the city, blah, blah blah. You signed elsewhere? You suck, I didn't want him here anyway!"

Phoenix didn't announce the signing, Doan did on a radio show.

IMO he's just saying to the fans that he wants to stay there, he has agreed to a contract, but ultimately it's out of his hands. If the sale goes through before the 15th he'll sign, if not he's gone.

It's been this way all summer, and Jamison has failed time and time again to close the deal.

From @Team1130Sports:

Terry Bross, agent for Shane Doan tells News1130 Canucks still in the mix. Bross says Phoenix ownership issues still not settled.#nhl #doan

Terry Bross agent for Shane Doan tells News1130 Canucks "very strong possibility if things don't work out in Phoenix." Canucks 1 of 3 in mix

Nothings over until it's over.

Is it just me or do we only hear Doan expressing interest in PHX, and not the other way around. You would think that any current or potential ownership group would put out any kind of media tidbit that would assure their paying customers and season ticket holders. It appears to me that Doan wants to stay in PHX more than PHX wants to hang on to one of their faces of the franchise (if not the only face of the franchise). I'll go on the record (not that anyone should care what I say or thnk) that perhaps this could be a fresh fiscal start of sort for the new ownership group in PHX-trimming down operating costs right off the bat. If they market Smithy as their new face and let Doan go, then its like a mini rebuild of sort but with new owners (who we know are going to be penny pinchers for the next few years if all accounts are correct about the state of Jamiesons cash flow and net worth). DOan is simply (IMO) showing the fans right up until the very last hour that he is loyal, cares to stay in PHX, but that after all is said and done, he tried but ownership simply could not be resolved in time for him to make a personal and business decision for the rest of his family.

Reports Shane Doan has signed four-year $21.5 million extension with Coyotes

The Canucks were hoping a gold-medal winning veteran with a cap hit of about $5 million would be reporting to training camp this month.

And it's true, one is planning to. But he's the wrong one.

Roberto Luongo maybe in Vancouver next week and prepared to report to camp, if camp ever happens. So he's in. For now. But Shane Doan appears to be out, according to reports which have him agreeing to a four-year, $21.5 million extension with the Phoenix Coyotes, pending the completed sale of the club to Greg Jamison.

The Canucks had tabled a similar offer, though the money wasn't quite as much, and still believe they have the best chance to be Doan's Plan B. But that Plan B is disappearing faster than those Polar bears on Lost.

Doan represented an opportunity to significantly and instantly improve the Canucks, which explains why they were pursuing him with a courtship which included a dinner at the city's Italian Kitchen.

Doan kept saying it wasn't about the money, and it hasn't been as the Phoenix deal is significantly less than the $30-million contract he was offered.

But, really, no team but Phoenix has been close to signing him. Doan has spent all summer extending his so-called deadlines because he never intended to leave Phoenix. Doan told an Arizona radio station he's known since the mid-June that Jamison's ownership bid had a very good chance of working out.

In a lengthy interview, Doan told XTRA 910 Radio Jamison has the financing, which is sitting in escrow, and he's only waiting for the lease agreement with Glendale to get the approval stamp.

If you're into fantasies, Doan did leave the door open a sliver, saying if there's an issue with the lease agreement he could still sign with another team. Either way, he will have a contract by midnight on Sept. 15.

Edit: Link attached

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Reports+Shane+Doan+signed+four+year+million/7208175/story.html

Reports Shane Doan has signed four-year $21.5 million extension with Coyotes

The Canucks were hoping a gold-medal winning veteran with a cap hit of about $5 million would be reporting to training camp this month.

And it's true, one is planning to. But he's the wrong one.

Roberto Luongo maybe in Vancouver next week and prepared to report to camp, if camp ever happens. So he's in. For now. But Shane Doan appears to be out, according to reports which have him agreeing to a four-year, $21.5 million extension with the Phoenix Coyotes, pending the completed sale of the club to Greg Jamison.

The Canucks had tabled a similar offer, though the money wasn't quite as much, and still believe they have the best chance to be Doan's Plan B. But that Plan B is disappearing faster than those Polar bears on Lost.

Doan represented an opportunity to significantly and instantly improve the Canucks, which explains why they were pursuing him with a courtship which included a dinner at the city's Italian Kitchen.

Doan kept saying it wasn't about the money, and it hasn't been as the Phoenix deal is significantly less than the $30-million contract he was offered.

But, really, no team but Phoenix has been close to signing him. Doan has spent all summer extending his so-called deadlines because he never intended to leave Phoenix. Doan told an Arizona radio station he's known since the mid-June that Jamison's ownership bid had a very good chance of working out.

In a lengthy interview, Doan told XTRA 910 Radio Jamison has the financing, which is sitting in escrow, and he's only waiting for the lease agreement with Glendale to get the approval stamp.

If you're into fantasies, Doan did leave the door open a sliver, saying if there's an issue with the lease agreement he could still sign with another team. Either way, he will have a contract by midnight on Sept. 15.

Edit: Link attached

http://www.theprovin...8175/story.html

The City council of PHX hasn't made a decision on the tax issue yet.

So, the completed sale of the team is still pending.

The contract signing therefore is still pending.

The deadline in order for Doan to remain in PHX is Sept 15th, as per Doan.

So, nothing's really changed, and there's still a chance that Doan may find himself in a Canucks uniform. The rest is speculation.

The City council of PHX hasn't made a decision on the tax issue yet.

So, the completed sale of the team is still pending.

The contract signing therefore is still pending.

The deadline in order for Doan to remain in PHX is Sept 15th, as per Doan.

So, nothing's really changed, and there's still a chance that Doan may find himself in a Canucks uniform. The rest is speculation.

Archived