The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

If a deal isn't done between the city and Jamison by the 15th I don't see Doan extending his deadline. It could cost him millions if he did that.

I posted an article above which alludes to what the Canucks offer might have been. It seems Canucks offered approx $20 mill over 4 or 5 years. A lot better than the $6 mill over 4 that was rumoured. $20 over 5 would makes it palatable for me. AA Cap hit $4 mill. Front load the contract and trade Doan to a bottom feeder to hit cap floor in year 4 and he promptly retires. All parties win.

Its articles like this that are responsible for the drastic misunderstanding/confusion of news. This guys a moron with his flashy headlines.

Jamison doesn't have approval by the city for the $300 million leasing agreement on the arena... The City is hesitant because in order to supply the lease, they would need to incorporate a sales tax upon the people of Glendale.

There was a petition that was submitted by the people of Glendale to stop the sales tax increase, but it was rejected by the city. However, because of a ruling by a court of appeals and a supreme court; the sales tax increase will be voted on by the public, and will likely be shot down. Thereby making it so that the city doesn't have the funds to pay Jamison to operate the arena; Meaning Doan will not sign with Phoenix.

Clearly, since he said "I will sign with a team by the 15th" He is making sure a deal is agreed upon with Phoenix providing Jamison's sale; so they aren't negotiating on terms at 10:00pm on the 14th.

I posted an article above which alludes to what the Canucks offer might have been. It seems Canucks offered approx $20 mill over 4 or 5 years. A lot better than the $6 mill over 4 that was rumoured. $20 over 5 would makes it palatable for me. AA Cap hit $4 mill. Front load the contract and trade Doan to a bottom feeder to hit cap floor in year 4 and he promptly retires. All parties win.

Its articles like this that are responsible for the drastic misunderstanding/confusion of news. This guys a moron with his flashy headlines.

Jamison doesn't have approval by the city for the $300 million leasing agreement on the arena... The City is hesitant because in order to supply the lease, they would need to incorporate a sales tax upon the people of Glendale.

There was a petition that was submitted by the people of Glendale to stop the sales tax increase, but it was rejected by the city. However, because of a ruling by a court of appeals and a supreme court; the sales tax increase will be voted on by the public, and will likely be shot down. Thereby making it so that the city doesn't have the funds to pay Jamison to operate the arena; Meaning Doan will not sign with Phoenix.

Clearly, since he said "I will sign with a team by the 15th" He is making sure a deal is agreed upon with Phoenix providing Jamison's sale; so they aren't negotiating on terms at 10:00pm on the 14th.

Your man-crush on Doana is a bit much .. I call Doana "dim" and you take it personally? .. you really need to get out more and interact with other folks .. listen to Doana .. he sounds like he took one too many pucks to the head .. not punches for sure, but pucks .. not being a rye drinker results in my spelling Wiser wrong? .. I can live with that .. :)

If a deal isn't done between the city and Jamison by the 15th I don't see Doan extending his deadline. It could cost him millions if he did that.

Phoenix doesn't deserve to have an NHL team, they just don't support it. That franchise is a drag on the rest of the league.

If Doan wants to play there so be it but I'd rather see that team move to Quebec City where they deserve to have a team again.

Phoenix should change their name from the "Coyotes" to "Bettman's ego".

Phoenix doesn't deserve to have an NHL team, they just don't support it. That franchise is a drag on the rest of the league.

If Doan wants to play there so be it but I'd rather see that team move to Quebec City where they deserve to have a team again.

Phoenix should change their name from the "Coyotes" to "Bettman's ego".

Whatever the offer is, I'd assume it'd have a signing bonus for the first year. That's a large consideration into why he'd sign prior to midnight on the 15th, as a bonus would be paid regardless of the lockout and wouldn't be included in any salary rollbacks.

Your man-crush on Doana is a bit much .. I call Doana "dim" and you take it personally? .. you really need to get out more and interact with other folks .. listen to Doana .. he sounds like he took one too many pucks to the head .. not punches for sure, but pucks .. not being a rye drinker results in my spelling Wiser wrong? .. I can live with that .. :)

You are quite the he-man behind your monitor .. calling someone dim is juvenile? .. as I say, your avatar says all that needs saying .. just how does one "call out" someone over the internet? .. I have a real problem with people who act threatening from the safety of their basement bedroom .. I "insult" a player who is, in my opinion, a cheap shot coward .. you attack and insult me, and others .. if there was a way you could actually "call me out", I would be happy to oblige you .. :)

Edit: I thought it was against CDC policy to act "threatening" to another Forum member?? .. just more "riffraff" I guess ..

you guys suck. stop acting like idiots and quit insulting each other. let people be free and express themselves, and whoever started the insults, you bite balls. who cares if someone says something inappropriate - can you tell me you've never done so yourself? ever? even after a few drinks? who gives a flying fukc anyways?

man up and take responsibility - acknowledge that you may have insulted someone and no big deal. unless you really are children...

Strange thing is dinna drink .. I used to love Glenlivet, but no longer imbibe .. so never, ever write off my ramblings as alcohol induced .. I have met Doana, both when he was in Junior and since he invested money in my old home town ..

I call him Doana, as in "Prima Doana" .. if you dinna like what I have to say about him, or anyone else, then disagree all you want, just stop making it personal .. I make comments about Doana and you make personal, insulting comments about me .. frack off, riffraff ..

With every passing day, Doana looks more like a selfish tool to me .. that is my opinion and it will not change despite what you and the rest of the people on this site think .. that is the beauty of having a mind and an opinion in this free society .. I can express it any time I wish .. if you canna handle my opinions, then feel free to ignore me .. just stop with the personal insults .. it will make you a "Weiser" man ..

Archived