The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

I want to see a team come to Houston. They have the population, they built an arena that houses 17,800 for hockey, and it is one of the areas in the US that is still booming economically. Plus, the players will love having no state income tax. For some contracts it may save them almost a quarter million or more a year.

Also, not sure, but the issue of whether a hockey franchise is viable in the long term in markets like Phoenix is probably relevent to the Doan thread, considering his decision whether he stays or signs elsewhere hinges pretty much entirely on that issue.

Otherwise, the thread had gotten slightly offtrack with "personal" stuff anyhow....

I want to see a team come to Houston. They have the population, they built an arena that houses 17,800 for hockey, and it is one of the areas in the US that is still booming economically. Plus, the players will love having no state income tax. For some contracts it may save them almost a quarter million or more a year.

Also, not sure, but the issue of whether a hockey franchise is viable in the long term in markets like Phoenix is probably relevent to the Doan thread, considering his decision whether he stays or signs elsewhere hinges pretty much entirely on that issue.

Otherwise, the thread had gotten slightly offtrack with "personal" stuff anyhow....

Why would you still be whining about schultz, the guy is very overrated. Would I have liked to have him on the Canucks? Yeah. But not because he's the next Paul Coffey, just because he was a free prospect that we could have signed with no risk.

In reality, he's really not any better than Connauton, who will be given a fair chance to make the team this year. And he definitely wasn't going to beat out Tanev for ice-time.

Why would you still be whining about schultz, the guy is very overrated. Would I have liked to have him on the Canucks? Yeah. But not because he's the next Paul Coffey, just because he was a free prospect that we could have signed with no risk.

In reality, he's really not any better than Connauton, who will be given a fair chance to make the team this year. And he definitely wasn't going to beat out Tanev for ice-time.

You are going to be disappointed in Connauton. Big shot, but questionable hockey vision and IQ. Decent but unimpressive breakout pass. Still a work in progress in the defensive zone, though from what I've heard, his coverage has gotten better.

Schultz is a blue chip prospect. That doesn't mean that he'll work out, but Connauton is not even close to his level. If thinks work out for Connauton, his upside is a bigger Marc-Andre Bergeron.

You are going to be disappointed in Connauton. Big shot, but questionable hockey vision and IQ. Decent but unimpressive breakout pass. Still a work in progress in the defensive zone, though from what I've heard, his coverage has gotten better.

Schultz is a blue chip prospect. That doesn't mean that he'll work out, but Connauton is not even close to his level. If thinks work out for Connauton, his upside is a bigger Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Let me remind you of a player in Toronto named Bozak, that's the last "Blue Chipper" that was supposed to the best player not playing in the NHL. Personally I think anyone banking on Schultz is going to be extremely dissapointed. You could say the same for Tanev but you have to remember he is playing in an excellent situation in Van that's been taylor made to his development. Don't know if Tanev makes most other NHL rosters.

Archived