The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Okay you can stick to following people who guess opposed to actual sources... I can guess too

A Source has just recently told me that the Vancouver Canucks will sign Shane Doan tomorrow if Jamison doesn't secure deal. Exhale British Columbia

Go ahead and follow my twitter, if I get this it must mean I'm credible, right?

I will also predict that if there is an NHL season next year, it will be won by a western team.

The TSX will go up tomorrow

and if I flip this coin it will land on heads.

He also said we'd get Schultz, and that Lu would be traded to Fla already... Go and read his articles, they are all common sense stuff we already know. What a joke

logohead100.gif messier4.jpgCanucks sign Messier

The Vancouver Canucks won the bidding war for Mark Messier on Monday, when the 36-year old ex-New York Ranger signed a three-year contract with the team, reportedly worth $20 million.

The deal is also said to include an incentive package that could increase the overall value of the contract.

The big question is will Messier be able to jump start the underachieving Canucks with his legendary leadership skills. Vancouver missed the playoffs last season despite having one of the NHL's highest payroll which includes such star players as Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny and Trevor Linden.

....................... :frantic: .......................

If you guys pay any attention to him without having this "let's hate hockey insiderr" bandwagon, bias and group mentality, you'd see he actually does get a lot of stuff right. Whether he's just guessing, has a crystal ball or actually has inside sources, his credibility is definitely growing, the guy has released signing and trades long before they've occurred and backs it up by showing his original tweets from weeks before. He does sound like a dramatic Dbag on twitter sometimes, but his stuff is pretty legit, just seems like people are hating on him cause it's the popular thing to do.

Your argument is ridiculous, that is very general stuff and your attempt at being a smartass just shows how close minded and immature you are. I'm just giving credit where it's due because he gets A LOT of stuff right, and not just the general crap you're spewing out, he has called lengths of contract, exact dollar amounts, etc MANY times. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of how he conducts himself, very dramatic and stand-off-ish, but his rumors have come true in many instances where credible sources hadnt even mentioned it. At the very least the rumors provide us something to talk about and sparks conversation, so to attack someone for posting something from him is dumb.

I wasn't a fan of his either and always was very skeptic, but when he called the entire Shea Weber saga to a tee before anybody else, every bit of it, I started paying more attention to him, and since then I've seen him call many trades and signings, including the Nash blockbuster.

Archived