The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

Since I have been convinced the ultimate destination for the Yotes was Seattle for some time I now wonder if Mike Gillis has had a deal in waiting to move Luongo as soon as Doan signs with Van or not. The Luongo trade changes on what Doan does. If that is the case then an annoucement might come prior to 2:00 pm.

Since I have been convinced the ultimate destination for the Yotes was Seattle for some time I now wonder if Mike Gillis has had a deal in waiting to move Luongo as soon as Doan signs with Van or not. The Luongo trade changes on what Doan does. If that is the case then an annoucement might come prior to 2:00 pm.

I thought he had already signed last week and that was that...? Guess I'll be pleasantly surprised if he signs with the 'Nucks. Question is, if he signs with the boys in blue, which number will he wear?

Province article last week saying he signed to 4 year 21.5 million deal http://www.theprovin...8175/story.html

edit:

nevermind, just read who the author of the article was.

announcement coming at noon PST!!!!

News1130 Sports @News1130Sports

Update - Shane Doan's agent tells CKWX that he wants to make the announcement decision in 3 hours.

Bross says #Canucks offer to Doan is good but it doesn't knock your socks off bcoss VAN has cap issues.

Agent Terry Bross says you can flip a coin right now as to Doan signing with #Canucks or Coyotes.

Bross says Doan willing to take less in VAN bcoss he loves the front office - calls them 1st class.

If Shane Doan signs in Vancouver - say bye to Alexandre Burrows.

Why say goodbye to burrows?, we have Lou, Raymond and Ballard that are expendable, even if we have to waive Raymond or Ballard( I still believe as little as it may be, we could still get a third or 4th rdr for Lou) those 3 free up 12 mil in space, so unless we offered Doan 12mill/year, we have options

Archived