The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

I live in Phoenix. John Gambadoro, mentioned here many times as a main source of the Doan reports, states today that Doan is of the belief that if he doesn't not stay in Phoenix it could lead to the complete removal of the franchise from AZ. He feels that much pressure to stay, but is aware that if a deal falls through with Jamison that he could be forced to relocate to a place he is not interested in playing.

Tough call for sure.

I am listening to Gambadoro's radio show as I type and will try and post anything I hear. He had Doan on a ton and they are very good friends so he know his ish.

I love the enthusiasm by all the young guns on this board, but if being a canuck fan has taught me anything over the years, is that there the odds of dissapointment are higher than anything else.

I doubt Doan announces he is signing here-real long shot-just a gut feeling...he has been saying so much about how he has been wanting to sign with phx all along-why would he change his mind all of a sudden???

If he does sign here and there is a lock out, we are getting a 37 yr old player who scored 50 pts last year. He played in every plum situation and all he could manage was 50pts. He was also a -8 on a team so good defensively that they made bryzgolov look all world!!!

if he signs- I expect 40-50 pts and ppl will be pissed we put so much money and term behind him.

so many years so much dissapointment, Doan isnt a saviour, so lets not get a head of ourselves...

this whole thing should remind you all of Sundin...

Archived