1062 replies to this topic

#301 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

This will all end in tears. Once more MG will be left holding his dick in his hands and yet another "must have" will have slipped through our fingers.
Personally I'm not bothered, other than the amount of time we seem to have spent on it.

If I was the GM of an elite team like the Canucks I would ask the player/ his agent what he wanted. I would then make an offer and leave it open for 10 days or so.

If the guy is serious he would then try to negotiate at the table and if no agreement was reached ...........fine we walk away and look at someone else.

That way you get a reputation for being decisive AND fair. At present we look like desperate felines who can be messed about without limit.

Is Doan THE ONLY guy who we think will fit our requirements...........surly not.

Like Sammy I would rather take a good player for 1/2 years and then look at who is available then. So let's get Arnott now and press on with some trades.

Posted Image

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#302 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

This will all end in tears. Once more MG will be left holding his dick in his hands and yet another "must have" will have slipped through our fingers.
Personally I'm not bothered, other than the amount of time we seem to have spent on it.

If I was the GM of an elite team like the Canucks I would ask the player/ his agent what he wanted. I would then make an offer and leave it open for 10 days or so.

If the guy is serious he would then try to negotiate at the table and if no agreement was reached ...........fine we walk away and look at someone else.

That way you get a reputation for being decisive AND fair. At present we look like desperate felines who can be messed about without limit.

Is Doan THE ONLY guy who we think will fit our requirements...........surly not.

Like Sammy I would rather take a good player for 1/2 years and then look at who is available then. So let's get Arnott now and press on with some trades.

It's a good thing you are not GM of the Canucks! You would suck at it!
"He'll play! You know he'll play! He'll play on crutches!"
"Adams shoots...SCORES!!! Greg Adams!!! Greg Adams!!!"
"They've slayed the dragon!!"

#303 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

Doant hate on him... I cant Hanzal the haters. okay?

Gretzky yah later

These quotes aren't funny! They were never funny! Go away!...

#304 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,010 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Am I the only one who finds this whole thing ridiculous.
It's almost as if he is using us to get the deal he wants at Phoenix. This has all the hallmarks of a Messier mindfeck to me.

If he wants to come here, fine give him a a window to get it done.

If not, why are we wasting so much time on the guy............it's not like he is some young stud or some balding genius who is coming here for nothing.

The longer this carries on the more desperate WE look. Lets look at players who actually DESIRE to play here.

I don't really agree with the idea that Doan is using the situation as leverage for a better deal in Phoenix. He's stated all along that re-signing there is his number one priority and it seems to me that he's been giving Jamieson every opportunity to get his finances in order. This is why the situation has been dragging out for so long.

I believe that if the Coyotes' ownership situation had been settled, Doan wouldbe re-signed by now. In Phoenix.

However, I do agree that the longer this situation drags out, the less leeway Mike Gillis has. It seems likely that Arnott is plan B and the Canucks are not thinking of signing both he and Doan, so any potential deal for Arnott is in Limbo as it stands.

It's already been pointed out several times and in several different threads, that the Doan situation has a significant impact on a potential Luongo trade as well. If Gillis lands Doan, then the Canucks want picks and/or prospects for Luongo. If Doan stays in the desert, Gillis will likely be asking for some immediate help when he moves Louie.

On top of all of these factors is the spectre of an impending lockout hanging over everyone's head.

At some point, (hopefully in the not too distant future) both Gillis and Shane Doan are going to have to fish or cut bait.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#305 CanucksCupHopes

CanucksCupHopes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Lp

#306 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Kardashian meme's ... oh how we've sunk so low.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#307 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,010 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Kardashian meme's ... oh how we've sunk so low.

Agreed. For me it's Patrick Stewart, Tommy Lee Jones or nothing....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#308 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Agreed. For me it's Patrick Stewart, Tommy Lee Jones or nothing....

None of the above please

#309 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm having coffee and Doanuts for breakfast.

#310 Doanuts

Doanuts

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Say what?

#311 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Breakfast? You must not have kids or you would have had those Doanuts much earlier.

Posted Image

#312 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Breakfast? You must not have kids or you would have had those Doanuts much earlier.

Or breakfast or donuts at all!
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#313 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Appeals court rules against Glendale in sales tax ballot measure battle

http://www.bizjourna...t-glendale.html

#314 Mackcanuck

Mackcanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

So now the Arena deal tax increase has to go on a Nov. referendum.
I don't think that Jaimeson and his group who are struggling for funding, will be able to move forward in buying the Coyotes until the Arena deal from the City is secured.
It will not be secured by Sept. 15, IMHO.

kevinbieksa_4622-218x150.jpg

#315 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

This farce marches on. As more cities face bankruptcy I somehow doubt the citizens of PHX will allow this tax. The vast majority don't even know what hockey is let alone go to watch it. This franchise will be on the move even if they do play in PHX another year. I am sure that the potential buyers are telling Doan that Seattle is their objective.

If Sept.15th is the deadline for Doan's decision I cannot see how he can have any assurance of the team's future by that time with this development.

#316 Wonder__Bread

Wonder__Bread

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...st.htm?id=11120

Shane Doan to make decision by september 15th!

Posted Image

#317 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thanks Bud.

Posted Image

#318 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,899 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Couple days late on this one

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#319 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

What a premadoana

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#320 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

The 15th.
At least there's a date now, people.

Is there no pleasing anybody in the offseason? Me thinks not.

An actual date for a possible trade is as good as it gets.

I'll take it.

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#321 Wonder__Bread

Wonder__Bread

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Sorry, was lazy to go through every single page, haven't been on for a while either... Oh well for all those who don't want to go through the pages, September 15th. :P

Posted Image

#322 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Shane Doan to retire and start up a coffee shop in Phoenix by Nov., if a deal isn't signed.

SYvE9NH.gif

#323 Linden Legend

Linden Legend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

What a premadoana

Shut up

#324 djsandwiches

djsandwiches

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Thanks Bud.

Cheers and salutations folks!
I play rough and have an opinion. Let us play with thoughts and words, and not get our sticks up beyond this binary forum. If you can play you can play is trending out on the West Siiiiiieeeeeeed of Canada. Come in peace but prepare to battle and debate. So shut up and stop wasting time reading my every word of my signature....cuz I just won the face-off while you got trapped into my lyrical vortex of fun fluffy fun von deutsch funland. Tag you are it....trade you Lu for Bolland and a prospect plus a 1st.

#325 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

The 15th.
At least there's a date now, people.

Is there no pleasing anybody in the offseason? Me thinks not.

An actual date for a possible trade is as good as it gets.

I'll take it.

There have been a number of different dates stated over the course of the offseason, so far they have all fallen apart. Oh well though. :P I hope we can somehow swing signing him.

#326 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,318 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

There have been a number of different dates stated over the course of the offseason, so far they have all fallen apart. Oh well though. :P I hope we can somehow swing signing him.

The idea behind the September 15 date is that he won't be able to sign a contract after that unless the lockout is lifted. If he doesn't have a contract, he can't get paid anything - not any bonus money he might have had on a new contract nor any payouts from the union for revenues from the league and 'strike' pay. Of course, if the owners don't lockout or a new CBA is signed, that date could change, but as it is it's the most firm date of any this summer.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#327 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

The idea behind the September 15 date is that he won't be able to sign a contract after that unless the lockout is lifted. If he doesn't have a contract, he can't get paid anything - not any bonus money he might have had on a new contract nor any payouts from the union for revenues from the league and 'strike' pay. Of course, if the owners don't lockout or a new CBA is signed, that date could change, but as it is it's the most firm date of any this summer.

Very well put. It's straight forward. It's not greed, it's common sense on Doan's part. Any player would be advised to do the same as any good agent would advise.
Personally I think Doan and his agent know this is one item ,(Phoenix being league owned),holding up a player ownership contract. I would think Doan has had it with the Phoenix deal. If the fellow wanting to buy Phoenix is short cash to buy the team where's the money coming from to sign Doan to a deal?

I think Doan is going to wait it out and simply make his choice when there's been nothing but time to think about things. I think his choice has been made.

#328 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think doan will meet with the 2 or 3 teams he wants to play with.I highly doubt that he will stay in phoenix.This will be his last contract and thats what he wants,so where ever he signs it will be before the lockout and we will know soon.
Posted Image

#329 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

What a premadoana

Doan was born prematurely??

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#330 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,010 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Those other dates were reverse deadlines, as in "Shane Doan won't make a decision before this date", etc.

This is the first actual deadline that I've seen so far....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.