1062 replies to this topic

#331 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Those other dates were reverse deadlines, as in "Shane Doan won't make a decision before this date", etc.

This is the first actual deadline that I've seen so far....

not to mentio everytime some internet blogger puts up some date, everyone takes it as gospel from the Doan camp. Fact is, he probably has never once stated a date he was going to make a decision by.

#332 Jayou

Jayou

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

http://www.azcentral...-agreement.html

via Kukla's Korner

So, does this mean the Jamison sale will not go through before Sept. 15?

#333 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

via Kukla's Korner

Nope. It won't go through until at least late September. And we all know when Doan said he'd sign by

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#334 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Nope. It won't go through until at least late September. And we all know when Doan said he'd sign by

2nd time I use this:

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#335 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

The writing is on the wall, but we're not the only team with lines in the water. Let's just hope we're the one's to land this tuna.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#336 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

2nd time I use this:

I'll 3rd this:

#337 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

The writing is on the wall, but we're not the only team with lines in the water. Let's just hope we're the one's to land this tuna.

Its either:

- "We've come up with the money to keep the team!" ~ Phoenix
- "We'll offer you more than anyone to play with us". ~ Buffalo
- "We have a good shot of winning, but we can only offer you two years". ~ NY Rangers
- "We'll offer you 4 years, playing time with the Sedins, closest to home and have a great shot at winning". ~ Vancouver

(Those aren't quotes anyone said, just what the teams have to offer approximately)

Hopefully number 4.

Edited by Frédéric Chopin, 27 August 2012 - 06:23 PM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#338 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

via Kukla's Korner

This extension means nothing other than either Jamieson is dragging his feet or cannot close the deal. The more important news is that the Courts overthrew the decision which would have prevented a public vote on the sales tax that generated revenue of +/- $20 mil to the hockey club from the City. If the tax now goes on the November ballot the chances of it passing are not good. In any event how does Jamieson proceed on closing the deal with that hammer over his head. Best case scenario is the deal closes in November. Keep in mind that a new City council, which is on record as against the sales tax, will then be in power.

How can anyone have any confidence that this deal is happening? It is a gong show. Top all that off with a potential lockout. Jamieson's investors will be scattering like cut cats out of a gunny sack.

#339 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Its either:

- "We have a good shot of winning, but we can only offer you two years". ~ NY Rangers
- "We'll offer you 4 years, playing time with the Sedins, closest to home and have a great shot at winning". ~ Vancouver

Hopefully number 4.

Not to sound like a homer but if I'm Doan the 4th option sounds very appetizing to me.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#340 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Not to sound like a homer but if I'm Doan the 4th option sounds very appetizing to me.

Not homerish at all. We're offering a lot. That's how Gillis rolls.

Its not just money for our players, its community, character and what kind of organization we are.

Edited by Frédéric Chopin, 28 August 2012 - 04:20 AM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#341 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

I bet you guys anything that, one of his decisions might be

"I won't make a decision at this point until a new CBA has been put in place."

type of b.s. He's already put in multiple deadlines. I find this quite b.s and there are a handful of teams that can't really move on, and awaiting his decision.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#342 firestorm238

firestorm238

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Nah, it's pretty likely that a contract signed under the current CBA will be more favourable than a contract signed under the new CBA in very real terms. As a result, I'd say that Sept. 15 is a hard deadline. If the article is to believed, and Phoenix will not be on certain ground by that date then I think it's safe to say we might finally be getting close to D-Day for Mr. Doan.

#343 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Nah, it's pretty likely that a contract signed under the current CBA will be more favourable than a contract signed under the new CBA in very real terms. As a result, I'd say that Sept. 15 is a hard deadline. If the article is to believed, and Phoenix will not be on certain ground by that date then I think it's safe to say we might finally be getting close to D-Day for Mr. Doan.

I heard he might be taking a year off like Thomas. It would be pretty funny if he signed in Europe for 1 year knowing full well that there will be a lockout. All these predictions would be wrong.

Posted Image

#344 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

type of b.s. He's already put in multiple deadlines. I find this quite b.s and there are a handful of teams that can't really move on, and awaiting his decision.

You didn't read the quotes from his agent saying that they will make a decision by September 15th because they want to sign a deal BEFORE the new CBA.

Posted Image

#345 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,304 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

No, he hasn't.

And it doesn't make much sense to hold off on signing a deal until a new CBA is negotiated. Do you think things are going to be better for the players?
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#346 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Signing Prima Doana to a 4 year deal would be looked back on as a boneheaded move of Messier proportions, who was a 3 year deal, and P. Doana ain't no Messier, even on his best day, ever!!

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#347 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Its either:

(Those aren't quotes anyone said, just what the teams have to offer approximately)

Hopefully number 4.

you forgot

- "We has Crosby." - Pittsburgh
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#348 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

Signing Prima Doana to a 4 year deal would be looked back on as a boneheaded move of Messier proportions, who was a 3 year deal, and P. Doana ain't no Messier, even on his best day, ever!!

I hate it when people just say something, even if it is just an opinion, without giving any sort of explanation or evidence. If you are in the process of typing something, add a sentence explaining why you think that way.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#349 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

you forgot

- "We has Crosby." - Pittsburgh

And...

- "We gots Malkin too." - Pittsburgh

;)

#350 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

And...

- "We gots Malkin too." - Pittsburgh

;)

"We've got Jordan Sta... ... ... We've got a Sutter" - Pittsburgh

Posted Image

#351 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

"We've got Jordan Sta... ... ... We've got a Sutter" - Pittsburgh

"This James Neal guy is pretty good too." - Pittsburgh

#352 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

I hate it when people just say something, even if it is just an opinion, without giving any sort of explanation or evidence. If you are in the process of typing something, add a sentence explaining why you think that way.

My opinion is well known by any who haunt these boards .. some berate me for harping on the fact that Doana is a cheap-shot coward .. over rated and soon to be over paid .. some folks here pee their pants when I keep berating the Prima Doana .. frack em all, says I ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#353 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

Its either:

Hopefully number 4.

Let's correct this:

- "Eventhough the NHL is lending me 20 million to buy the team I cannot guarantee you a contract because I'll still be losing 30 million a year" ~ Phoenix

- "We'll offer you more than anyone to play with us but your kids might get kidnapped or murdered". ~ Buffalo

- "We have a good shot of winning, but we can only offer you two years but Manhattan is the best city in earth and your wife will be able to shop on 5th avenue for anything she wants while you live and play in SoHo". ~ NY Rangers

- "We'll offer you 4 years, playing time with the Sedins, closest to home and have a great shot at winning a Cup and if you're part of the team, we might be able to create a dynasty". ~ Vancouver

Edited by Sensemaker, 27 August 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#354 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,581 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Let's correct this:

- "Eventhough the NHL is lending me 20 million to buy the team I cannot guarantee you a contract because I'll still be losing 30 million a year" ~ Phoenix

- "We'll offer you more than anyone to play with us but your kids might get kidnapped or murdered". ~ Buffalo

- "We have a good shot of winning, but we can only offer you two years but Manhattan is the best city in earth and your wife will be able to shop on 5th avenue for anything she wants while you live and play in SoHo". ~ NY Rangers

- "We'll offer you 4 years, playing time with the Sedins, closest to home and have a great shot at winning a Cup and if you're part of the team, we might be able to create a dynasty". ~ Vancouver

I think you're confusing Buffalo with Harlem...
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#355 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

It's well known that a 4 year deal for a player over 35 is just not a good idea. I'd go 3 years max but I'd prefer two.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#356 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I think you're confusing Buffalo with Harlem...

No, there is a reason why it's call "Buffa-hole"

#357 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Kids these days will die before their parents, with all the facts there for them to learn about health, but yet they still eat McDonalds everyday and will die at 30, while listening to, quite possibly, the most contrived, cookie cutter music ever recorded.

Prove me wrong, kids!

I wish I lived in the 70's, without Facebook, with good music and drugs.

:-D

...and oh yeah, sign Doan!!

Edited by BenDrinkin, 28 August 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#358 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Kids these days will die before their parents, with all the facts there for them to learn about health, but yet they still eat McDonalds everyday and will die at 30, while listening to, quite possibly, the most contrived, cookie cutter music ever recorded.

Prove me wrong, kids!

I wish I lived in the 70's, without Facebook, with good music and drugs.

:-D

...and oh yeah, sign Doan!!

Well there's a generalization if I've ever heard one!

First of all, life expectancy has been going up since the 70's not down. And from what I can tell, there's more focus on health and nutrition in food advertisements then there has ever been. Remember when things like smoking, asbestos, pesticides, and aerosol cans weren't harmful?

Kids eating McDonald's every day is a product of poor parenting. There will always be fat unhealthy people.

Oh and FYI, pop music has always been cookie cutter. The Beatles in their early days invented cookie cutter music in case you didn't know. Just avoid listening to "today's top music" stations and you'll be fine.

Good music still exists if you look around enough, and no one is forcing anyone to go on facebook. And last time I checked the drugs are still there.

Life is what you make of it. Oh, and sign Doan.

Edited by D-Bo7, 28 August 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#359 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

18 days left you guys, until something happens.

Oh and also - I know giving a 35+ aged player a 4 year deal would be bad, but there are a few examples where its been okay.

Alfredsson, Selanne & Brodeur off the top of my head.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#360 Luongo

Luongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Is there any proof that Vancouver is offering 4 years, because I frankly want no part in that. If I had to, I would still only offer 3 years, with a discount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.