The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

This will all end in tears. Once more MG will be left holding his dick in his hands and yet another "must have" will have slipped through our fingers.

Personally I'm not bothered, other than the amount of time we seem to have spent on it.

If I was the GM of an elite team like the Canucks I would ask the player/ his agent what he wanted. I would then make an offer and leave it open for 10 days or so.

If the guy is serious he would then try to negotiate at the table and if no agreement was reached ...........fine we walk away and look at someone else.

That way you get a reputation for being decisive AND fair. At present we look like desperate felines who can be messed about without limit.

Is Doan THE ONLY guy who we think will fit our requirements...........surly not.

Like Sammy I would rather take a good player for 1/2 years and then look at who is available then. So let's get Arnott now and press on with some trades.

This will all end in tears. Once more MG will be left holding his dick in his hands and yet another "must have" will have slipped through our fingers.

Personally I'm not bothered, other than the amount of time we seem to have spent on it.

If I was the GM of an elite team like the Canucks I would ask the player/ his agent what he wanted. I would then make an offer and leave it open for 10 days or so.

If the guy is serious he would then try to negotiate at the table and if no agreement was reached ...........fine we walk away and look at someone else.

That way you get a reputation for being decisive AND fair. At present we look like desperate felines who can be messed about without limit.

Is Doan THE ONLY guy who we think will fit our requirements...........surly not.

Like Sammy I would rather take a good player for 1/2 years and then look at who is available then. So let's get Arnott now and press on with some trades.

Am I the only one who finds this whole thing ridiculous.

It's almost as if he is using us to get the deal he wants at Phoenix. This has all the hallmarks of a Messier mindfeck to me.

If he wants to come here, fine give him a a window to get it done.

If not, why are we wasting so much time on the guy............it's not like he is some young stud or some balding genius who is coming here for nothing.

The longer this carries on the more desperate WE look. Lets look at players who actually DESIRE to play here.

Archived