1062 replies to this topic

#691 samirjaver

samirjaver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

As per Elliotte Friedman's twitter, all contracts to be signed before expiration of CBA must be filed and approved by 2PM PST tomorrow (Friday)... so in other words... 16 hours and counting for Doan to sign, along with Burrows and Edler.
Posted Image

#692 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

As per Elliotte Friedman's twitter, all contracts to be signed before expiration of CBA must be filed and approved by 2PM PST tomorrow (Friday)... so in other words... 16 hours and counting for Doan to sign, along with Burrows and Edler.

Tomorrow has potential to be an eventful (and nerve-racking) day.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#693 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Is it just me? or does it seem like the city is dragging their heals negotiating so the deal isn't done in time, leading to Doan not signing there, giving them better bargaining with the league due to no real big ticket names (and maybe force a move?)

It reeks of consipacy I tell you!!!!
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#694 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

I would be ecstatic if Doan chose to sign here, but what good would it be if we can't get the boneheads in the NHL and NHLPA to stop acting like babies???
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#695 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

John Gambadoro@Gambo620

It is down two - Phoenix and Vancouver. Coyotes Captain Shane Doan will sign a contract deciding where he will play by 5 pm NY time Friday

Because many of you are asking the answer is that all other teams Philly, NY, Pitt, Buffalo, LA, San Jose are out. It's Phx or Vancouver

Wowsa.

EDIT:
John Gambadoro@Gambo620

Glendale is looking to rework the lease agreement deal that was agreed to and that hangup is causing a delay in the purchase

Edited by RunningWild, 13 September 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#696 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
It is down two - Phoenix and Vancouver. Coyotes Captain Shane Doan will sign a contract deciding where he will play by 5 pm NY time Friday

Crap. I'll still be in school at 2 :(
Posted Image

#697 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,971 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

A lot could go down between now and the 15th contract-wise. Any team and/or player wishing to sign a long(er) term deal will probably want to get it done before the current CBA expires because there's no telling what the longest term allowed will be under the new CBA

The Phoenix situation is not permanent and there is still a lot of instability. If Doan is making a decision prior to the expiry of the current CBA wouldn't that imply that he's picking Van? How long a deal could he really sign in Phx if there's no real visibility of how long they'll be there.

Fingers crossed folks!
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#698 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,822 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

Indefinite lockout <_<
Resolution to the Doan situation with a possibly happy ending :bigblush:

4VbTWQO.gif[/url]

#699 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

Sitting at my computer pressing refresh.

Day well spent :)

Posted Image

#700 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,203 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Doan will sign with Vancouver tomorrow.

#701 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

The board Nazis are saying this is the only spot you can discuss this topic..... Must be running short on server space...

Edited by afesposit, 13 September 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#702 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Excited for tomorrow, especially if it's true that it's really been narrowed down to Vancouver and Phoenix.. I don't see them finalizing a deal by tomorrow. :) I really hope we have some good news!

#703 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

I got my Yotes season tickets in the mail yesterday.. I hope they aren't going in the shredder....

#704 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

http://www.azcentral...y.html#comments

Leader to the end!

#705 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

the best news ever would be Doan signed with Vancouver with Edler and Burrows resigned to a new contract!

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#706 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

If Doaner leaves, does that mean my $18 per seat season ticket will drop down to $12?

#707 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hoping Shane puts his name on the back of a Canadian jersey for the 9th time tomorrow (after Winnipeg and 7x with the national team!)

Also glad that Philly, NY, Pitt, Buffalo, LA, San Jose are all out; Sedins with Doan would be sick (when it happens)!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#708 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

I guess that's that. Doan to Vancouver. Weird feeling, seeing one of these drawn out sagas come out to a nice end.

#709 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

There is no way we're signing him tomorrow. IMPOSSIBLE.

Posted Image

#710 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

There is no way we're signing him tomorrow. IMPOSSIBLE.

------

You're probably correct....

#711 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Okay you can stick to following people who guess opposed to actual sources... I can guess too

A Source has just recently told me that the Vancouver Canucks will sign Shane Doan tomorrow if Jamison doesn't secure deal. Exhale British Columbia

Go ahead and follow my twitter, if I get this it must mean I'm credible, right?

I will also predict that if there is an NHL season next year, it will be won by a western team.
The TSX will go up tomorrow
and if I flip this coin it will land on heads.

He also said we'd get Schultz, and that Lu would be traded to Fla already... Go and read his articles, they are all common sense stuff we already know. What a joke

Your argument is ridiculous, that is very general stuff and your attempt at being a smartass just shows how close minded and immature you are. I'm just giving credit where it's due because he gets A LOT of stuff right, and not just the general crap you're spewing out, he has called lengths of contract, exact dollar amounts, etc MANY times. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of how he conducts himself, very dramatic and stand-off-ish, but his rumors have come true in many instances where credible sources hadnt even mentioned it. At the very least the rumors provide us something to talk about and sparks conversation, so to attack someone for posting something from him is dumb.

I wasn't a fan of his either and always was very skeptic, but when he called the entire Shea Weber saga to a tee before anybody else, every bit of it, I started paying more attention to him, and since then I've seen him call many trades and signings, including the Nash blockbuster.

Edited by RonnieColeman, 13 September 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#712 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I guess that's that. Doan to Vancouver. Weird feeling, seeing one of these drawn out sagas come out to a nice end.

Time to play Advocate for abit, I wouldn't get my hopes up until he's signed because after all it's still a 50/50 chance of him going either back to Glendale or coming here. Would be great if he came here, but we all know how the situation with a certain Mr. Schultz transpired over the summer (just sayin').

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#713 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Anyone else think that Doan will just wait for a new CBA just to sign with PHX? It certainly feels that way.
Posted ImagePosted Image
---------------------------------------------------

#714 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Is it true he will sign tomorrow 5pm NY time with either Phoenix or us?

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#715 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Anyone else think that Doan will just wait for a new CBA just to sign with PHX? It certainly feels that way.

I'm honestly getting that feeling too. I'd cry tears of joy if we got Doan but that is something I could see Shane doing.
Posted Image

#716 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

../images/logohead100.gif ../images/messier4.jpg Canucks sign Messier
The Vancouver Canucks won the bidding war for Mark Messier on Monday, when the 36-year old ex-New York Ranger signed a three-year contract with the team, reportedly worth $20 million.
The deal is also said to include an incentive package that could increase the overall value of the contract.
The big question is will Messier be able to jump start the underachieving Canucks with his legendary leadership skills. Vancouver missed the playoffs last season despite having one of the NHL's highest payroll which includes such star players as Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny and Trevor Linden.

....................... :frantic: .......................
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#717 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

If you guys pay any attention to him without having this "let's hate hockey insiderr" bandwagon, bias and group mentality, you'd see he actually does get a lot of stuff right. Whether he's just guessing, has a crystal ball or actually has inside sources, his credibility is definitely growing, the guy has released signing and trades long before they've occurred and backs it up by showing his original tweets from weeks before. He does sound like a dramatic Dbag on twitter sometimes, but his stuff is pretty legit, just seems like people are hating on him cause it's the popular thing to do.

Exactly!!! Ive followed him for a while and he actually does get A LOT of stuff correct and before everyone else. Is he right 100% ? Nope, but NO ONE is. I'm not telling anyone to believe his stuff or not to, that's their decision. But my opinion is, he knows his stuff and just because he's not polite and not licking everyone's asses, he's an easy target for people to hate without even looking at all the stories he broke, and broke first

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#718 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Your argument is ridiculous, that is very general stuff and your attempt at being a smartass just shows how close minded and immature you are. I'm just giving credit where it's due because he gets A LOT of stuff right, and not just the general crap you're spewing out, he has called lengths of contract, exact dollar amounts, etc MANY times. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of how he conducts himself, very dramatic and stand-off-ish, but his rumors have come true in many instances where credible sources hadnt even mentioned it. At the very least the rumors provide us something to talk about and sparks conversation, so to attack someone for posting something from him is dumb.

I wasn't a fan of his either and always was very skeptic, but when he called the entire Shea Weber saga to a tee before anybody else, every bit of it, I started paying more attention to him, and since then I've seen him call many trades and signings, including the Nash blockbuster.

My argument isn't ridiculous, it just seems that way because I'm mocking you. This kid sits there, write's the most general spew that's already been all over the news and calls it "Breaking News" where in reality its just a summary of recent events. He then makes predictions which are always wrong, but when he lands one, suckers people like you into thinking he's credible.

Take this article for example http://www.insiderru...-doan-and-more/

"My sources maintain Shane Doan’s verbal agreement with Coyotes remains in place for a 4 year $21.5M deal. However, this is if and only if the Coyotes sale to Jamison’s group is officially approved before the CBA expiry date on September 15.

In case the sale does not go through according to plan, Doan’s agent has advised the Canucks his client would like to accept Vancouver’s 4 year offer. My source advised me this offer is for $24M total. My source confirmed that the Canucks offer is still very much on the table. If by Friday night the sale to Jamison’s group is not confirmed, expect Doan to give the Canucks a call according to my source"

This apparently is a MAJOR update... We already know ALL of this beside the exact dollar amount, we already know that Vancouver has a great chance at landing him, we already know the term is 4 years...

Tomorrow if Doan signs with Canucks you're going to boast "See! I told you he's right all the time" Where he is just making guesses on the most likely scenario.

Its a damn game to build web traffic to his site.
you're a fool to believe it.

end of story.

Edited by Neufy161, 13 September 2012 - 11:21 PM.

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#719 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

DP

Edited by Neufy161, 13 September 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#720 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

yote for life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.