The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] The Doan Meta-Thread v2.0

i have had a gut feeling doan would sign with van because im from kamloops and i dont think the economics make sense for the phx coyotes sale and i didnt think it would be possible to figure this out before the cba because they haven't figured anything out for a long time so time will tell, but lets see if doan really actually does live and die by his quote of signing somewhere else

If you guys pay any attention to him without having this "let's hate hockey insiderr" bandwagon, bias and group mentality, you'd see he actually does get a lot of stuff right. Whether he's just guessing, has a crystal ball or actually has inside sources, his credibility is definitely growing, the guy has released signing and trades long before they've occurred and backs it up by showing his original tweets from weeks before. He does sound like a dramatic Dbag on twitter sometimes, but his stuff is pretty legit, just seems like people are hating on him cause it's the popular thing to do.

Is it just me? or does it seem like the city is dragging their heals negotiating so the deal isn't done in time, leading to Doan not signing there, giving them better bargaining with the league due to no real big ticket names (and maybe force a move?)

It reeks of consipacy I tell you!!!!

A lot could go down between now and the 15th contract-wise. Any team and/or player wishing to sign a long(er) term deal will probably want to get it done before the current CBA expires because there's no telling what the longest term allowed will be under the new CBA

The Phoenix situation is not permanent and there is still a lot of instability. If Doan is making a decision prior to the expiry of the current CBA wouldn't that imply that he's picking Van? How long a deal could he really sign in Phx if there's no real visibility of how long they'll be there.

Fingers crossed folks!

Archived