Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Humble Rodent

Could Use Some Mac Help

6 posts in this topic

So whenever I scroll toward the edge of the page, it goes farther than the page and shows all this grey stuff, I feel like I'm using an iPod touch or something like that. If anyone can tell how to disable it, or even give some sort of google-able term to describe it, that would be much appreciated!

So whenever I scroll toward the edge of the page, it goes farther than the page and shows all this grey stuff, I feel like I'm using an iPod touch or something like that. If anyone can tell how to disable it, or even give some sort of google-able term to describe it, that would be much appreciated!

Ah thanks. Turns out one of those applications is Chrome, so looks like its back to Firefox for me.

it is apples "elastic" scrolling feature they added in OSx Lion and now in Mountain Lion

http://osxdaily.com/...ng-in-mac-os-x/

As said in the article, it will not 100% work for all applications but should for most.

I love macs, but I am not a fan of what Apple has been doing lately with its Mac OSx operating system. I feel its becoming dumbed down....ie...now look at Windows 8.

Try going into terminal and typing this command,

defaults write -g NSScrollViewRubberbanding -bool false

Then restart your computer.