The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NHL 13] Complete Team Overalls (Warning: Image Heavy)

n00bxQb

"The overall is a value given to a player for his overall skill in a player’s given position."

EA is telling me Matt Carle has the same skill level as Erik Karlsson. Are people still trying to defend EA because I'm just using what their own criteria to make my statement.

"The overall is a value given to a player for his overall skill in a player’s given position."

EA is telling me Matt Carle has the same skill level as Erik Karlsson. Are people still trying to defend EA because I'm just using what their own criteria to make my statement.

Hammer was 82 and Edler was 83 in nhl 12 i think.

After reading the article about how the players are rated i understand it better now and appreciate it. It will create a larger disparity amongst players and allow for stars to be stars and plugs to be plugs.

Some ratings are off still but for the most part everything seems to make sense now.

If you want a good idea of the disparity between players, do the HUT tournament a few times. There's basically every hierarchy of players to play against, and your own team tends to have 2 lines of stars, a line of grinders and a line of prospects. There's a world of difference, and it doesn't mean the worse players are bad, perse, just that they are clearly a bit behind in areas. I got stuck with 4th line prospects against LAs top line and they pinned me down in the zone for a solid 2 'real' minutes.

Stupid statement.

Take away Hamhuis' defensive game he would probably have trouble making the NHL. You see how dumb that sounds? Matt Carle is not better defensively, and significantly worse offensively. The Norris winner, you know, the best defenseman of the year award? Karlsson's offensive game is a rare talent and deserves to be at least 88 overall, if not more. Ratings are a joke and you just have to accept that.

Karlsson can't play D. His game is all offence,and it hurts his overall, which I don't see why you care because 2 overalls isn't going to be a game changer for you.

The reason why Keith, Weber, Chara and others are higher because they have a much better defensive game while having almost just as good of an offensive game as Karlsson, thus the much higher overalls.

Stop your whining, if the overalls are pissing you off, don't buy the game, its really not hard, you save $60.

Archived