The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Healthy Higgins vs. Healthy Raymond

Junkyard Dog

Healthy Higgins Vs. Healthy Raymond  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The clear answer is Raymond, IMO.

Higgins is a floater. He's been inconsistent throughout his career. Awful in Calgary, awful in New York, not particularly good in Florida. I was not happy when he was acquired, though I will concede that he's been a pleasant surprise, thought that's probably more related to how low my expectations were, to be honest.

If I'm starting a team, I'm picking Mason Raymond without any difficulty.

The fact that you can't see he brings nothing to the table shows you know absolutely nothing

1. Since he arrived he has always played on the periphery, never gone to the net, hard spots to score, his one good year was more a benefit of playing with Kesler than him being the 'man'

2. He falls down religiously, can't stay on his skates

3. Weighs about as much as a 12 yr old girl, partially the cause of number 2

4. Skates really well but when its time to do something with the puck, either falls down, loses it, or shoots it at the goalies chest

5. Gets knocked off the puck very easily because of his size

6. Can't play along the boards (same issue as 5)

7. Great at circling in tight spaces but who cares if you can't get to the net

8. Disappears in the playoffs (again size), look at his playoff stats prior to his back injury

9. Scared to go to the hard spots on the ice where most goals are scored

10. Now, having broken his back #9 will be worse

So tell me what exactly does he add? Case closed.

Raymond easily. he's a better player when he's at his best (09-10)

He can be a legit top 6 forward on any team, something Higgins isn't unfortunately.

It just sucks Raymond became so bad because I was a huge fan and he was a really ood player for us.

Two years? Umm one?

And by the way, he had one good season, not to mention he's fallen down every season he's been here, flea can't stay on his skates.

He isn't what this team needs and the only reason MG kept him is so that he can boost his trade value in the early part of the year and move him. MG is not silly enough to let him go for nothing.

As for not noticing Higgins, well that statement combined with Raymond "lights you up", tells me you know little about hockey.

1. Higgins is one of the most consistent players on the team. He hits, checks, can score and plays with grit and determination. If you understand hockey, he does all the 'little things' teams need to win. You may not get out of your seat but he is doing alot of the hard work that people who never played hockey competitively don't understand.

2. Raymond, lights you up? Why because he skates real fast, goes around the net, and falls down? That's pretty much what the guy does. Great puck speed until he has to do something with the puck, then he either falls down, loses it or keeps circling doing nothing. I guess that's good hockey to you.

The guy is useless, time to move him.

The fact that you can't see he brings nothing to the table shows you know absolutely nothing

1. Since he arrived he has always played on the periphery, never gone to the net, hard spots to score, his one good year was more a benefit of playing with Kesler than him being the 'man'

2. He falls down religiously, can't stay on his skates

3. Weighs about as much as a 12 yr old girl, partially the cause of number 2

4. Skates really well but when its time to do something with the puck, either falls down, loses it, or shoots it at the goalies chest

5. Gets knocked off the puck very easily because of his size

6. Can't play along the boards (same issue as 5)

7. Great at circling in tight spaces but who cares if you can't get to the net

8. Disappears in the playoffs (again size), look at his playoff stats prior to his back injury

9. Scared to go to the hard spots on the ice where most goals are scored

10. Now, having broken his back #9 will be worse

So tell me what exactly does he add? Case closed.

Archived