The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Healthy Higgins vs. Healthy Raymond

Junkyard Dog

Healthy Higgins Vs. Healthy Raymond  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Higgy..but it was a lot closer then I would care to admit...Raymond had killer speed and hands like rocks...but you CAN teach and eventually he would have improved his finish....now he is just trying to get his speed back

Well....really haven't seen enough of each.....is Raymond's ""year" a flash in the pan?

Higgy I dunno hasn't been here that long....

All I've seen so far and this is significant; is Higgins has only made every line he had played on a better line.

Unfortunately it's the complete opposite with mayray.

I chose Raymond just so I could be the one person who chose him, BUT I WASN'T! 8 other people actually chose Raymond!? I can't believe it.

So just for the record, Higgins by far... I don't even need to explain why because I think it's obvious, but I guess not since some people actually chose Raymond :picard:

I chose Raymond just so I could be the one person who chose him, BUT I WASN'T! 8 other people actually chose Raymond!? I can't believe it.

So just for the record, Higgins by far... I don't even need to explain why because I think it's obvious, but I guess not since some people actually chose Raymond :picard:

A lot of people choose to forget Higgy had 3 20+ goal seasons when he played for Montreal.

So are we comparing both of them at the peak of their careers so far? Or are we comparing them right now?

Raymond obviously brings more speed, an underrated defensive game, and great backchecking ability that often goes un-noticed.

Higgins is grittier, is much better at battling along the boards and in the corners, and can be more physical. He also can slot up and down the lineup and be effective.

If you look at the past, Higgins has produced goals at the NHL level more consistently than Raymond has (3 20+ goal seasons in a row for Higgins), and in a single season also scored more goals (27 vs. 25).

In their current form, Higgins is the more versatile and effective forward. Does Raymond have more upside? After his 25-goal season, he probably had a higher ceiling, offensively, but injuries have derailed his progress. Raymond needs to find his confidence again, and take the puck to the net with more authority. Him being a perimeter player (probably attributable to his injuries) is what's killing his production.

So, the question is prime Higgins vs. prime Raymond?

Current Higgins vs. current Raymond?

Statistically Higgins wins in both matchups so far.

The funny thing is Raymond plays his best hockey after coming off an injury. At least for a solid 5 games or so. Seems like he does something different when coming back and he plays much better. Uses his speed well, has vision, and goes to the tough areas. Completely opposite on any other day though.

A lot of people choose to forget Higgy had 3 20+ goal seasons when he played for Montreal.

So are we comparing both of them at the peak of their careers so far? Or are we comparing them right now?

Raymond obviously brings more speed, an underrated defensive game, and great backchecking ability that often goes un-noticed.

Higgins is grittier, is much better at battling along the boards and in the corners, and can be more physical. He also can slot up and down the lineup and be effective.

If you look at the past, Higgins has produced goals at the NHL level more consistently than Raymond has (3 20+ goal seasons in a row for Higgins), and in a single season also scored more goals (27 vs. 25).

In their current form, Higgins is the more versatile and effective forward. Does Raymond have more upside? After his 25-goal season, he probably had a higher ceiling, offensively, but injuries have derailed his progress. Raymond needs to find his confidence again, and take the puck to the net with more authority. Him being a perimeter player (probably attributable to his injuries) is what's killing his production.

So, the question is prime Higgins vs. prime Raymond?

Current Higgins vs. current Raymond?

Statistically Higgins wins in both matchups so far.

Archived