The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is is the end of Canucks dream? Has Betman ruined our team

nitti999

First off the guy who created this thread doesn't even know how to make an understandable title.

I now have a question:

I understand that the player's salary will be rolled back but do the players still make the money that they signed for or make the amount of the new salary cap hit??

Also what if the cap goes up? Do the player's salaries that were signed for mega deals such as (Suter, Parise,Weber Crosby's) salaries go back up? Because if they don't the GM's that signed them just got saved.

the fans should be demanding a ticket price/merchandise/tv access rollback relative to the rollback on the salary cap - or we lock ourselves out.

as for the owners, your agents, the GMs have entered into these contracts on your behalf - instead of turning around and reneging, they should have been exercising the caution that businesses must when making decisions about spending. The fact that you now intend to lockout players because your GMs got out of hand is a huge contradiction, and fail, imo.

p.s. small market US franchise Minnesota just made a mockery of the owners position doing what they did on the UFA market - signing two guys to 26 years and 200ish million.

It is the owner's franchise and investment risk-lock,stock and barrel.

The GM's report directly to the owners and anything they do with their owners money they are accountable for.

Every big money deal must meet owner's approval-it is their dough,not the GM's.

It is the owner's franchise and investment risk-lock,stock and barrel.

The GM's report directly to the owners and anything they do with their owners money they are accountable for.

Every big money deal must meet owner's approval-it is their dough,not the GM's.

So you preferred watching the Wings and Avs duke it out year after year for most of a decade? That's the problem with no cap. The teams willing to overspend are the ones competing year after year while the teams with a budget develop players for them. Might as well go back to a six team league and be done with it.

Well, that was great hockey now wasn't it.

BTW, the AV's (Nordiques) got to where they were thru great trades and the Wings are just a solid organization that competes nearly every year. Salaries weren't the issue in either case.

Are you telling me, as a fan, you wouldn't want to pay to see teams in a league where all the best players played or you'd much rather shell out hundreds of dollars to watch a team like the Blue Jackets? Sounds to me like you didn't put much thought into your comment either.

I'm sure it's been pointed out already but it still needs to be driven home for some members here again and again.

Gary Bettman works for a guy named Francesco Aquillini, the majority owner of the Canucks. Aquillini directs Bettman along with other owners. Bettman being a worm isn't the debate here.

Archived