The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I would have tried to give him something like 2 years for $40 mil. Give him a chance to prove he deserves the long deal, but still give him the cash he wants because I think he has the potential to be able to live up to a contract like that, but he needs to become a better decision maker for the extra years.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else on this board an Eagles fan?

Chip kelly is the biggest. I've been a fan since I got into football. (Mid McNabb era) think there might be 1 more fan I think

Right here buds!! I'm sure there is more than a couple hiding out in the weeds. :towel::bigblush:

That Kaepernick deal is crazy!!!! What is Russel Wilson gonna get next off-season? Will he demand anything close or take less being the team guy he is?

Wow no more excuses for Kaepernick time is now to finally clutch up and get a Superbowl. He has his offensive weapons with Crabtree,Boldin, Gore, Davis, and Stevie Johnson.

He needs to take the next step and becoming better as a pocket passer with improved touch and accuracy on his passes along with better decision making.

The d is still good. If everyone is healthy they are good enough to beat Seattle with improved decision making from Kaepernick with all the weapons around him now.

It's total Super Bowl or bust for them along with Denver, Seattle, New Orleans, New England and Green Bay.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Right here buds!! I'm sure there is more than a couple hiding out in the weeds. :towel::bigblush:

That Kaepernick deal is crazy!!!! What is Russel Wilson gonna get next off-season? Will he demand anything close or take less being the team guy he is?

Wow no more excuses for Kaepernick time is now to finally clutch up and get a Superbowl. He has his offensive weapons with Crabtree,Boldin, Gore, Davis, and Stevie Johnson.

He needs to take the next step and becoming better as a pocket passer with improved touch and accuracy on his passes along with better decision making.

The d is still good. If everyone is healthy they are good enough to beat Seattle with improved decision making from Kaepernick with all the weapons around him now.

It's total Super Bowl or bust for them along with Denver, Seattle, New Orleans, New England and Green Bay.

New England has had enough super bowls! It's Phillies turn. NE is by far my least favourite team in football but I dont really have a passionate hate for any team though. If they win it's whatever but I'd just rather any other team win. Maybe not Pittsburgh though.

Yeah I saw the Kaepernick deal and for that money he better develop his pocket passing game. Absolutely insane! Although for Wilson I have no idea. I don't know a whole lot about the NFL outside of Philly so I'm not really good at putting values to players lol but I'd hope he wouldn't handicap the team financially. The contracts handed out in that sport are crazy. But the team is extremely solid so locking up the core players is a must. I dont even have a 2nd team. For me it's Eagles or bust. I'm just an extremely casual fan but I loved the Eagles almost my whole life. When I was young I won a signed Eagles football from an auction and I've cheered for them ever since. 14+ years now lol.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul
  • Upvote 2

^pretty cool to here and yea, they'll have a great chance with Foles as the franchise QB moving forward. They never had a chance with Vick tbh.

And for some Pats news, man is Revis bringing it! So much hype and been living up to it so far. All the reports are coming out positive and players are all praising him for how well he is.

Via NFL.com

Brandon LaFell on Revis: "Man, Revis is… he's a guy who has seen it all. None of your tricks are going to work on him."

No NFL player is more competitive, more intense or more prepared than Revis. He takes it as an insult if his practice opponent is not properly preparing him for each game.

It's easy to forget just how dominant Revis was before tearing his ACL in 2012. It can be argued that no cornerback ever played the position at a higher level than Revis did from 2009 through 2011.

The early indications out of New England suggest he might be close to recapturing that pre-injury form.

^pretty cool to here and yea, they'll have a great chance with Foles as the franchise QB moving forward. They never had a chance with Vick tbh.

And for some Pats news, man is Revis bringing it! So much hype and been living up to it so far. All the reports are coming out positive and players are all praising him for how well he is.

Via NFL.com

Yea as a Giants fan we were disappointed when Reid and Vick fell out of power. They would beat us, badly sometimes, but you knew they would always choke down the stretch. So by merely getting rid of them your chances have improved not to mention DJax as well. Haven't seen enough of Foles to comment to much but not to worried as of yet.

New England has had enough super bowls! It's Phillies turn. NE is by far my least favourite team in football but I dont really have a passionate hate for any team though. If they win it's whatever but I'd just rather any other team win. Maybe not Pittsburgh though.

Yeah I saw the Kaepernick deal and for that money he better develop his pocket passing game. Absolutely insane! Although for Wilson I have no idea. I don't know a whole lot about the NFL outside of Philly so I'm not really good at putting values to players lol but I'd hope he wouldn't handicap the team financially. The contracts handed out in that sport are crazy. But the team is extremely solid so locking up the core players is a must. I dont even have a 2nd team. For me it's Eagles or bust. I'm just an extremely casual fan but I loved the Eagles almost my whole life. When I was young I won a signed Eagles football from an auction and I've cheered for them ever since. 14+ years now lol.

That's awesome man!!! :towel:

Yes the Eagles are heading in the right direction but they are not close to being able to consistently beat the elite teams yet. The Eagles play the Seahawks this year on the schedule so it will be a great test to see if the offence can go head to head with the best d in the league and still produce at a good clip.

Foles seems to have the poise and understands he doesn't have to be play maker on his own. He simply needs to be a facilitator where at times I thought Vick still had the mentality of being a play-maker and wanting to make plays that weren't there whether he was forcing throws or running at times that weren't necessary yet.

Foles also doesn't mind taking a sack if it prevents a turnover which is something that just wasn't in Vicks' dna whatsoever. He always went with the flashy play over the safe play.

Not to mention he never learned to slide and make good decisions on when to run or get down or out of bounds to avoid a big hit.

I think the d will be improved over last year. They seemed to get better in the latter half of last year and the whole d should improve if they can get a more consistent pass rush to help out the secondary and a d-line that helps plug holes against the other team in the run game.

My only concern for the offence is who will step up if Maclin gets banged up again for an extended period of time, as he is known to being injury prone in the past.

It would be a scary thought to have Riley Cooper as a #1 receiver if Maclin went down and having to rely on 2 rookies in Matthews and Huff. :picard:

Also, despite the addition of Darren Sproles there is not much depth in the backfield after trading away Bryce Brown behind McCoy. They have Chris Polk who is a good short yardage 3rd down back type but he is injury prone too unfortunately.

At this point Sproles is a gadget type player who is going to be used on returns and different formations and special sets to get him in space with room to operate and not fully as a true consistent change of pace back who gets 8-10 carries a game in a committee to keep the lead back fresh (McCoy)

The Eagles lack a big power back inside the tackles runner to compliment McCoy and Sproles who are both elusive and best in the open field and space where they can make guys miss.

Other than that if the team can stay relatively healthy like last year and Foles is any bit as good as he was down the stretch last year, then I still believe this team can win the NFC East even with the Redskins and the Giants improving and closing the gap while Dallas will probably still be in the mix as well.

The Eagles might not be the odds on favorites to dominate the division anymore this year with other rival teams improving but the division goes down to the wire pretty much every year anyway so that doesn't really matter.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Foles honesty reminds of Brady a lot. Don't know why, when I see him, I see poise, confidence, ability to stay in the pocket, move around when it's collapsing, take the hit and make a play. You can't teach that, it's just sense which you have or don't and Foles has it. Rare quality in a QB and I'm a big fan of his. Also like you said CK, he'll take a sack to prevent a turnover or won't throw the ball blindly just to get it out his hands which Brady is known for doing too.

Idk, just had a great feel about him. Said 2 years ago too when Vick came back and his value was sky high with his few performances, Philly should've traded him while they had a chance to get some solid value in return and let Foles be the QB of the future. Told a few people and they thought I was crazy at the time...I had the last laugh though like I usually do B)

Foles honesty reminds of Brady a lot. Don't know why, when I see him, I see poise, confidence, ability to stay in the pocket, move around when it's collapsing, take the hit and make a play. You can't teach that, it's just sense which you have or don't and Foles has it. Rare quality in a QB and I'm a big fan of his. Also like you said CK, he'll take a sack to prevent a turnover or won't throw the ball blindly just to get it out his hands which Brady is known for doing too.

Idk, just had a great feel about him. Said 2 years ago too when Vick came back and his value was sky high with his few performances, Philly should've traded him while they had a chance to get some solid value in return and let Foles be the QB of the future. Told a few people and they thought I was crazy at the time...I had the last laugh though like I usually do B)

Hehe. :P Funny thing was back when Foles was drafted, the Eagles, still led by Andy Reid, were actually really high on Russel Wilson in his draft year and were thinking of taking him instead of Foles if he was still there at their pick in the third round before Seattle jumped on him.

They had Vick already though and they only concern about Wilson they had was about taking another mobile but undersized guy who might not be able to withstand the pounding so they went with Foles who obviously is the prototype big drop back pocket passer.

That 2012 qb draft class is turning out pretty good with Luck, RGIII, Wilson, and now Foles starting to step up. :)

Ugh. I love Kaep, but that is just way too much money for us to be shelling out for a guy who arguably isn't even a top 10 QB yet.

He better step his game up to the elite level.

Fully agree. The man has showed he has sky high potential....... now I wanna see it on a weekly basis. I really hope he steps up his reads and progressions. We know he has the arms and the legs time to see the brain.

Pats sign DT Kevin Williams!! Money signing. Mutually works as he wanted to come to NE saying "look me up" if you want me and Pats badly need help back there. 33 years old and still has some juice.

This might just be the best under the radar signing yet.