The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

This is honestly dumber than some things Make has said in this thread lmao :lol:

Why? You don't think NFL teams and owners don't get special treatment like in the NHL? Pretty naive there.

People acting like the Patriots just scored some victory over the NFL are jokes. Open your eyes. Kraft and Goodell are buddies.

TRR, Apple, shall we go for a round of drinks soon?

It's been 7 long, long months of standing by our guy, defending him, and in some cases, trying to explain basic science.

victory.jpg

Guess we'll finally hear from Mak soon once Ted Wells' his flight from NYC lands here.

Ummm... hellooo?????

I'm down. Cheers to a well deserved and hard fought victory! Can't beat the letter of the law.

:picard:

Yea just pretend it's a conspiracy theory, it's the only argument you have. Keep believing everything that's fed to you though. Deals behind closed doors never get done, nope. :lol:

It's okay, I don't take the average Pats fan around here seriously anyways. They're like Kings fans after 2012.

Yea just pretend it's a conspiracy theory, it's the only argument you have. Keep believing everything that's fed to you though. Deals behind closed doors never get done, nope. :lol:

It's okay, I don't take the average Pats fan around here seriously anyways. They're like Kings fans after 2012.

Or the Patriots fans after 2001, 2003, and 2004.

It's not, you're just being all wacko lol. And no I don't believe everything that's "fed" to me.

...and there was a period before where Kraft made a backdoor deal in dropping his stance on the situation in belief it would be resolved but Goodell screwed him by giving the penalty and suspension...it's crystal clear that the NFL got smoked and there was no scheme involved to "feed" the people lol.

Gonna be funny seeing that bandwagon empty out when Shady and Belicheat have retired.

Bandwagon fans naturally come along with success, and so does hate. The bandwagoners will trickle out but the huge support of the fanbase will still be there. Sure it'll sting like a ***** when BB and Brady leave but it happens with all teams in any sport. It's an inevitable phase.

...there's no point in your post so yea lol. Pats are what every NFL teams they wish they could be.

It's not, you're just being all wacko lol. And no I don't believe everything that's "fed" to me.

...and there was a period before where Kraft made a backdoor deal in dropping his stance on the situation in belief it would be resolved but Goodell screwed him by giving the penalty and suspension...it's crystal clear that the NFL got smoked and there was no scheme involved to "feed" the people lol.

Right. Just like Bettman and the Devils never orchestrated the Kovalchuk contract in order to close the contract loophole. They waited for the dust to settle and then the penalty was revoked.

It's all about the appearance of coming down hard. The NFL didn't lose anything here. They don't wanna suspend Brady, he's one of their best marketing tools. This all just equals more free publicity for the NFL.

And if you think things like this don't happen in sports, you should read up on sports scandals throughout history. Money talks.

Right. Just like Bettman and the Devils never orchestrated the Kovalchuk contract in order to close the contract loophole. They waited for the dust to settle and then the penalty was revoked.

It's all about the appearance of coming down hard. The NFL didn't lose anything here. They don't wanna suspend Brady, he's one of their best marketing tools. This all just equals more free publicity for the NFL.

And if you think things like this don't happen in sports, you should read up on sports scandals throughout history. Money talks.

That's apple to oranges. I think everyone knows that was a job which both sides knew.

Free publicity, yes, it comes with situation. But what look do they get? The shield getting ripped more and more. And clearly they do want to suspend Brady lol. And they lost millions of dollars. Paid Wells and his team over $40m+ for that crap investigation. And going to court, all sides are paying for lawyers and etc including NFL/NFLPA/Brady. $ drives the sport and the league lost a lot of it here since they didn't get what they paid for and ultimately wanted as the end result.

I never said that so don't get why you're trying to put words into my mouth. Next thing you know, you'll be saying the Ray Rice scenario was orchestrated and a plan too. Lol, give me a break. Things happen in real time and it's not all strings being pulled :lol:

That's apple to oranges. I think everyone knows that was a job which both sides knew.

Free publicity, yes, it comes with situation. But what look do they get? The shield getting ripped more and more. And clearly they do want to suspend Brady lol. And they lost millions of dollars. Paid Wells and his team over $40m+ for that crap investigation. And going to court, all sides are paying for lawyers and etc including NFL/NFLPA/Brady. $ drives the sport and the league lost a lot of it here since they didn't get what they paid for and ultimately wanted as the end result.

I never said that so don't get why you're trying to put words into my mouth. Next thing you know, you'll be saying the Ray Rice scenario was orchestrated and a plan too. Lol, give me a break. Things happen in real time and it's not all strings being pulled :lol:

The league is willing to spend that money because they want to misdirect people to the fact that a team cheated on route to winning a championship.

That has a very damaging effect on the integrity of the league and if they simply sat back and didn't do anything, it would look horrible. So they came up with the most severe punishment they could think of, likely knowing it wouldn't stick (because lets face it there was minimal evidence against Brady's involvement).

Now the league looks like it at least tried and just failed, Brady comes off as innocent, and the whole thing is just swept under the rug.

The league is willing to spend that money because they want to misdirect people to the fact that a team cheated on route to winning a championship.

That has a very damaging effect on the integrity of the league and if they simply sat back and didn't do anything, it would look horrible. So they came up with the most severe punishment they could think of, likely knowing it wouldn't stick (because lets face it there was minimal evidence against Brady's involvement).

Now the league looks like it at least tried and just failed, Brady comes off as innocent, and the whole thing is just swept under the rug.

Give me whatever you're smoking.

Most absurd thing I've heard LOL