The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Passer Rating.

Peyton Manning 88

Joe Flaco 116

Similar could be said of Ravens Defense. They let a guy return 2 Punts for TD returns setting an NFL record for longest in history with 90 yards.

The game doesn't end with 2 mins left. That's the most exciting part of the game. That's the NFL. The 2 minute drill is what it's all about in the NFL. Teams practice the 2 min drill like NHL teams practice the PP or PK.

I don't really know how any of that counters what I said. My point was you can't hang the loss on Peyton Manning. He had his team in a very reasonable opportunity to win. The Defence blew it. It's not like they had to defend 2 minutes with 3 timeouts. The only thing Flacco could do was throw it deep down the sidelines, and somehow the Denver left a guy in that very spot open, and then made a horrible play on the ball to let him walk into the endzone.

You put any 2 teams in that situation and 19 times out of 20 the defence makes the stop.

I don't really know how any of that counters what I said. My point was you can't hang the loss on Peyton Manning. He had his team in a very reasonable opportunity to win. The Defence blew it. It's not like they had to defend 2 minutes with 3 timeouts. The only thing Flacco could do was throw it deep down the sidelines, and somehow the Denver left a guy in that very spot open, and then made a horrible play on the ball to let him walk into the endzone.

You put any 2 teams in that situation and 19 times out of 20 the defence makes the stop.

He threw freakin INT in OT that set up the winning FG. He had absolutely NO reason to make that pass running to his left throwing to the middle. That was an enormous mistake on his part.

Do not shoot the messenger .. I know it sucks to lose .. but compare Flaco and Peyton .. compare special teams .. compare defense .. Denver dominates special teams, Ravens control on defense .. Peyton loses badly versus Flaco statistically .. without the special teams Denver is never in this game .. Peyton did not win the day at his position .. period ..

Probability of scoring TD while starting at your 23 yd line with 2 min drill is approx 20%

Not 5% as you falsely claim

Like I said earlier, 2 min offense is practiced like a PP in NHL is. In the NHL last year Canucks led the league with a 19.8 PP rate.

Edited by WHL rocks

How many of Flacco's touchdowns did he have to thread a needle? And how many were just poorly played by the defence?

The answers are 0 and 3.

Broncos have a top 3 Dfense in the NFL. Their Dfense is the reason for winning the Conference.

PTS

(4th)

YDS

(2nd)

PASS YDS

(3rd)

RUSH YDS

(3rd)

Do not shoot the messenger .. I know it sucks to lose .. but compare Flaco and Peyton .. compare special teams .. compare defense .. Denver dominates special teams, Ravens control on defense .. Peyton loses badly versus Flaco statistically .. without the special teams Denver is never in this game .. Peyton did not win the day at his position .. period ..

Thank You.

And? All the more reason that they let the team down. They are expected to make a stop in that situation.

Like I said earlier:

Manning passer rating 88

Flaco passer rating 116

Edited by WHL rocks

Thank You.

Like I said earlier:

Manning passer rating 88

Flaco passer rating 116

And? That furthers my point. The Broncos defence let Joe Flacco torch them. The Ravens D made Manning earn every completion and yard.

I'm getting the feeling you aren't getting my point. It's not that Manning played his best game ever. It's that he played good enough to win, and the defence blew it when they had a reasonably easy task of stopping Flacco from driving 80 yards in 1 minute with no timeouts.

Edited by Champions of Nothing

Being a SeaHawks and Pats fan I would love to see them in the Super Bowl. But this Kapernick is giving me a scare, if the Hawks win tomorrow the next game is going to be very difficult regardless the opponent. Forget about the blowout win agains SF in wk 15