The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

12 hours ago, canuckfan_21 said:

Lions have signed Anquan Boldin.  Even with no Megatron I am really liking the look of the new receiving core now.  Tate, Jones and Boldin with Ebron.  Plus Riddick and Abdullah coming out of the backfield.  A lot of options for defenses to worry about

Eagles had rumored interest as well.

I wonder if the Browns would trade Josh Gordon to the Eagles and if a conditional 3rd round pick would be enough.

Flash Gordon is a (Height-Weight-Speed freak) and could be just as dominant as Martavis Bryant as a tall explosive big play receiver.

He would give the Eagles the #1 WR they have not had since T.O. was around. If I was the Eagles I would for sure do my due dilligence just like the Evander Kane situation and see if this guy could be had for some decent value.

Yeah I think Gordon could definitely be had for the right price for the Browns.  He's now at the point every positive drug test is a year long suspension.  Even though if I was the GM I don't think I'd take the trade because what you would get for him, like you said a conditional mid-round pick, is nowhere near worth it if Gordon ever figures it out

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, canuckfan_21 said:

Lions have signed Anquan Boldin.  Even with no Megatron I am really liking the look of the new receiving core now.  Tate, Jones and Boldin with Ebron.  Plus Riddick and Abdullah coming out of the backfield.  A lot of options for defenses to worry about

No real deep threat. Ebron really needs to step it up for the Lions. 

Haha anyone see that fat Tony Romo pic?  They say the camera adds 10 pounds, no word on how many cameras were on Tony when that pic was taken but it was atleast 4 or 5. 

tony-romo-fat.jpg

Edited by Tre Mac

On 8/2/2016 at 1:21 PM, Tre Mac said:

Haha anyone see that fat Tony Romo pic?  They say the camera adds 10 pounds, no word on how many cameras were on Tony when that pic was taken but it was atleast 4 or 5. 

tony-romo-fat.jpg

His midsection does look like Phil Kessel a bit, but are you sure he isn't wearing some sort of post surgery rehab girdle? It looks like he has his pants hiked up to his pits.

18 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Not saying this because of the TD today - was gonna say this regardless...truly believe if Jamie Collins remains healthy throughout the entirety of the season, he will win DPOY. 

JJ Watt or Khalil Mack.

21 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Not saying this because of the TD today - was gonna say this regardless...truly believe if Jamie Collins remains healthy throughout the entirety of the season, he will win DPOY. 

Well if we're being biased/honest Geno Atkins or Carlos Dunlap when healthy are miles better than Collins. 

2 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

JJ Watt or Khalil Mack.

Don't count Von Miller out either. 

Edited by Pears

On 7/27/2016 at 2:47 AM, Chip Kelly said:

Eagles had rumored interest as well.

I wonder if the Browns would trade Josh Gordon to the Eagles and if a conditional 3rd round pick would be enough.

Flash Gordon is a (Height-Weight-Speed freak) and could be just as dominant as Martavis Bryant as a tall explosive big play receiver.

He would give the Eagles the #1 WR they have not had since T.O. was around. If I was the Eagles I would for sure do my due dilligence just like the Evander Kane situation and see if this guy could be had for some decent value.

Wonder how the NFC east will shake out this year, it was a friggin dog's breakfast for most of last year. Sad for maybe the greatest division in NFL history, loved it when they bulldozed their way to superbowl after superbowl. Was always pulling for the Eagles to get one making it a pure superbowl division.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ice orca said:

Wonder how the NFC east will shake out this year, it was a friggin dog's breakfast for most of last year. Sad for maybe the greatest division in NFL history, loved it when they bulldozed their way to superbowl after superbowl. Was always pulling for the Eagles to get one making it a pure superbowl division.

I got a bad feeling about this year the Eagles best young oline man Lane Johnson is facing a 10 game suspension after 4 games last year for PED use.

Sadly the NFC EAST once a feared and respected division is now known for more flash than actual substance in terms of wins. The Cowboys,Giants,Redskins, and Eagles are all glamour teams with owners who like to make big flashy moves yet the Giants are the only team to have success this last decade.

As much as I hate the Cowboys if Romo and Dez are healthy they will challenge for the division and a playoff birth with the Giants. Both will be 9 win teams if healthy minimum if not more.

I expect the Redskins to take a step back with a tougher schedule and Josh Norman to become an overpaid rich man's Byron Maxwell as he has growing pains adjusting to a new system and different coverage responsibilities early on in the season.

The Eagles though will bring up the rear with the worst group of receivers probably in the NFL right now. Agholor looks like another major USC bust like they all seem to be recently as offensive skill position players.

Not to mention cornerback rb, and wr as well as oline suffer from a lack of depth and are an injury/suspension away from being totally screwed and finishing 6-10.

Honestly I would be shocked if the Eagles got more than 6 wins. Forget the playoffs. The talent simply is not there right now to compete with the best the NFC has to offer.

They need to draft way better and stop wasting money and draft picks on replacement level players.

When they go up to Seattle this year I expect they get blown out by 20 points.

Edited by Chip Kelly

2 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

It's only preseason but Dak Prescott was hella impressive for the Cowgirls today. Dude was really good. 

Demaro Murray and Henry are gonna be a lethal 1-2 combo. Titans just need to get Mariota some actual wrs. 

Tajae Sharpe was really impressing in camp, and had 2 catches for 35 yards in today's game before being evaluated for a concussion. Hopefully not serious.  However DGB has been a disappointment so far. 

Heard Justin Hunter, Andre Johnson and Harry Douglas could all be cut too.