The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Bush league on the guy. 

Who the hell does he think he is? Good on the Chargers for making this public. Will make it aware for other teams the type of big shot this fella thinks he is. Idk what else they can offer him. Seems like a big baby.

You think that's going to motivate him to sign?  It's not like the NHL where you can trade him.  Given what the offer is, it looks like he simply doesn't want to play there.  Refusing to report to the team that drafts you isn't as unusual in the NFL as it is in hockey, especially if the franchise is poorly run.  Now they're burning the bridge even further.

Bosa's not innocent in all of this but the Chargers can't afford to let a top draft pick like that just walk for nothing.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

You think that's going to motivate him to sign?  It's not like the NHL where you can trade him.  Given what the offer is, it looks like he simply doesn't want to play there.  Refusing to report to the team that drafts you isn't as unusual in the NFL as it is in hockey, especially if the franchise is poorly run.  Now they're burning the bridge even further.

Bosa's not innocent in all of this but the Chargers can't afford to let a top draft pick like that just walk for nothing.

Trade him too the Cowboys or Redskins they live talented hotheads.

Eagles are gonna suck major ass this year but like the Canucks they have quite a few extra players around the league still including the Dirty Sanchez.

Broncos qb depth chart is worse than the Eagles for a playoff team who still thinks they are a contender.

Eagles are expected to miss the playoffs so anything better than 6-10 is gravy really.

This is a transitional year. One season to take stock of what the biggest needs are and start to devise a plan to address them for next year via the draft,trade, and free agency.

They need to churn thus old roster out and get some better talent in here if they want to finally win a playoff game.

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

Trade him too the Cowboys or Redskins they live talented hotheads.

Eagles are gonna suck major ass this year but like the Canucks they have quite a few extra players around the league still including the Dirty Sanchez.

Broncos qb depth chart is worse than the Eagles for a playoff team who still thinks they are a contender.

Eagles are expected to miss the playoffs so anything better than 6-10 is gravy really.

This is a transitional year. One season to take stock of what the biggest needs are and start to devise a plan to address them for next year via the draft,trade, and free agency.

They need to churn thus old roster out and get some better talent in here if they want to finally win a playoff game.

Can't trade him it's either sign or re-draft.

Our QB depth isn't much worse than last season.  Lynch is the perfect fit for the Kubiak offense.  It's not the ideal  situation but I trust management to make the right decisions.  As long as all the guys are mature hopefully they'll push each other to be better.

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Our QB depth isn't much worse than last season.  Lynch is the perfect fit for the Kubiak offense.  It's not the ideal  situation but I trust management to make the right decisions.  As long as all the guys are mature hopefully they'll push each other to be better.

Really a raw rookie like Paxton Lynch or whoever is Trevor Simeon really? Sanchez st the very least is a proven backup and mediocre spot starter. I see Broncos taking a step back this yesr with the Raiders and KC coming on strong.

Why not just work out a sign and trade handshake deal and be done with him?

Also why does every team that Urban Meyer coaches in college full of either thugs and idiots.

When he was in Florida he had Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Hernandez plus the Pounce brothers and attention whire Tim Tebow the multi sport athlete and all round perfect human to cleanse their sins.

At Ohio State he coached Bradley Roby,Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones,Ezekiel Elliot and Joey Bosa.

Both teams won championships. Just shows how you need a group of talented but sometimes questionable personalities to win.

I feel like Urban Meyer could be one of the few college coaches to go on and succeed in the NFL.

Edited by Chip Kelly

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Really a raw rookie like Paxton Lynch or whoever is Trevor Simeon really? Sanchez st the very least is a proven backup and mediocre spot starter. I see Broncos taking a step back this yesr with the Raiders and KC coming on strong.

Why not just work out a sign and trade handshake deal and be done with him?

Elway knows what he's doing and what to look for in a QB.  Sanchez doesn't make good decisions with the ball.  As a veteran, this isn't going to improve.  Siemian has impressed the coaching staff with his football iq which is what Manning brought to the table last year.  Not saying he'll be that good but I'm all for giving him a shot.

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I wish nothing but bad things for that d-bag Lynch.  He has that Brad Marchand look to him that just makes you want to knock his teeth out.  He probably is a good guy irl lol.

Raiders filed three trademarks today for "Las Vegas Raiders" according to ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17389320/oakland-raiders-file-trademark-las-vegas-raiders

The Oakland Raiders filed for three trademarks to the phrase "Las Vegas Raiders" this week, perhaps the next step in a move from Oakland to Sin City. The trademarks seek to give the team the exclusive right to use the name for sporting events and to sell the phrase on everything from helmets to swimsuits to earmuffs.

The team did not seek to trademark a logo related to the prospective move.

While the team will likely wind up with the rights to the trademarks, it will take some time. Six filings have sought to trademark the phrase before the Raiders did, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office reviews filings in the order in which they were received. Those who filed -- all six on Jan. 29 and Jan. 30 when owner Mark Davis began his flirtation with moving to the city -- will likely then have to make the case that their filing is unrelated to the team.

On Tuesday, outgoing U.S. Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he would support a new domed football stadium that could bring the team to town. The project, which is backed by the Raiders, Las Vegas Sands Corporation and a real estate agency, would cost an estimated $2 billion, with money from a new visitor's tax also proposed to finance the structure.

After losing out on going to Los Angeles, the Raiders have a one-year lease to play this season at the O.co Coliseum.

An NHL expansion team will begin play in Las Vegas beginning in the 2017-18 season.

Edited by Lateralus91

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Patriots QB depth is so fine. Man, am I ever confident in any of the 3. 

This quote is from a friend who lives in the NE area. I have no idea what he's basing this on but thought it was interesting. 

Garrapol-no.....The first 4 weeks of the season are going to be brutal...this kid sucks. My only hope is that he plays decent enough that we can fool another team to trade something for him. Maybe some Papa Gino's pizzas.

14 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

This quote is from a friend who lives in the NE area. I have no idea what he's basing this on but thought it was interesting. 

I don't know what he's seeing tbh lol.

Jimmy G is no Matt Cassel. He has quality and isn't just a system guy. Has the fastest release in the NFL or at least did last year amongst QBs. Don't get how someone can write him off so quick. Only thrown 30 NFL passes in his career lol