The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I was happy that the Raiders moved back to Oakland. Going to Vegas will completely kill any support/sympathy I have of that club. 

California seems to have a real difficulty in keeping teams, which makes no sense given it's population. 

It's sad that the 49ers is the most stable franchise in California. (San Diego is having to vote on Measure C to raise taxes in hotels and $1.2 billion of taxpayer dollars to build a new stadium)

If the Raiders go to Vegas, and the tax money doesn't go to the Chargers, where to the Chargers move to? A second team in LA? What's next? Jacksonville Jags move to Oakland or San Deigo? 

Edited by Ghostsof1915

To my fellow Pats fans: Go to The Hall at Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium. Incredible experience.

Went to the Pats/Bears game and watched it from the 50 yard line. Was kind of chapped that the decision for Brady to not play was made literally minutes before they ran out of the tunnel, but I couldn't complain, it was a beautiful night in Boston and I had a couple beers in hand sitting in Gillette stadium. 

Jimmy G looked good in person, made a couple of bad check down mistakes but he also wasn't playing with any legitimate receiving targets besides Bennett. 

In reality, if the defense stays healthy and plays like they're expected to, 2-2 would be great, 3-1 wouldn't be all that surprising. 2-2 and I think we can take the division, anything under .500 and Brady would have to go perfect the last 12 games for a shot at the division. 

Also, saw Eric Decker and wife Jessie in the west village in Manhattan. Unfortunately I wasn't rocking any Pats gear :(

21 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

To my fellow Pats fans: Go to The Hall at Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium. Incredible experience.

Went to the Pats/Bears game and watched it from the 50 yard line. Was kind of chapped that the decision for Brady to not play was made literally minutes before they ran out of the tunnel, but I couldn't complain, it was a beautiful night in Boston and I had a couple beers in hand sitting in Gillette stadium. 

Jimmy G looked good in person, made a couple of bad check down mistakes but he also wasn't playing with any legitimate receiving targets besides Bennett. 

In reality, if the defense stays healthy and plays like they're expected to, 2-2 would be great, 3-1 wouldn't be all that surprising. 2-2 and I think we can take the division, anything under .500 and Brady would have to go perfect the last 12 games for a shot at the division. 

Also, saw Eric Decker and wife Jessie in the west village in Manhattan. Unfortunately I wasn't rocking any Pats gear :(

Are you a Pats fan from Grogan times?  

31 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I also have a place for pats fans to go...

I'll give you a hint.  It's very hot. And it's in the south... the deep south.  

Jokes.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Question is, can he step into Romo's shoes.  If he gets hurt as well though, I'm going to laugh.

For what's supposed to be one of the best offensive lines in the NFL they really don't give their quarterbacks a lot of protection. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are you a Pats fan from Grogan times?  

Lol no. Though I did determine while I was there that I need to marry a Boston girl. :wub:

18 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Jokes.

:P

Edited by NucksPatsFan

You guys been watching Hard Knocks?

Some of my favourite lines so far :lol:

"Where does the sun rise?"  "...the air"

"Dinosaurs ain't ever exist man, what about the dinosaurs in the water what happened to them"  "They're still here, they're sharks!"

"I believe in mermaids, new species in the ocean found every day"

27 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You guys been watching Hard Knocks?

Some of my favourite lines so far :lol:

"Where does the sun rise?"  "...the air"

"Dinosaurs ain't ever exist man, what about the dinosaurs in the water what happened to them"  "They're still here, they're sharks!"

"I believe in mermaids, new species in the ocean found every day"

Ya ive been watching it.

Not Hard Knocks, but was watching All Access: Quest for the Stanley Cup. A couple of my fav lines were:

Backes to Thornton: "Your a waste of a human being"

Vlasic and Shattenkirk- "You want to borrow some of my hair to put on top of your head?"

"You want to borrow some of my skills?"

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:42 PM, Tony Romo said:

Great o line, 2 great running backs and a great kicker. We'd have a chance to survive this if the defense wasn't so bad. 

FedEx driver came in and said Dallas is winning the SuperBowl this year for Jerry Jones, one more before he passes away.  I asked him what was in his bowl he was smoking earlier that spawned that prediction.

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:59 PM, Gooseberries said:

Jokes.

You mean Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida where the Pats won the superbowl in 2001?

21 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

FedEx driver came in and said Dallas is winning the SuperBowl this year for Jerry Jones, one more before he passes away.  I asked him what was in his bowl he was smoking earlier that spawned that prediction.

You mean Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida where the Pats won the superbowl in 2001?

Hotter. Deeper.

6 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Hotter. Deeper.

Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego where they won the SuperBowl in 2003?  Because it can't be NRG stadium, home of their 2004 SB victory, it's not as hot.:emot-parrot: