The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

16 hours ago, Pears said:

They were saying tonight that Geno was working on adding spin and finesse moves to his game over the summer. If he was then he'll be the best DT in the game. 

Collingsworth was gushing over him yday. Dude couldn't keep it in his pants lol. 

I was actually surprised how well Kaep has conducted himself with Anthemgate.  May not be the best way to go about it but I do agree with a lot of the points that he made.  The fact that Trump is considered electable shows that the US still has a long way to go regarding race relations.

Will be super awkward if he's still doing this for the Salute to Service games.

• Upvote 3

Romo ... is that you Sammy Salo?

Kaepernick ... maybe one game to make your point but this will drag on, get old real soon, unnecessary distraction to the team, make your boss, the SF niners look bad, make NFL look bad.  It's a lose lose situation.  You put yourself in a real hole when you say I'll stand once some of these injustices are addressed ... unfortunately, you'll be long retired before that happens.  It's not as if you are some elite quarterback that has enough rapport and respect to pull this off.   Cut your fro bro.   

• Upvote 1

I don't know about y'all, but I'm on Kaep's side, despite disliking him as a football player. 

Glad to see the #VeteransForKaepernick trending on Twitter. Angers me hearing people say he's disrespecting the veterans and the current on duty military men and women by sitting down for the national anthem that those people are fighting for. Yeah, no. The anthem was written during a time of slavery, and the 3rd verse of the star spangled banner condones the killing of slaves. The USA was definitely not 'the land of the free' back then. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I don't know about y'all, but I'm on Kaep's side, despite disliking him as a football player. 

Glad to see the #VeteransForKaepernick trending on Twitter. Angers me hearing people say he's disrespecting the veterans and the current on duty military men and women by sitting down for the national anthem that those people are fighting for. Yeah, no. The anthem was written during a time of slavery, and the 3rd verse of the star spangled banner condones the killing of slaves. The USA was definitely not 'the land of the free' back then. 

Fantasy football advice?  Sleeper picks?

8 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I with him as well.

I saw a clip of Tim and Sid yesterday where they interviewed John Carlos about the situation. Carlos was the bronze medal winner in the 200M race at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City, who along with gold medal winner, Tommie Smith, raised his fist in protest of the treatment of blacks during the national anthem.

Carlos, too, supports Kaepernick. I thought he was very articulate in the interview, making several excellent points. In response to Sid's question of what he would say to those who are criticizing Kaep for protesting in this manner, he said he would ask them "what have they done?" to draw attention to the inequality that exists in America. It's easy to sit back in your armchair and sympathize, but to take a stand as Kaepernick has, knowing that there will be criticism and likely financial consequences, shows the courage that it often takes to draw attention to an issue.

Much like he and Smith displayed 48 years ago.