The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Too bad he can't mimick Belichick's coaching ability. ;)

On second thought, it is a good thing he can't.

At this point I'd settle for a mimic of a winning record this year and at least a wild card berth next year.  <_<

I'm not going to hold my breath though.

It's so frustrating watching this. Drew Brees and co. have to score on pretty much every drive to win a damn game with this Defense. He's been lights out this year and he's 0-3. Every year it's the same crap. This Defense just doesn't improve.

Edited by Madness

2 hours ago, Madness said:

It's so frustrating watching this. Drew Brees and co. have to score on pretty much every drive to win a damn game with this Defense. He's been lights out this year and he's 0-3. Every year it's the same crap. This Defense just doesn't improve.

Drew deserves better maybe it's time for a change of scenery join a team who has a soild d and some weapons but needs an experienced qb to get to the next level.

Sucks that the Eagles have to get a bye so early. Just when they were building momentum.

If Wentz keeps this up he will win Offensive Rookie of the Year. 

I love his work ethic he sounds a lot like Russel Wilson, comes in early and leaves late constantly watching tape and studying his playbook to the point he even sneaks in a few looks on his tablet under the table on a date with his girlfriend. :lol: Photographic memory impressive physical tools and intangibles. 

I feel for Goff being the #1 pick and not starting. He is not surrounded with a great coaching staff offensively like Wentz so it will be hard for him to be successful I think long term.

It's very early but he looks to have the potential of being a cross between Big Ben and a more intelligent Andrew Luck in terms of decision making.

It helps that he has a great coaching staff around him who were all ex qb's like John DeFillipo the qb coach who helped develop Derek Carr, Frank Reich the OC one of the greatest backup qbs of all time.

Last but not least his own head coach Doug Pederson was an NFL backup qb and he has played under and been around great coaches like Don Shula and Andy Reid.

What I love about this edition of the Eagles is that despite their lack of big names on offence and defence they play hard and have been bringing the effort and energy even when they make a mistake or a bad play they have been able to rally and stick together.

They have a by committee apporach on offence and defence and even special teams where everybody contributes. This team is definitely one that is greater than the sum of its parts.

It's gonna be hard to surprise teams anymore though after what happened with the Steelers. The rest of the season is gonna be all big games against good teams.

10 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Was the guy throwing the ball to them anyone? You think the Pats sign Ricky Jerrett?

I don't think so, think he was just a buddy throwing the ball haha. 

9 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Only being offered 1.5. Whats more important to him? The Money or the HOF

He seemed so into the money with the Buffalo and NO offers, but when Edelman said something along the lines of 'we work out here every day, welcome to New England' and was yelling at Ricky to catch the ball, it seemed like Ricky was gonna take the 1.5.

Also, anyone catch Jay Glazer in the strip club scenes? I didn't think he'd have agreed to it. :lol:

On 2016-09-27 at 8:59 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Sucks that the Eagles have to get a bye so early. Just when they were building momentum.

If Wentz keeps this up he will win Offensive Rookie of the Year. 

I love his work ethic he sounds a lot like Russel Wilson, comes in early and leaves late constantly watching tape and studying his playbook to the point he even sneaks in a few looks on his tablet under the table on a date with his girlfriend. :lol: Photographic memory impressive physical tools and intangibles. 

I feel for Goff being the #1 pick and not starting. He is not surrounded with a great coaching staff offensively like Wentz so it will be hard for him to be successful I think long term.

It's very early but he looks to have the potential of being a cross between Big Ben and a more intelligent Andrew Luck in terms of decision making.

It helps that he has a great coaching staff around him who were all ex qb's like John DeFillipo the qb coach who helped develop Derek Carr, Frank Reich the OC one of the greatest backup qbs of all time.

Last but not least his own head coach Doug Pederson was an NFL backup qb and he has played under and been around great coaches like Don Shula and Andy Reid.

What I love about this edition of the Eagles is that despite their lack of big names on offence and defence they play hard and have been bringing the effort and energy even when they make a mistake or a bad play they have been able to rally and stick together.

They have a by committee apporach on offence and defence and even special teams where everybody contributes. This team is definitely one that is greater than the sum of its parts.

It's gonna be hard to surprise teams anymore though after what happened with the Steelers. The rest of the season is gonna be all big games against good teams.

The Eagles are off to a great start and Wentz looks like a great young QB. The NFC east is going to be one of the more interesting divisions in the league, it's going to be a frigging dog fight all year long.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I will smoke one in his honor(as if I needed an excuse)

That's the Midas job to overreact and try to be the first one in the media with a hot task and hope it comes true to sound smarter than everyone else and be as to say I told you so. They care more about being right than reporting the facts. Whagever it takes to create controversy or hyperbole to draw attention to themselves or their company.

Heck guys like Skip Bayless and Screaming A. Smith have made a great living off lissimg off idiot sports fans and players who react to them and their opinions not facts.

I swear to god sports has turned into a mix of politics and gossip more than talking about the actual game.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly have to be the two best coaches in the league when it comes to ruining teams.

Rex is better off as a talking head in the media than as an NFL head coach.

Rumors Coughlin talked to the Pegula's about being ready to come in if they want to make a move after this season.