The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Looks like Fitzpatrick is benched for Geno.  And Rivers might be on the block.

I know it won't happen (being inside the division and all), but if Denver could somehow land Rivers they could be looking at a few more Super Bowls in the next couple of years.

I just can't see Siemen getting it done, and Lynch is a few years away still.  Rivers would give them 3 or 4 years with a truly scary team.

Edited by Jägermeister

3 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

I know it won't happen (being inside the division and all), but if Denver could somehow land Rivers they could be looking at a few more Super Bowls in the next couple of years.

I just can't see Siemen getting it done, and Lynch is a few years away still.  Rivers would give them 3 or 4 years with a truly scary team.

Rivers and Hyde would make a good 1-2 punch.  

5 hours ago, Green Building said:

Rivers and Hyde would make a good 1-2 punch.  

I agree, but I'd rather not.  Rivers would put us in that limbo spot of not being good enough for playoffs, but being too good to draft a franchise QB.

I'd rather us get a few top 5 picks the next couple years and come out with one of the highly touted QBs coming out either this year or next year.

There's plenty of blame to go around in Green Bay, but let's start with reviewing Rodgers, the two-time MVP who has looked like a middle-of-the-road passer as of late. Since the Pack's hot 6-0 start in 2015, Rodgers has been one of the worst quarterbacks in football in the ensuing 15-game span, ranking 24th among 30 qualifying QBs in passing YPG (233.3), 25th in passer rating (84.0) and last in completion percentage (58.1). He's thrown for less than 300 yards in 14 straight games. Heck, Brian Hoyer is outperforming the All-Pro this season. Rodgers' performance against a middling Bears pass defense Thursday night in front of an impatient Lambeau faithful will go a long way toward explaining his standing in the league's echelon of QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000723837/article/what-to-watch-for-in-bearspackers-on-tnf

That's really hard to believe.  With Adams and Lacy out this might be a really tough game against an otherwise dormant bears team.

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Must suck he can't overinflate footballs to his liking. Clearly has a tough time throwing the thing now that it's not to his preference. 

This is really only speculative, so the most you could do is suspend him for 4 games.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, gurn said:

So TSN1040- Matt Sekeres says(approx) Some players down in the NFL are wondering if Josh Brown was a black guy would he be getting punished.         I'm not normaly a guy that would go there but.......?

If he was black he'd be gone, suspended and pushed out the league already

• Upvote 2