The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

5 hours ago, ice orca said:

How do you see the NFC east shaking out this year? i think it's going to be a down and dirty dogfight all year.

I think it will be the most competitive division in the league next to NFC South. I could see a scenario where it goes something like this...

Giants 11-5 division winners elite d. Added more weapons for Eli.

Eagles 10-6 wild card improved offence biggest question marks at both cornerback spots

Cowboys 9-7 questions about secondary and d line slight sophomore slump for Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot now that teams have a years worth of film still elite offence but worse d than last year.

Redskins 8-8 Offence takes step back without Desean and Garcon.

D stays solid but not the greatest.

• Upvote 1

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19446657/seattle-seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-let-go-problem-nfl-2017

It's funny. A couple years ago I posted here about how the Seattle defense gets the Canucks treatment in regards to they get a lot of praise when they close out games, but also get blamed for losses even when it's (in my opinion over-rated) Wilson's offense not scoring more than 10-15 points for the reason they lost. I got ripped by Seattle 'fans' saying Wilson gets equally as criticized by management and the coaching staff and that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Turns out, I did.:lol: Sherman and some other 'key' members of that defense have been feeling that way for a couple years now, even before the Butler did it.

-

It's an excellent read regardless of what team you cheer for. Here's a couple of paragraphs that stood out to me:

"According to witnesses, Sherman threw the ball back to Wilson and yelled, "You f---ing suck!" Another fight broke out. Sherman was cussing and yelling; Wilson seemed stunned. Pete Carroll stopped practice and would later hold a series of meetings to remind the players they needed to build each other up, not tear each other down -- and that they needed to support their quarterback, further pissing off a defense that already thought the head coach went out of his way to protect him."

"with just one trophy and the window closing fast, he has placed responsibility for that failing on the two faces of the franchise: Wilson and Carroll. Sherman, who like Wilson declined comment for this story, thinks Carroll hasn't held Wilson or many young Seahawks to the defense's championship standard. He's been disillusioned not only by that single play more than two years earlier but also by his coach's and quarterback's response to it."

"Sherman walked into a team meeting and found rookie guard Germain Ifedi sitting at a desk. That's a no-no. Rookies sit on the floor; veterans get the desks. Sherman lorded over him, but Ifedi did what Sherman might have done as a rookie: He stayed at the desk.

Finally, Sherman broke: "Get up." Ifedi stood up and knocked over the desk, tossing it aside. The 6-foot-5, 325-pound Ifedi stared at the 6-3, 195-pound Sherman as if ready to throw down. Ifedi eventually stepped aside, but Sherman later told friends that he saw the incident as emblematic of a bigger problem. The offense, led by Wilson, was in the midst of a season in which it would score fewer than 13 points five times, but the only players being held to the lofty standard created by the defense were the members of it."

"Sherman was on the field for 99 snaps, including four on special teams. He was so exhausted and dehydrated, shivering with a fever, that he leaned on Wagner from the shower to his locker and drained two IV bags. It was a warrior effort wasted. Before overtime, Wilson's offense had managed only five first downs and nine punts. The game ended 6-6. The offensive line was manhandled, but Carroll complimented Ifedi's play after the game, privately setting off many Seahawks defenders as an example of Carroll seeming too positive."

"It seems to go beyond the normal jealousy aimed at most star quarterbacks. Teammates privately seem to want him exposed, but ask them why, or on what grounds, and their reasons vary. A man who vowed to live in transparency -- Wilson famously announced that he was refraining from premarital sex with his then-girlfriend, Ciara -- required guests to sign nondisclosure agreements before entering his box at Mariners games. After the Super Bowl against Denver, team management "fell in love with Russell," in the words of a former high-level staffer; defensive players would see him in executives' offices and wonder, "Why not me?" Pettiness grew. In 2014, Bleacher Report reported that some black teammates "think Wilson isn't black enough."

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Finally, Sherman broke: "Get up." Ifedi stood up and knocked over the desk, tossing it aside. The 6-foot-5, 325-pound Ifedi stared at the 6-3, 195-pound Sherman as if ready to throw down

Dam I would've love to see that beat down.

You know what I see in that article? I see a journalist trying to tear down a coach and a team. Digging up complete and utter bull**** because a team is doing it a different way than everyone else. IMO the 2 teams in the NFL that do it different than anyone are the Hawks and the Pats. Interestingly enough they are the 2 teams that receive the most hate from the media and opposing fans.

A couple things that stood out for me in this "article".

The Seahawks window is closing. 

Don't make me laugh. Carroll is still there. Any team coached by Pete Carroll will contend. He gets the best out his players.That is a fact.

The Brawls in Practice

Give me a break. Taylor Mays said the same thing to Matt Barkley in fall camp in 2009. It ignited a brawl, the team still went 9-4 with a true frosh qb. When you have an ultra-competitive atmosphere, stuff like this is going to happen.

STFU about the goal-line throw

Bad execution. Not a bad call.

I can't wait until Seattle steamrolls everybody in the NFC this year. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, lethunder said:

Lol

Still one of the better teams in the NFC yes but steamroll? Get outta here with that.

NFC east is ridiculously stacked.  Could easily see both wild cards coming out of there.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Giants as the top seed for the playoffs.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1

Man Dennis Pitta bout to retire and Tavon Young one of the best slot corners in the league already tore

his goddamn acl :( #Ravensluck 

Btw Jeremy Maclin needs to be signed by Baltimore. Look what Flacco did for Wallace!!

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-2 at 8:10 PM, Jiggs50 said:

Man Dennis Pitta bout to retire and Tavon Young one of the best slot corners in the league already tore

his goddamn acl :( #Ravensluck 

Btw Jeremy Maclin needs to be signed by Baltimore. Look what Flacco did for Wallace!!

Erick Decker also now?

Derek Carr is getting the cheddar

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000816968/article/raiders-derek-carr-finalize-5year-125m-extension

The NFL's richest man now resides in Oakland.

The Raiders on Thursday signed Derek Carr to a five-year, $125 million extension with $40 million fully guaranteed and $70 million in total guarantees, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, citing sources familiar with the deal. The deal has elevated Carr over Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck as the league's highest paid player in terms of average money per year.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

8wNW5ZRr.png

Wanted to post the top 30 offences(we all know who topped that list) but you know ESPN wants subs in order to do that.  If someone else can find a postable list go right ahead.

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:
  Hide contents

8wNW5ZRr.png

Wanted to post the top 30 offences(we all know who topped that list) but you know ESPN wants subs in order to do that.  If someone else can find a postable list go right ahead.

Wow Eagles #1 would have thought 85 Bears.

Also interesting to  note last time Eagles d were good was a decade ago and same time they last won a playoff game!

Hopefully Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas make the Eagles d respected around the league again. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pears said:

If this is true...wow...

That would be interesting! Not a fan of the Raiders but I like the direction they are heading in. Good mobile, solid passer QB, Beast Mode activated at RB, Cooper and Crabtree as solid targets so they're a team definitely on the rise. Still want my Seahawks to win again. They will always be a competitive team and they have most of the core intact still. Carroll has the team always in sync and the team looks ready to make another run!

On 25/05/2017 at 4:40 AM, Chip Kelly said:

I think it will be the most competitive division in the league next to NFC South. I could see a scenario where it goes something like this...

Giants 11-5 division winners elite d. Added more weapons for Eli.

Eagles 10-6 wild card improved offence biggest question marks at both cornerback spots

Cowboys 9-7 questions about secondary and d line slight sophomore slump for Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot now that teams have a years worth of film still elite offence but worse d than last year.

Redskins 8-8 Offence takes step back without Desean and Garcon.

D stays solid but not the greatest.

I think the Eagles are being over looked but maybe that's just my bias kicking in. We have a top 5 Oline and D line and we seen what both could do last year.

Wentz killed it last year with Johnson in the lineup until he got suspended, if we have him all year and Wentz has that time with Jeffrey,  Ertz, Smith, and and improved agholor than he is going to turn heads.

Our D line was solid under shwartz last year, just imagine how good we are going to be with the additions of Jernigan and Barnett.. I don't think the Giants have the Oline to counter that.

Call me crazy but this is how I see it shaking up...

Eagles 13-3

Giants 10-6

Cowboy 10-6

Redskins 6-10

We go 5-1 against the division

Edited by Hortankin