The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

18 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Anybody else see this last month?  I ran across it in the comment section of the LA Times 10 minutes ago.  The Jets are such a pathetic football franchise.

Couldn't that be anything? Like scanning pre-sold VIP or box seat passes that you wouldn't expect someone to have to wait in line to scan with the money they're spending on boxes or what not?

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Matches the uniforms. 

I like the Rams rush jersey, 49ers rush jerseys are hideous.

I am with a lot of you, did not expect a NCAA style shootout.  Highest scoring game in TNF history, they needed that.  I gotta admit, I thought Goff would be a colossal bust but he looks pretty good provided he keeps it simple.  The Rams are really building a high octane offense with Goff, Gurley and Watkins.  I still wish them and that seedy owner nothing but playoff failure though:angry: 

What did I just read? What a joke. Could this even happen?

Banks has talked to a number of people inside the league and when asked what they think of Spanos, his response was telling:

“I have been painted a picture from people I’ve talked to that the league was sympathetic…to Dean Spanos’ plight. Feels like he had been a ‘league guy’ feels like he had waited kind of his turn on the relocation front, thought he had the votes the year before — Jerry Jones and Stan Kroenke pretty much outmaneuvered Dean and Mark Davis with the Raiders to be the first in line for LA. So it was almost as if this was a bit of a make up.

“I can tell you this Darren, there are people in the league — including the commissioner — they did not want to see San Diego forsaken. They would rather there be a team in San Diego. If there’s anything viable that they could find to put the league back in to San Diego, I think they will be in that camp strongly.”

When discussing the optics of empty stadiums and the Chargers not being able to fill a 27,000-seat stadium with their own fans, Banks had this to say:

“They’re saying the right things now and they’re going to keep a stiff upper lip and say that ‘we knew that this was going to be a hard slog uphill.’ There’s a lot of concern already. And there’s a lot of people who are thinking, ‘How can we put up with these optics for the next three years if the Chargers can’t improve the situation in Carson?'”

When asked if he believed the league was possibly talking about forcing the Chargers back to San Diego if things don’t improve, Banks was blunt:

“I think they’re talking about it. I do. I think there’s already a level of concern at how far south it’s gone, that there are at least people talking about it…I don’t think a true tipping point has been reached, it’s too early for that. But I think there’s enough concern that people are saying, ‘What’s the best option perhaps among bad options?'”

The fact that we’re heading into Week 3 of the regular season and people around the league are already talking about moving the Chargers back to San Diego is simply incredible.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/21/don-banks-nfl-is-talking-about-forcing-chargers-back-to-san-diego/ 

The Spanoses did this to themselves. Absolutely no one outside of that family and its inner circle thought moving to Los Angeles was a wise decision. Now the franchise is a national laughingstock and it’s only getting worse.

Chargers First Home Game In Los Angeles As Embarrassing As It Gets

In a city and surrounding area of 18.1 million people, the Chargers couldn’t find enough of their own fans to fill a tiny soccer stadium in their first week in a new home. At least half of the fans in the crowd in Week 2 were cheering for the Miami Dolphins, a team whose fanbase doesn’t travel particularly well.

This weekend the Chargers welcome the Kansas City Chiefs to town. The Chiefs have a rabid fanbase who could wind up outnumbering Chargers fans in their own stadium. Expect to see a lot of red on Sunday in that crowd. And expect things to keep getting worse for Spanos and co. in Los Angeles.

The greed is sickening.  Maybe this will help keep the Raiders in Oakland but knowing Mark Davis he'll move his inheritance to the Gaza Strip if they gave him enough money.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Green Building said:

Couldn't that be anything? Like scanning pre-sold VIP or box seat passes that you wouldn't expect someone to have to wait in line to scan with the money they're spending on boxes or what not?

Not when there were a whole lot less people there than they said there was.  Also, the Jets never denied the story.  I checked.

Also, I've been in a box before.  You still have a pass that needs to be scanned before they let you in.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

The greed is sickening.  Maybe this will help keep the Raiders in Oakland but knowing Mark Davis he'll move his inheritance to the Gaza Strip if they gave him enough money.

Not once the stadium is built.  Once Vegas builds the stadium, the Raiders are going to be stuck there for a long time.  Although I'm curious if they have an attendance clause in their lease/agreement with the city and state that would let them bolt for another city if average attendance reaches a certain low.  UNLV would love that since they'd most likely inherit the stadium.

ALBA108-923_2017_004417_1.jpg

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. — President Donald Trump says National Football League owners should fire players who kneel during the national anthem. And he's encouraging spectators to walk out in protest.

In an extended riff during a freewheeling rally speech in Alabama Friday night, Trump also bemoaned that football games have become less violent.

"They're ruining the game," he complained.

"That's a total disrespect of our heritage. That's a total disrespect of everything that we stand for," he said, encouraging owners to act.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, you'd say, 'Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He's fired," Trump said to loud applause.

Trump also predicted that any owner who went through with his encouragement would become "the most popular person in this country"

http://thechronicleherald.ca/world/1505643-trump-says-nfl-should-fire-players-who-kneel-during-anthem 

What a guy. Hey, at least they're getting the attention of the leader of the free world. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I don't like too much politics in this thread, but this feels pretty relevant. 

edit: for what it's worth Komo news @ 11 had a poll on the subject and they reported %58 in favour and %38 against. I can't explain my bizarre curiosity with this, I mean, I shouldn't even be surprised anymore.

Edited by Green Building

8 hours ago, Green Building said:

ALBA108-923_2017_004417_1.jpg

What a guy. Hey, at least they're getting the attention of the leader of the free world. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I don't like too much politics in this thread, but this feels pretty relevant. 

edit: for what it's worth Komo news @ 11 had a poll on the subject and they reported %58 in favour and %38 against. I can't explain my bizarre curiosity with this, I mean, I shouldn't even be surprised anymore.

He probably doesn't even understand why they are protesting....

I'm very impressed the selflessness of these players who are asserting their beliefs.

• Upvote 1