The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You have to be over the moon, when's the last time the Bill's have been 2-1?

4 out of the last 5 years.  They start fast and get their butts kicked as the season goes on.

Next week though they'll be out of first place and back to .500.  I can't see them beating the Falcons.

Gotta love the "We easily could be undefeated" excuses .. every team "could easily be undefeated" is x, y and z happened instead of a, b, and c. 

What a game by my Pats. What happened to all the "brady is done" articles? 4 TDs last week, 5 this week. The defense is looking very suspect this year so far, but Watson also balled out, Houston really has found their guy. 

I gotta get on the TB12 method because the hits Mercilus and Clowney put on him, man I'd be broke in half. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Gotta love the "We easily could be undefeated" excuses .. every team "could easily be undefeated" is x, y and z happened instead of a, b, and c. 

What a game by my Pats. What happened to all the "brady is done" articles? 4 TDs last week, 5 this week. The defense is looking very suspect this year so far, but Watson also balled out, Houston really has found their guy. 

I gotta get on the TB12 method because the hits Mercilus and Clowney put on him, man I'd be broke in half. 

You gonna buy and read his self help book promotion cheese?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Pats will get into the playoffs by default cause that division is trash. Still fully expect TB to fall off later this year. He has to doesn't he? 

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

You gonna buy and read his self help book promotion cheese?

I honestly would probably never open it lol.

1 minute ago, Jiggs50 said:

Pats will get into the playoffs by default cause that division is trash. Still fully expect TB to fall off later this year. He has to doesn't he? 

A team from that trash division just beat Denver by 10.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying this is why some players aren't standing during the US National Anthem, but very interesting that they have such a high arrest rate:

http://nflarrest.com/

There are currently 1,696 NFL players, and they average an arrest, every 7 days.

Though it does say that they are lower than the USA arrest rate for all.

But if you think of the NFL as a company, and the players are employees, then that is quite high for a company of just under 2000 employees.

If I'm Trump i would hold a press conference with some injured war veterans on stage and talk about the sacrifices they made for the country and the flag. 

The President will come out on top in this situation. The NFL will have to make a rule that requires players to stand for the anthem. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

If I'm Trump i would hold a press conference with some injured war veterans on stage and talk about the sacrifices they made for the country and the flag. 

The President will come out on top in this situation. The NFL will have to make a rule that requires players to stand for the anthem. 

And then other veterans will come out in support of the players.  The NFL will not be forced to make any rule of this sort and the Bigot in Chief will drop this if he has even one functioning brain cell left.

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

There's no rule or law that anyone anywhere has to stand for the anthem. 

Ignorance is bliss!!!!

Yes they can make it a rule. Just like the NBA did after a player refused to stand for the anthem a few years ago. 

US soccer also made it a rule after a player took a knee.

So much for your rant about forcing black athletes to stand for the anthem. 

Next time know what you're talking about before telling people to f@#k off on here while being completely ignorant about the topic. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

Ignorance is bliss!!!!

Yes they can make it a rule. Just like the NBA did after a player refused to stand for the anthem a few years ago. 

Next time know what you're talking about before telling people to f@#k off on here while being completely ignorant about the topic. 

What good would such a rule do?  What would it solve?  

More importantly, why does it matter?

Edited by Jägermeister

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ignorance is bliss!!!!

Good luck getting the union to sign off on this.

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

What good would such a rule do?

What would it solve?  

What good would such a rule do?

You'd have to ask NBA and US Soccer what it did. They have both applied this rule to their leagues after players took a knee during the anthem.

What would it solve?  

NFL needs to get back to football. This is a distraction they don't need. It's not good for their business.

There is always a beginning and ending. NFL can't keep going like this year after year. It has to be solved. 

It matters because it's the number one story on every News channel and Sports channel. The whole of USA is talking about this.

Patriotism and the flag are a huge deal for Americans.  I lived in the US, went to school there and had a family business there. Most of my family is American and live there. I have a deeper perspective and understanding about Americans than most people on CDC. Americans are very different from Canadians when it comes to the flag and anthem. Especially white Americans. This won't die down and go away, the NFL and Players will have to come to some sort of agreement to end this and get back to football. 

47 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Good luck getting the union to sign off on this.

According to Quinnipiac university poll 87% of Republicans and 57% of Independents disapprove of the protests while 67% of Dems support it. 

While the msm media is on player's side the protests only have 38% approval in the US. This is an unpopular movement. 

When it hits the NFL's bottom line the players will sign off. Ratings are down, some customers are canceling NFL sunday ticket subscriptions and boycott movements are starting in the US. 

There may not be an official announcement of an agreement or rule. But it will be dealt with and the players will start standing for the anthem. They will put some lipstick on it and dress it up. But the end goal and result will be that players start standing for the anthem. 

According to Quinnipiac university poll 87% of Republicans and 57% of Independents disapprove of the protests while 67% of Dems support it. 

While the msm media is on player's side the protests only have 38% approval in the US. This is an unpopular movement. 

When it hits the NFL's bottom line the players will sign off. Ratings are down, some customers are canceling NFL sunday ticket subscriptions and boycott movements are starting in the US. 

There may not be an official announcement of an agreement or rule. But it will be dealt with and the players will start standing for the anthem. They will put some lipstick on it and dress it up. But the end goal and result will be that players start standing for the anthem. 

Might have happened if there was an adult in the White House.  As it is, Cheeto Hitler has demonstrated exactly why it is important that someone stands up against racism. 

There will be a massive backlash if the players mysteriously stop protesting while the POTUS openly attacks their first amendment rights while defending those of Neo-Nazis.

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Ignorance is bliss!!!!

Yeah it really worked for the NBA, you can really feel the difference as the NBA and it's players have remained silent on this issue. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Yeah it really worked for the NBA, you can really feel the difference as the NBA and it's players have remained silent on this issue. 

silent? What the heck are you talking about. Why would they need to be silent and who told them to be silent.

I haven't heard anyone asking anyone to be silent. 

Just went back to last page and checked. You're the same guy who went on a rant without having a clue about NBA and US soccer rules and told me to f@#k off for some odd reason. You're the ANTIFA guy... what's up with anger dude. 

You just make things up in your lil brain and pretend they are real facts? No one is telling anyone to be silent. That is a fact. Quit making things up in your head, it'll only make you more angry... you're weird. 

Edited by WHL rocks