The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Not a Giants fan by any stretch, but that's brutal. 0-5 and 80% of your receiving corps out with injuries....

As a Bills fan, I can commiserate with misfortune (**cough forward lateral **cough) but that was truly a case of being snakebitten.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

It was better than nothing but what a boring game. First time in a while I actually got bored af. Trubisky looked good though. 

I was looking forward to Eagles Panthers in 2 days but...

With Lane Johnson out I would be surprised if Eagles won.

Could be a low scoring game on paper. 2 solid defences coming off a short week d usually has advantage.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Terrible terrible injury to  a future HoFer. 

Whoa now,  he's got a long way to go.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, Silky mitts said:

That was tough to see wish they cut away instead of filming him crying 

It was actually quite easy to watch.  JJ Watt on the other hand, now that's tragic.

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I was looking forward to Eagles Panthers in 2 days but...

With Lane Johnson out I would be surprised if Eagles won.

Could be a low scoring game on paper. 2 solid defences coming off a short week d usually has advantage.

Had the Panthers winning before I knew of his injury anyway. Carolina is on a roll and Wentz and the boys are due for a letdown. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Whoa now,  he's got a long way to go.

It was actually quite easy to watch.  JJ Watt on the other hand, now that's tragic.

Well barring injury he had more receiving yards than any other wr in history including Randy Moss for the  first 3 years in the league.

I get what you mean though not anointing him but he was on a great pace. Don't know how he fares.

Could be a blessing in disguise if Giants tank and manage to draft a rookie qb next year like Rosen, Darnold, or Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield to take over for declining Eli.

I don't like some of his antics either but I just don't think wishing injury on a player is right. 

No matter how much you hate a team or player.

It's bad karma imo either you or your team will get it back too.

10 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I don't like some of his antics either but I just don't think wishing injury on a player is right. 

I agree, however there's a difference between wishing an injury and witnessing an injury.  I never wish anyone physical harm but c'mon, you telling me you didn't laugh when he spazzed out and bumped his head on the FG net thingamajig last year?   All I said was it was easy to watch, whereas JJ Watt's injury was not.  It's a fractured ankle, season ending albeit, but it's not like he blew his knee out or had his Achilles ruptured.  He'll be back 100% next year, it's not like his team was going anywhere this year. 

As for the stats, yeah impressive.  But the legends do it for a whole career and I just don't see him having the mental fortitude to do so.  Randy Moss and Terrell Owens come to mind too.  Especially Moss, he should of had multiple SB rings and be the all time leader in Receiving TD's, that's the kind of talent he had.  But he went to Oakland instead...

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

I agree, however there's a difference between wishing an injury and witnessing an injury.  I never wish anyone physical harm but c'mon, you telling me you didn't laugh when he spazzed out and bumped his head on the FG net thingamajig last year?   All I said was it was easy to watch, whereas JJ Watt's injury was not.  It's a fractured ankle, season ending albeit, but it's not like he blew his knee out or had his Achilles ruptured.  He'll be back 100% next year, it's not like his team was going anywhere this year. 

As for the stats, yeah impressive.  But the legends do it for a whole career and I just don't see him having the mental fortitude to do so.  Randy Moss and Terrell Owens come to mind too.  Especially Moss, he should of had multiple SB rings and be the all time leader in Receiving TD's, that's the kind of talent he had.  But he went to Oakland instead...

It was a contract year and he was trying to be the highest paid wr in NFL history that is where the emotions come from for him I think.

He wanted to have a good year like most players in contract years always seem to do.

I'm sure though endorsement wise he won't hurt.

I also don't see him sticking with the Giants his whole career unless they draft a franchise qb.

He could force his way out like Mods and TO did from other places if he isn't feeling the love for the game.

21 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Elliot's suspension reinstated though he could appeal it, again. 

NFL suspensions are a bigger joke than NHL suspensions.

Just admit this will drag out all offseason while in the meantime Elliot plays the whole year partially distracted knowing this suspension talk is looming as soon as the season is over.

3 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Impressive showing by the eagles 

Will be the first to admit not the prettiest game by far but on a short week a great road win that deserves a good Celly!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/918695698903605249?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcbssports.cbsi.com%2Fremote.html%3F1507083985898