The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Is it just me but on paper the rest of the weeks NFL matchups look pretty meh at best.

Giants vs Broncos SNF really looks bad with all of the Giants starting wr core injured 

MNF Titans vs Colts another one sided matchup.

NBC should be allowed to flex unlimited games to SNF.

Oh well. 

Other than Steelers and Chiefs we could have already seen the game of the week last night.

27 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Is it just me but on paper the rest of the weeks NFL matchups look pretty meh at best.

Giants vs Broncos SNF really looks bad with all of the Giants starting wr core injured 

MNF Titans vs Colts another one sided matchup.

NBC should be allowed to flex unlimited games to SNF.

Oh well. 

Other than Steelers and Chiefs we could have already seen the game of the week last night.

Steelers are a shell of their old selves.  Big Ben really seems to have lost it out there.  Don't be surprised to see KC steamroll them here.

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Steelers are a shell of their old selves.  Big Ben really seems to have lost it out there.  Don't be surprised to see KC steamroll them here.

I actually think they might play well they beat the Chiefs last year but that was without their new stud RB Kareem Hunt.

Ben has to have a big game he has been under pressure all week of people saying he is washed.

I expect them to make KC have to work for the win. Team pride and egos are at stake here.

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

True but the classic games are usually the ones no one expected.  I doubt anyone thought the best game so far(debatable) would've been the Rams and 49ers on a Thursday Night.

If the Patriots can't win the SB then I hope either Oakland or Carolina wins it based on those sexy color schemes.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

True but the classic games are usually the ones no one expected.  I doubt anyone thought the best game so far(debatable) would've been the Rams and 49ers on a Thursday Night.

If the Patriots can't win the SB then I hope either Oakland or Carolina wins it based on those sexy color schemes.

Love to see my favourite player to watch, Mr. Cam (not fig) Newton, hoist the Lombardi.  Guy is the BEST!

14 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Just got a tsn notification, looks like rodgers is out for the season with a broken collarbone 

Holy crap this huge. Looks like Detroit is a lock for playoffs and Vikings might even sneak in as a wild card now.

Eagles might be 

the best team in the NFC if they can get some corners back healthy and keep on keeping on.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

An already crap defense replaced Gilmore and Rowe with Bademosi lol.. McCown's career game today. 

Wanna trade Butler he is leaving after the year anyways.. I'm sure the Eagles could use him better as a rental to shore up the secondary.

Speaking of trades the NFL trade deadline is literally in like 2 weeks too early if you ask me.

I suppose with the having to learn new playbooks players need 3-4 games to fit in.

Hard to believe almost at mid pint of the season already.

Nobody is playing truely great football right now other than maybe Chiefs.

Feels like the season just started and teams are still trying to find what they are going to be this year.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21035352/colin-kaepernick-filing-grievance-nfl-owners-collusion

Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick is filing a grievance under the latest collective bargaining agreement against NFL owners for collusion, according to a document obtained by ABC News.

Kaepernick is not going through the NFL Players Association but has instead hired attorney Mark Geragos, who has represented several high-profile clients, including Michael Jackson, former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield and musician Chris Brown.

The filing, which demands an arbitration hearing on the matter, says the NFL and its owners "have colluded to deprive Mr. Kaepernick of employment rights in retaliation for Mr. Kaepernick's leadership and advocacy for equality and social justice and his bringing awareness to peculiar institutions still undermining racial equality in the United States."

Kaepernick's attorney sent a copy of the complaint to the NFLPA, as well as the NFL and all 32 teams.

The filing was first reported by Bleacher Report.

Kaepernick drew national attention last season when he knelt during the national anthem before games to protest social injustice. His kneeling led to a movement that has spread through the league while also being vilified -- including multiple negative comments from President Donald Trump.

He has not been with an NFL team since severing his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March. Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter at the time that Kaepernick would stand during the anthem in 2017.

Most recently, the Tennessee Titans were in the market for a backup quarterback given Marcus Mariota's hamstring injury, and coach Mike Mularkey said "I'm not aware if there was" interest in Kaepernick.

Mularkey said familiarity was the biggest factor in the team's decision to sign Brandon Weeden.

In September, Ray Lewis said the Baltimore Ravens chose not to sign Kaepernick after his girlfriend posted a "racist" tweet featuring the former All-Pro linebacker and owner Steve Bisciotti. Coach John Harbaugh did not directly address the assertion.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21035352/colin-kaepernick-filing-grievance-nfl-owners-collusion

Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick is filing a grievance under the latest collective bargaining agreement against NFL owners for collusion

That's going to be very difficult to prove without evidence. I wonder if there is any.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

That's going to be very difficult to prove without evidence. I wonder if there is any.

Thing is, I could care less about all the politics.  I liked watching him play.  If he just wants to play for fun, our Lions could use him.  I bet BC Place is full to the rafters with him out there.  

• Upvote 2