The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Thing is, I could care less about all the politics.  I liked watching him play.  If he just wants to play for fun, our Lions could use him.  I bet BC Place is full to the rafters with him out there.  

I have a feeling putting he real alf in at almost any position would help now

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Green Building said:

Wow. Jets got screwed.

Much like the tuck rule fiasco, when commentators don't even know the rules it makes the NFL sound so bush league.  It was the right call, you must maintain possession the ball while crossing the end zone and if someone knocks the ball out and it goes out of bounds it's considered a fumble, and when it happens in the end zone it's a touchback.  Blame the rule, not the call.  This is the same thing as the tuck rule, at the time it was the right call(based on the rule) and was called 6 times prior to NE/Oak in the playoffs.  Two years later the NFL decided it was a stupid rule and they canned it. 

DMNeupfXcAAbXTY.jpg:large

18 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

That's what happens when you don't vote for trump like the Brady bunch. The new commissioner of the NFL 

Yes, exactly.  Kraft voted for his buddy Cheeto Hitler and in return the Pats get free Super Bowls.  Maybe Aquaman should've done the same here.

This is why being a Canuck fan and a Pat fan is a healthy balance.  One franchise is cursed while the other gets every conceivable break there is.

17 hours ago, Green Building said:

Who are about to easily move to 6-0.

You sure about that?

• Upvote 1

Personally I think the Jets got the shaft even though the call was the right one. 

I think 90% of the time, based on the eye test and the players' effort, and the fact the ruling on the field was a TD, it would stand after review.

10% of the time the official at headquarters reviewing it strips the play down frame by frame to it's foundation, and on that technical of a level, you could clearly see ASJ didn't have control in the air and regained control out of bounds after it had fumbled through the pylon.

4 wins in the W column is all I care about!

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

It was the right call, you must maintain possession the ball while crossing the end zone and if someone knocks the ball out and it goes out of bounds it's considered a fumble

You sure about that?

I know the rule, it just seems so stupid to slow-mo freeze a bang bang play down to a fraction of a fraction of a second where the ball shifted for less than that and then have the result be a touchback. Basically, I have a problem with how much bobble is allowed before a player is deemed to not be in possession of the ball anymore. 

I hate both the rule and the call, and had it happened to the Pats I probably would have said the same thing. 

I was sure the Steelers would have lost yesterday, but never put money on it, I did bet on the Giants last night though.

This NFL season will be remembered for major injuries to big name players on almost every contender.

I don't remember this much parity er mediocrity in the NFL in a long time.

Makes it exciting for fans of your team just avoids major injuries to key players you have a shot this year to be a contender till the end.

War of attrition right now with 10 games left.

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

I know the rule, it just seems so stupid to slow-mo freeze a bang bang play down to a fraction of a fraction of a second where the ball shifted for less than that and then have the result be a touchback. Basically, I have a problem with how much bobble is allowed before a player is deemed to not be in possession of the ball anymore. 

I hate both the rule and the call, and had it happened to the Pats I probably would have said the same thing. 

I was sure the Steelers would have lost yesterday, but never put money on it, I did bet on the Giants last night though.

I know, personally would've of been fine if that was a TD or the very least possession at the 1 yard line.  It's just so many people just think it's some Patriot Conspiracy without actually looking up the rule.  And when Dan Foutts wouldn't shut up about it just fuels the fire, much like the tuck rule.  Another incredible play by Malcolm Butler though.

Pretty sure I could throw for 300 yards against the Pats::D

58 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I know, personally would've of been fine if that was a TD or the very least possession at the 1 yard line.  It's just so many people just think it's some Patriot Conspiracy without actually looking up the rule.  And when Dan Foutts wouldn't shut up about it just fuels the fire, much like the tuck rule.  Another incredible play by Malcolm Butler though.

Pretty sure I could throw for 300 yards against the Pats::D

Considering a similar play happened last week in the Seattle/LA game you'd think it would be fresh in everyone's minds? 

13 hours ago, Green Building said:

Turbin's elbow :sick:

Yeah that was nasty. 

I thought Brissette had that first down fwiw.  If the runner hasn't gone out of bounds it shouldn't mattered if he's holding the ball close to out of bounds, plus I thought he did a good job switching hands to keep it in bound and clearly dove beyond the 1st down marker.  If I was a colts fan I would be fuming, but I'm not so meh.

@Tre Mac that pic clearly explains everything and makes it crystal clear why the officials at HQ overturned the call. There's also a clear pic of the ball out of ASJ's hands.. Although I wasn't happy about the call taken back for my fantasy football team because that overturned call made me lose my matchup.... But 4-2 and top of the AFC East so I don't really mind :D

Prime time matchups as good as it is gonna get this year...

Hopefully some good competitive football games that have meaning.

This week:

TNF Chiefs/Raiders 

(Divisional rivalry)

SNF Patriots/Falcons

(Super Bowl rematch)

MNF Eagles/Redskins

(Divisional rivalry)

Arguably top 2 teams in the NFC face off.

Been a while ago since I can remember as juicy prime time matchups for the NFL.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I know its not draft time yet but a Steeler scout was at the USC practice today and it got me thinking. Darnold to the Steelers would be a match made in heaven. The PERFECT replacement to Big Ben.

They'll have to give up a ton to get him but it would be worth it.  Good year to draft a QB.

Highly doubt the Giants or 49ers pass on him if he's available.

Edited by King Heffy

6 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I know its not draft time yet but a Steeler scout was at the USC practice today and it got me thinking. Darnold to the Steelers would be a match made in heaven. The PERFECT replacement to Big Ben.

My guess is they are eyeing that tail back in So Cal Ronald Jones in case they don't want to pay Levy Bell and find a cheaper alternative.