The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Also Kirk Cousins is gonna be the best free agent qb available since Peyton Manning.

Cousins quietly I feel is having another efficient year.

Very good passer rating.

Was a steal for me in fantasy. 12th round I think. I'm pretty happy with him.

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Prime time matchups as good as it is gonna get this year...

Hopefully some good competitive football games that have meaning.

This week:

TNF Chiefs/Raiders 

(Divisional rivalry)

SNF Patriots/Falcons

(Super Bowl rematch)

MNF Eagles/Redskins

(Divisional rivalry)

Arguably top 2 teams in the NFC face off.

Been a while ago since I can remember as juicy prime time matchups for the NFL.

Don't be surprised if the Sunday nighter is a bum.

Atlanta knows winning won't be 'payback' because they don't get a ring for a mid-season win, but they'll be playing fueled by the embarrassment from the Super Bowl and having blown a 17 point lead last week.

Game is in New England, it's going to be cold, it's probably going to be wet, there will be 28-3 posters everywhere and the buzz all week will be about the Pats slow start and how they match up against a well rounded team like Atlanta. 

I won't predict who wins, but I have a feeling the winner will win big. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Don't be surprised if the Sunday nighter is a bum.

Atlanta knows winning won't be 'payback' because they don't get a ring for a mid-season win, but they'll be playing fueled by the embarrassment from the Super Bowl and having blown a 17 point lead last week.

Game is in New England, it's going to be cold, it's probably going to be wet, there will be 28-3 posters everywhere and the buzz all week will be about the Pats slow start and how they match up against a well rounded team like Atlanta. 

I won't predict who wins, but I have a feeling the winner will win big. 

Teams like Atlanta and the Saints love the fast track of the turf.

Not so much the cold and wet weather.

You could be right it might get ugly if Atlanta is not ready for a 4 quarter battle.

Edited by Chip Kelly

And people say TNF games are duds, please, the two best games this year have been on Thursday Night.

Glad the Raiders won it, that offensive PI call against Crabtree in the EZ was pure BS, there has to be some contact out there its football ffs lol.  Something like 8 plays in the final 30secounds, crazy.  Imagine if that was a playoff game lol. 

This is going to kickoff a great weekend of matchups, bring on the Sunday Nighter though I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats D got lit up... again.

9 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

And people say TNF games are duds, please, the two best games this year have been on Thursday Night.

Glad the Raiders won it, that offensive PI call against Crabtree in the EZ was pure BS, there has to be some contact out there its football ffs lol.  Something like 8 plays in the final 30secounds, crazy.  Imagine if that was a playoff game lol. 

This is going to kickoff a great weekend of matchups, bring on the Sunday Nighter though I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats D got lit up... again.

They do tend to be duds though to be honest.

Exception to the rule. Depends really on matchups and how banged up a team is.

I think Friday night would be better but Friday is for Highscho' in the states and Saturday is Cawlidge day.

I think they pick Thursday to stay in people's minds coming off Monday night football.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Spoken like a receiver lol. It doesn't get more obvious than that for OPI, a push off on a back shoulder throw with isolation in the endzone. I would be upset if it wasn't called.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:17 AM, Tre Mac said:

Really? I've reffed hundreds of games and I'd make the same call 100 out of 100 times. Pretty much a textbook OPI penalty IMHO....

The right call was made on the DPI call at the back of the end zone too,

• Upvote 2