The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

22 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Tyrod isn't a bad QB at all.  The problem is neither is he a long term franchise QB.  The Bills have been looking for an excuse to try out Peterman before the coming 2018 draft, and the game against the Saints gave them that excuse.

If Peterman impresses them, they can use their extra high round picks on positions of need, if he flops, then they stick Tyrod back in and trade up in the first round to get one of the 3-4 big name QB's coming into the draft after the season is over.

Tyrod is overrated anyway. Keep him in the pocket and he can't really do anything. Bills may have something in Peterman imo. 

Just now, Jiggs50 said:

Tyrod is overrated anyway. Keep him in the pocket and he can't really do anything. Bills may have something in Peterman imo. 

He starts Sunday against a defence with a pretty decent pass rush.  We'll find out soon enough if he can step up.  Since he's mostly a pocket passer, Peterman is going to need the offensive line to do their jobs well and give him a little bit of time to throw the ball.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000878696/article/kam-chancellor-expected-to-miss-rest-of-17-season

Kam Chancellor expected to miss rest of '17 season

After losing cornerback Richard Sherman to a torn Achilles last week, the Seattle Seahawks could be without safety Kam Chancellor, as well.

Per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Chancellor is expected to be out for the rest of the 2017 season, according to sources informed of the situation.

Chancellor did not participate in Seahawks practice on Thursday or Friday. Garafolo reported the neck injury he suffered is not only severe enough to keep him out of their clash with the Atlanta Falcons on Monday night, but it will shelve him for the rest of the season.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

Welp... there goes the last shred of SB hopes

Even though Kam has been average this season, he still changes the way teams view the secondary and attack it. The could news is I like the next man up, Delano Hill. Not as physical as Kam, but has really good angles in the run game and is a sure tackler. He is also a quicker than Kam. We spent a 3rd round pick on him, we don't really do that for DB's so we will see how he performs. He can be anywhere close to as good that Quill has been, we are in business

5 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

As long as we put up 26 I don't care. Earl is back too

I think you are more optimistic than most Seahawk fans right now.

When was the last time Seattle,in the Pete Caroll era, played without 2 of their big pieces on defence for an extended period of time?

I think best case scenario is holding on to a wildcard spot and fending off a charge from the Falcons or the Panthers dropping off.

The Rams have no key injuries pretty much. Even with a sophomore qb and rookie coach they have arguably a better d than Seattle right now when you factor in the injuries.

Also the Rams have the #1 offence in the NFL by PPG average.

I don't see how they don't end up taking the division title from the Seahawks.

Also in the past Seattle always had a run game to rely on late in the year when the weather becomes a factor.

Not the case anymore... Chris Carson was good but got injured. Rawls hasn't been the same since his ankle injury in his rookie year. 

Procise is so injury prone he can't even get his ass out of the tub to even get on the field.

They let Alex Collins go and he has jumpstarted his career with the Ravens.

Their best back arguably has been JD McKissacc. A hybrid slot/ scatback who you can't rely on to be a 20 touch a game guy because of his size.

Russel Wilson has to carry this team on his back to have ANY chance to make a run without home field.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

As long as we put up 26 I don't care. Earl is back too

8 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

The Falcons haven't allowed 26 points all year, although the Patriots came close. Winning this game still won't convince me that this is Seattle's year.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Where there's smoke there's fire and I always found Winston to be a cocky piece of crap. 

Too many similar stories about him abusing women. 

I think there are a lot of pieces of crap playing in the NFL.  Some of The owners are bad too.  Jerry Jones made a really racist and degrading comment recently.  The guy should be forced to sell his team, much like the NBA did with that scum Clipper’s owner.  The NFL is in for some lean years coming up.  

https://theblast.com/jerry-jones-racial-video/

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I think there are a lot of pieces of crap playing in the NFL.  Some of The owners are bad too.  Jerry Jones made a really racist and degrading comment recently.  The guy should be forced to sell his team, much like the NBA did with that scum Clipper’s owner.  The NFL is in for some lean years coming up.  

Would love to get Jerra out of the league main reason I hate the Cowboys 

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

When was the last time Seattle,in the Pete Caroll era, played without 2 of their big pieces on defence for an extended period of time?

I think best case scenario is holding on to a wildcard spot and fending off a charge from the Falcons or the Panthers dropping off.

The Rams have no key injuries pretty much. Even with a sophomore qb and rookie coach they have arguably a better d than Seattle right now when you factor in the injuries.

Also the Rams have the #1 offence in the NFL by PPG average.

I don't see how they don't end up taking the division title from the Seahawks.

Also in the past Seattle always had a run game to rely on late in the year when the weather becomes a factor.

Not the case anymore... Chris Carson was good but got injured. Rawls hasn't been the same since his ankle injury in his rookie year. 

Procise is so injury prone he can't even get his ass out of the tub to even get on the field.

They let Alex Collins go and he has jumpstarted his career with the Ravens.

Their best back arguably has been JD McKissacc. A hybrid slot/ scatback who you can't rely on to be a 20 touch a game guy because of his size.

Russel Wilson has to carry this team on his back to have ANY chance to make a run without home field.

I am an optimist. I have no problem saying that, because I have seen teams with their back against the wall and with everything going against them win championships. That is sports. We still have almost half a season left of football left, a lot could happen. For all we know, someone like Gurley or Brady could have a season ending injury tomorrow. Still trust the Rams the to win the NFC West with no run game? Still trust the Pats to win the AFC with Hoyer as their QB?

In a cover 1/3 system the most important player on the team is the Free Safety. As long as you have a guy like Earl back there you will have a chance. He makes other players better. As much as I love Kam and the physicality that he brings, he is the one member of the LOB whose play has dropped off the last 2 years (pretty significantly, probably due to the nature of which he plays). And the front 7 is still pretty damn good.As for the running back situation, it hasn't been great this year of a few reasons. The injury to Carson is the obvious one, but Pete said he will be taken off the IR in week 17, or in the wildcard round. Lacy started to look good until he went down with an injury, and Rawls has no vision. In a zone blocking scheme vision is so important, thats why Marshawn was so good here (and also why I want Seattle to take Ronald Jones in the draft). 

Just so we are clear...

You can't see Seattle (at home,in December), beating a Ram team with a QB who has never won a flipping meaningful in his College/Pro career? A QB who has never won a game in rain or cold weather?

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jerry Jones is a southern blowhard, but comparing him to Donald Sterling at this point in time is asinine. 

14 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Jerry Jones is a southern blowhard, but comparing him to Donald Sterling at this point in time is asinine. 

Did you hear his comments?  "[your fiance] is with a black girl".  Very racist and degrading.  He's a lot more than just a southern blowhard.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Did you hear his comments?  "[your fiance] is with a black girl".  Very racist and degrading.  He's a lot more than just a southern blowhard.  

Those comments are from 4 years ago, not that when they were made is all that relevant, but it's worth noting. Also, while he may have been implying something nefarious with that comment he didn't come right out and say it. He's in more of a grey area that he probably shouldn't have wandered into in the first place, but Sterling crushed that same line multiple times. 

I don't like Jerry Jones much, and he may very well be Donald Sterling 2, but to me the evidence say otherwise right now and it's not even close.

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Those comments are from 4 years ago, not that when they were made is all that relevant, but it's worth noting. Also, while he may have been implying something nefarious with that comment he didn't come right out and say it. He's in more of a grey area that he probably shouldn't have wandered into in the first place, but Sterling crushed that same line multiple times. 

I don't like Jerry Jones much, and he may very well be Donald Sterling 2, but to me the evidence say otherwise right now and it's not even close.

What Jerry Jones said was beyond reprehensible.  The is clearly (from those words) a racist person.  He should absolutely get the Sterling treatment, but he won't, because he's too powerful within the NFL.  Sterling was not at all so important to the NBA, nor were the Clippers.