The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

10 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I am an optimist. I have no problem saying that, because I have seen teams with their back against the wall and with everything going against them win championships. That is sports. We still have almost half a season left of football left, a lot could happen. For all we know, someone like Gurley or Brady could have a season ending injury tomorrow. Still trust the Rams the to win the NFC West with no run game? Still trust the Pats to win the AFC with Hoyer as their QB?

In a cover 1/3 system the most important player on the team is the Free Safety. As long as you have a guy like Earl back there you will have a chance. He makes other players better. As much as I love Kam and the physicality that he brings, he is the one member of the LOB whose play has dropped off the last 2 years (pretty significantly, probably due to the nature of which he plays). And the front 7 is still pretty damn good.As for the running back situation, it hasn't been great this year of a few reasons. The injury to Carson is the obvious one, but Pete said he will be taken off the IR in week 17, or in the wildcard round. Lacy started to look good until he went down with an injury, and Rawls has no vision. In a zone blocking scheme vision is so important, thats why Marshawn was so good here (and also why I want Seattle to take Ronald Jones in the draft). 

Just so we are clear...

You can't see Seattle (at home,in December), beating a Ram team with a QB who has never won a flipping meaningful in his College/Pro career? A QB who has never won a game in rain or cold weather?

I know the Rams have a tough schedule coming up but I don't see the Seahawks over take them for the division.

I think Falcons get the win on Monday night.

Not saying Seahawks are some average team now with the injuries.

They are very much playoff caliber to be clear.

Just a gut feeling but I feel the Rams will be a bigger test than Seattle for the Eagles without Sherman and a run game.

Hard to count out Wilson though. Seems like Seahawks play their best when the pressure is on.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, ReggieBush said:

I am an optimist. I have no problem saying that, because I have seen teams with their back against the wall and with everything going against them win championships. That is sports. We still have almost half a season left of football left, a lot could happen. For all we know, someone like Gurley or Brady could have a season ending injury tomorrow. Still trust the Rams the to win the NFC West with no run game? Still trust the Pats to win the AFC with Hoyer as their QB?

In a cover 1/3 system the most important player on the team is the Free Safety. As long as you have a guy like Earl back there you will have a chance. He makes other players better. As much as I love Kam and the physicality that he brings, he is the one member of the LOB whose play has dropped off the last 2 years (pretty significantly, probably due to the nature of which he plays). And the front 7 is still pretty damn good.As for the running back situation, it hasn't been great this year of a few reasons. The injury to Carson is the obvious one, but Pete said he will be taken off the IR in week 17, or in the wildcard round. Lacy started to look good until he went down with an injury, and Rawls has no vision. In a zone blocking scheme vision is so important, thats why Marshawn was so good here (and also why I want Seattle to take Ronald Jones in the draft). 

Just so we are clear...

You can't see Seattle (at home,in December), beating a Ram team with a QB who has never won a flipping meaningful in his College/Pro career? A QB who has never won a game in rain or cold weather?

Essentially in your mind all the Seattle back ups are so good they can be their own playoff team.

31 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Essentially in your mind all the Seattle back ups are so good they can be their own playoff team.

Seattle’s window is slammed shut, nailed, glued, and sealed.  They are not really very good anymore, even with Sherman and Chancellor.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That Nathan Peterman call certainly backfired in spectacular fashion.

Twitter seriously went to town on him and the coaches.  :lol:

I heard 5 interceptions in the first half.  Why the change, when Taylor was doing okay?  Makes zero sense.  

12 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

F U CBS... The Patriots game cut off 4 mins early because the Broncos game was "closer". If I wanted to watch trash Osweiler then I would have

It was a blowout. You really wanna watch Hoyer hand the ball off for 4 mins? :picard:

• Upvote 3