The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Dallas offensive line has always been overrated because it had 3 1st round picks. So again last year Dak does great but it’s becauze the offensive line. This year Carson Wentz has the best o line in the league ranked by pro football focus but all the success is because of him? I think Wentz>Dak but come on now we are being a bit to harsh on Dak. 

Edited by Tony Romo

47 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

Dallas offensive line has always been overrated because it had 3 1st round picks. So again last year Dak does great but it’s becauze the offensive line. This year Carson Wentz has the best o line in the league ranked by pro football focus but all the success is because of him? I think Wentz>Dak but come on now we are being a bit to harsh on Dak. 

If it's any solace, David Carr who is now an NFL Network analyst, brother to Raiders qb Derek, compared Prescott to Russel Wilson early in his career as a guy who needed a run game and other pieces like either an offensive line or dominant d.

Eventually he grew as a passer and Wilson has proven this year imo to be a top tier QB without a run game all year.

He deserves MVP discussion.

On Prescott I think he should not have won Offensive ROY. It was clear the entire team last year was helped by Ezekiel Elliot and even makes the o line look good and defence.

FWIW before injuries both the Redskins and Eagles had better o-lines than the Cowboys.

Outside of the 3 1st round picks Dallas has a weakness at RT and G.

No more Ronald Leary or even Doug Free.

Now you got Jonathan Cooper and Lael Collins two busts who didn't live up to their draft potential.

The d was covered up with a strong run game and Sean Lee.

You got some decent D line guys with David Irving, DeMarcus Lawrence and Tyrone Crawford.

The secondary is the weakest link lot of young  unproven DBs outside of Orlando Scandrick.

Don't watch much Cowboy games but this is the first time I noticed they wore blue jerseys at home, thought they always wore white?  I wouldn't worry about Prescott, there are about a dozen teams that wish they had a starting QB of his talent, he'll improve. 

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Don't watch much Cowboy games but this is the first time I noticed they wore blue jerseys at home, thought they always wore white?  I wouldn't worry about Prescott, there are about a dozen teams that wish they had a starting QB of his talent, he'll improve. 

I think they only wear blue at home on special occasions now. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 hour ago, Pears said:

MASSIVE game next Monday night. Most likely not catching Pittsburgh so we gotta hope for a wild card spot. 

Afc is so trash. Can't believe Cincy still has a slim chance. Pitt should take care of them next week. That Minny game is an L too. You should be hoping for a high draft pick lol.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

So Jimmy G plays like 3 snaps and looks like a seasoned vet. Can't believe Pats traded him. 

Going to be interesting in NE especially if Brady starts to decline. Father time is undefeated and is closer to striking Brady than not.