The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

This game makes it very clear that the Seahawks time has passed. Too many issues with the team, aging roster, crappy offensive line, below average running game, lack of depth in general.

Hope this is a wakeup call to make some major changes in the offseason, maybe even a rebuild. Season is done, no playoffs. If not for Russ, this team is a bottom feeder.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

The destruction of the Seahawks is in full swing. 

Did somebody say the Rams were overrated?  

I did. And fair play, they showed up today. This isn't who Seattle is though. You know it, I know it, everybody aside from Eric Dickeson knows it. Im looking forward to our rematch in the playoffs. We will be ready.

2 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I did. And fair play, they showed up today. This isn't who Seattle is though. You know it, I know it, everybody aside from Eric Dickeson knows it. Im looking forward to our rematch in the playoffs. We will be ready.

Lets be serious, we're not even making the playoffs on current form. Wilson can't perform miracles.

5 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

My Italian friend I am afraid the party is over. I think the Seahawks days are done. As someone else already mentioned they need to be looking at a rebuild. You take Russell Wilson away from this team and they are average at best. 

I don’t think they will make the playoffs. They have to beat out Atlanta. Which I don’t think they will do. Good luck though.  It’s gonna be a dogfight the last two weeks. 

Edited by Harvey Spector
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Lets be serious, we're not even making the playoffs on current form. Wilson can't perform miracles.

The great thing about football is that form fluctuates week to week. Seattle beat up the Eagles 2 weeks ago then lay a goose egg today. Steelers are another team where you have no idea what team will show up each week. I will keep my optimism up until we are out.

7 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

My Italian friend I am afraid the party is over. I think the Seahawks days are done. As someone else already mentioned they need to be looking at a rebuild. You take Russell Wilson away from this team and they are average at best. 

I don’t think they will make the playoffs. They have to beat out Atlanta. Which I don’t think they will do. Good luck though.  It’s gonna be a dogfight the last two weeks. 

Lol a rebuild, that guy is a goof. Teams only rebuild when they need a QB in the NFL, Period. Retool is more like it. I hate playing the injury card, but the football gods haven't been kind to us in that regard, and it finally caught up with us today. Take the starting QB the Calibre of Wilson away from any team in the NFL they aren't doing crap either, so I don't get your point there.

24 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

The great thing about football is that form fluctuates week to week. Seattle beat up the Eagles 2 weeks ago then lay a goose egg today. Steelers are another team where you have no idea what team will show up each week. I will keep my optimism up until we are out.

Lol a rebuild, that guy is a goof. Teams only rebuild when they need a QB in the NFL, Period. Retool is more like it. I hate playing the injury card, but the football gods haven't been kind to us in that regard, and it finally caught up with us today. Take the starting QB the Calibre of Wilson away from any team in the NFL they aren't doing crap either, so I don't get your point there.

Rebuild or retool. Some people use those terms interchangeably. 

Of course if you have a Pro Bowl quarterback and you take him away most teams would suffer. But the Seahawks are bult around Wilson right now as their team ages. They are not the same team that went to two Super Bowls. 

Look at Philly. People were saying Wentz was an MVP candidate. He goes down and Foles goes in and they keep on rolling. So that means that Philly isn’t totally reliant on just Wentz. 

The Seahawks had their day. Just like the Rams did when Warner was around. It’s time for a retool however, if you want to use that term. Changes need to be made for sure. Their offensive line was abused today. If it wasn’t for Wilson and his scrambling the Rams could have had 10-12 sacks. 

Edited by Harvey Spector
  • Upvote 1