The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Kam is going to retire, so is Avril. I see Earl using this "discussion" as leverage for a better contract

I might think of ditching Sherman coming off an Achilles at age 30 as well. Speed has never been his game but he might not have the same success outside Seattle without great safeties to back him up like Chancellor and Earl Thomas.

Also Thomas suddenly making these public comments is trying to back Seattle in a corner to give him a new contract or basically trade or cut him.

Out of the 3 he probably still has another 3 high level years in him before he hits a declining phase.

Edited by Chip Kelly

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

I might think of ditching Sherman coming off an Achilles at age 30 as well. Speed has never been his game but he might not have the same success outside Seattle without great safeties to back him up like Chancellor and Earl Thomas.

Also Thomas suddenly making these public comments is trying to back Seattle in a corner to give him a new contract or basically trade or cut him.

Out of the 3 he probably still has another 3 high level years in him before he hits a declining phase.

@Chip Kelly

Check out Guappalo’s eyes as he’s throwing this pass.  He’s looking up the middle, but he’s throwing to his right.  Do all the quarterbacks not look where they are throwing, or is this a unique skill?

38890F3D-9BDD-4ECF-8297-D8CC657FC936.jpeg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@Chip Kelly

Check out Guappalo’s eyes as he’s throwing this pass.  He’s looking up the middle, but he’s throwing to his right.  Do all the quarterbacks not look where they are throwing, or is this a unique skill?

38890F3D-9BDD-4ECF-8297-D8CC657FC936.jpeg

Most QB's do it, I remember Matt Hasselback was well known for it

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Pears said:

So yesterday Burfict tweeted a picture of a dummy of him being hung from a noose in Pittsburgh. As if we needed more confirmation Steelers fans ar

I hope it wasn’t meant in a “lynching” racist way.  If it was, that’s really disgusting.

4 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Most QB's do it, I remember Matt Hasselback was well known for it

It's called looking off the safety. Most free safeties will watch the quarterback for clues, especially on longer downs (guilty as charged, I'm speaking from experience here). QB is watching a crossing pattern develop, but has already seen that his WR has cleared from his man. This is to make the FS (ie. me, on several occasions) delay just that one step that makes a difference between a 5-8 yard gain and a 15-20 yard gain. All the best can do this; watch Brady one day. He may stare down his WR a couple of times per game, but he also gives safeties, both FS and SS, fits with his eyes.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe it’s time for the Hawks to re-vamp their D?

Seattle D is gonna be revamped alright during the off-season due to $$. Avril, Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman will likely all be gone. Pete Carroll era was a failure in not winning multiple SB's like they stated was the plan. They would have repeated if not for what happened in SB vs Pats. Carroll and Bevell should have been dismissed after that. Ever since that Seahawks have been on decline losing in Divisional Playoff round along with all with the in fighting as result of that SB play. Lynch was angry about it that's why he took off a year, Sherman has been very outspoken and no doubt there are other core players that are unhappy but it's been kept quiet.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fivethej said:

Seattle D is gonna be revamped alright during the off-season due to $$. Avril, Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman will likely all be gone. Pete Carroll era was a failure in not winning multiple SB's like they stated was the plan. They would have repeated if not for what happened in SB vs Pats. Carroll and Bevell should have been dismissed after that. Ever since that Seahawks have been on decline losing in Divisional Playoff round along with all with the in fighting as result of that SB play. Lynch was angry about it that's why he took off a year, Sherman has been very outspoken and no doubt there are other core players that are unhappy but it's been kept quiet.

Might want to ask Buffalo if going to a Super Bowl 4 times, and not winning even once is success or failure? Winning the Super Bowl is hard. A few breaks they could have won two. A lot of great teams don't even get past the conference finals. If anything, Seattle's stubborn refusal to get a receiving corps, and have a strong O-line, should set off alarm bells. Maybe just let Carroll coach, and bring in a GM that builds a complete team. 

10 hours ago, fivethej said:

All due respect but that is a load of Horse****. First of all. You do NOT FIRE the greatest HC in your franchise's history, an all time great football coach, and a damn good person. Second of all, you do not just rid yourself of HOF calibre players who are still playing at a high level. Avril will retire, Kam is likely to retire too. That is 16 million off the books (and there is no way Graham gets resigned who is at 10, and Joeckel at 8). There are a couple raises (Baldwin goes up to 12 from just under 5 is the big one). Money isn't really that tight

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Might want to ask Buffalo if going to a Super Bowl 4 times, and not winning even once is success or failure? Winning the Super Bowl is hard. A few breaks they could have won two. A lot of great teams don't even get past the conference finals. If anything, Seattle's stubborn refusal to get a receiving corps, and have a strong O-line, should set off alarm bells. Maybe just let Carroll coach, and bring in a GM that builds a complete team. 

?. Doug Baldwin is a perennial Pro Bowl receiver as is Jimmy Graham at tight end. Tyler Lockett and Paul Richardson when healthy have proven to be very solid 2-3 options. The receiving corps are not a glaring issue at all. The offensive line, particularly the RT is.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

?. Doug Baldwin is a perennial Pro Bowl receiver as is Jimmy Graham at tight end. Tyler Lockett and Paul Richardson when healthy have proven to be very solid 2-3 options. The receiving corps are not a glaring issue at all. The offensive line, particularly the RT is.

Totally agree.  I heard on ESPN radio a while ago, that the Seahawks spend less on their O-Line than almost every other team.  They are kind of lucky Wilson hasn’t been injured.  

27 minutes ago, Madness said:

McVay going to rest starters this week. Rams will likely drop to 4th seed. Someone wants the Eagles in round 2.

Dammit I wanted the Hawks to play them in the WC round, and then the Eagles in the Divisional round so I could drive down. <_<

2 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Patriots sign James Harrison ... that's low, real low.  Douche bag move all around.  Lost a LOT of respect for Harrison.  

Lol how?  The Steelers almost literally never played him after signing him to his new contract, and then cut him a week before the season ends.  That is disrespectful.

Harrison doesn't owe the Steelers anything after that.  The guy is a competitor.  He wants to play and he wants to win.

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Josh Rosen is honestly such a slime ball. I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole if I was a GM

Would you want to play for the Browns?

He genuinely seems like a good kid from what I've seen from him.  I loved his answer when asked about players skipping Bowl Games.

“I think it’s fair with the Christian McCaffreys and the Leonard Fournettes, maybe with Derwin (James), and some guys because they play really physical positions. For them it’s not an issue of if they’re getting hurt, it’s an issue of how severe because most of those guys get banged up to some extent every single game. Quarterback’s unique. We’ll take a few licks here and there, but nothing like the beating those guys take.

“A lot of people bash them, but some of them have to realize that some of these guys have families. Some of these guys have kids, some of these guys really have to support the people around them. Some of them may be put in unfortunate circumstances where they can’t afford to be in school another year.

“They might want to and people in the media might not give them that shot that there’s part of them that may want to be in college. They may want to play in this bowl game, but if they feel like they’ve locked in their future and need to take care of their kid or families, sisters, brothers, whatever, then I think people should really look into their story and see how football is affecting their life.

“I’m in a fortunate circumstance where I play a not as physical position, and it’s just every single situation is unique. I don’t think you can lump them all together. I don’t think you can call it a trend that people are starting to miss bowl games. I think players are just realizing they have a lot of power, and they don’t need to be exploited when it’s to their detriment.

“I think people just need to look into more of each of these people’s stories and understand the entirety of the situation and not just kinda lump them all together as the selfish college football player that just wants to make money.”

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 2