The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

28 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Sheesh, indeed!

But this shows what a good salesman Jerry Jones is.  Despite their mediocre performance over the past twenty years the Cowboys are still treated as NFL royalty - look at how often they pop up on Thursday/Sunday/Monday night football.  Based on their performance, they shouldn't get as many games as they do.  But, somehow, Jones is able to keep the Cowboys (and himself) in the public eye and mind.  Remarkable sales job.  Now, if he could only be as good a general manager as he is a salesman.

Texas.  It is religion down there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

The NFL obviously wants the Pats to win. Haven't you gotten the memo yet? Spygate and Deflategate were planned by Goodell and Kraft to throw off the scent of collusion. The NFL is actually just a secret society of New England based members that ensure they win every game. Similar thing in the NHL, the league started as a Vancouver-hate group and has grown into a large corporation of Vancouver-hating executives. Rumor has it the league office placed a ban on Canucks management from firing any of their scouts between 1997 and 2016 to ensure they didn't get a chance to draft good prospects.

Just glad you are finally taking notice. Hopefully other Pats fans will soon follow. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

@Chip Kelly Is Sidney Jones back? 

Bold prediction: Foles throws 7 tds again ::D

If this happens I will literally run naked.

Lol. But seriously I feel like Nick Foles has found his rhythm now. Hopefully he can keep it up this run he is on is like what Joe Flacco and the Ravens did beating QBs people thought were much better than him.

It's not about who is the most talented it is about who is playing the best and is the hottest team and Eagles are that right now. 

Funny you mention Sidney Jones. He is healthy now but very rusty I feel like Eagles don't want to activate him to risk injury or him having a Marcus Williams play as a rookie and it ruining his confidence going into next year.

Not really fair to expect him to lockdown a guy in the biggest game of the season with no Training camp and regular season game experience.

Then again I dreamed that he had a Malcolm Butler like play and picked off Brady because Belichick doesn't have any film on him.:P

• Cheers 1

On 1/22/2018 at 10:55 AM, Chip Kelly said:

Thank the gods. Hopefully Eagles got out healthy and have time to rest the minor bumps and bruises.

Will be fascinating to see how Eagles gameplan to stop Brady and score enough points on Patriots d to win.

Will be a 60 minutes game Eagles have to stay Aggressive all game while being smart and not handing Patriots freebie with turnovers or dumb penalties.

Basically don't play zone all game or he'll torch your D apart. Don't give him time in the pocket or he'll find someone open. Sounds easy but it's not. The combo of Fletcher Cox and Chris Long can create havoc and should be enough in your front 4 to pressure Brady

On 23/01/2018 at 11:39 AM, c00kies said:

I still find it crazy how quickly the Eagles rebounded from the Chip Kelly regime/ disaster. 

A lot of credit should go to roseman for getting the right players and fixing some of Kelly's weirder decisions.

• Upvote 1

Brady 3-0 in SB vs. Birds lol.  Actually he is undefeated (5-0) vs. animals in the SB, and 0-2 vs. mythical creatures.

Browns hiring Todd Haley as OC, now I am no expert but that doesn't seem to be a smart move.  They have the 1st and 4th overall picks this year, they better hit a homerun with both picks or that franchise just might get regulated to the CFL:bigblush:

On 23/01/2018 at 6:00 PM, Apple Juice said:

Basically don't play zone all game or he'll torch your D apart. Don't give him time in the pocket or he'll find someone open. Sounds easy but it's not. The combo of Fletcher Cox and Chris Long can create havoc and should be enough in your front 4 to pressure Brady

Just hope Eagles guard their meeting rooms and watch out for a janitor looking for a playbook or some guy claiming to be from NFL Films or Kraft productions trying to film their hand signals or Super Bowl walkthrough. @NucksPatsFan @Tre Mac @Raoul Duke

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Who is to say the Patriots have not found another way more effective way to cheat? Refs etc.

Patriots for me will always have an asterisk just like the steroid users in MLB. No matter how many rings Belichick and Brady have the organization will always have a good amount of people who doubt the credibility of their wins.

To be honest McNabb puking aside lots of Eagles fans feel like because Spygate was during that time that they were cheated out of a Super Bowl win.

This is a revenge game no mistake about it.

Edited by Chip Kelly

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Just hope Eagles guard their meeting rooms and watch out for a janitor looking for a playbook or some guy claiming to be from NFL Films or Kraft productions trying to film their hand signals or Super Bowl walkthrough. @NucksPatsFan @Tre Mac @Raoul Duke

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Who is to say the Patriots have not found another way more effective way to cheat? Refs etc.

Patriots for me will always have an asterisk just like the steroid users in MLB. No matter how many rings Belichick and Brady have the organization will always have a good amount of people who doubt the credibility of their wins.

To be honest McNabb puking aside lots of Eagles fans feel like because Spygate was during that time that they were cheated out of a Super Bowl win.

I'd watch out for those Gillette razor's, they're probably bugged.

12 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

HkPOzEH.jpg.582ef54118e363fc2180ca30aa3f3891.jpg

18 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I don't think league referees would risk their jobs and careers to be a part of a whole grand scheme of cheating for the Patriots. You're talking about an entire union of 100+ officials all willing to risk their jobs/careers as an NFL referee to help the Patriots win. Sounds a bit farfetched to me.

Revenge game or not, more or less, it's a revenge game for the fans

19 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Already making up excuses if you lose next week. The Patriots got &^@#ed by the NFL with their "deflate gate" and then The Patriots turned around and &^@#ed the NFL right back by winning The Superbowl. That ruling was an absolute joke. Even if Tom Brady said "yea, I am guilty. I deflated those balls." Why is the team losing a first round pick and a fourth round pick? Why is the team getting punished? The investigation even said there was no evidence of the coach, the team, or owner being aware of the balls being deflated. If that's how the NFL wants to treat cheating then why isn't every team that has a player getting caught using PEDs fined and having first round draft picks taken away? PEDs effect the game much more than a deflated football. The Chargers got caught cheating earlier in the year where the whole team was using stickum towels. You know what happened to them? they were fined 25,000 dollars. There are NFL rules that say the maximum fine for cheating is $25,000. There is no mention of loss of draft picks. Goodell just made $&!# up as he went along. 

Edited by peaches5
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

If that's how the NFL wants to treat cheating then why isn't every team that has a player getting caught using PEDs fined and having first round draft picks taken away? PEDs effect the game much more than a deflated football.

And this is the biggest thing everyone forgets.  Well said.

On 26/01/2018 at 2:34 PM, peaches5 said:

Already making up excuses if you lose next week. The Patriots got &^@#ed by the NFL with their "deflate gate" and then The Patriots turned around and &^@#ed the NFL right back by winning The Superbowl. That ruling was an absolute joke. Even if Tom Brady said "yea, I am guilty. I deflated those balls." Why is the team losing a first round pick and a fourth round pick? Why is the team getting punished? The investigation even said there was no evidence of the coach, the team, or owner being aware of the balls being deflated. If that's how the NFL wants to treat cheating then why isn't every team that has a player getting caught using PEDs fined and having first round draft picks taken away? PEDs effect the game much more than a deflated football. The Chargers got caught cheating earlier in the year where the whole team was using stickum towels. You know what happened to them? they were fined 25,000 dollars. There are NFL rules that say the maximum fine for cheating is $25,000. There is no mention of loss of draft picks. Goodell just made $&!# up as he went along. 

Not really an excuse it's a valid question with the Patriots cheating history since Belichick and his cronies like Ernie Adams got involved. The whole deflategate was mentioned in the article was a makeup call on Spygate because Brady destroyed his phone and Patriots were being shady again. Why act shady and hide evidence unless you are hiding something?

All these years and Goodell made sure the tapes were destroyed. Nobody knows how much they benefitted from those tapes other than Belichick.

Goodell was embarrassed after Spygate that the Patriots were still cheating and it was the second scandal on his watch.

For that reason Brady and Belichick should have an asterisk next to those Super Bowl wins during the Spygate era 2001-2007.

People should be questioning Brady and Belichick's GOAT status instead of just kissing their ass all the time.

To be clear in comparison deflating footballs or putting stickem or Peds are not as big an advantage as knowing the other teams play calls 75% of the time before the snap.

Why do the Patriots barely win Super Bowls? They rely on cheating and refs.

How else are their half time adjustments so much superior to every team in the NFL?

Read the article instead of just the headline about deflategate and try not to be biased.

Edited by Chip Kelly

On 26/01/2018 at 1:53 PM, Apple Juice said:

I don't think league referees would risk their jobs and careers to be a part of a whole grand scheme of cheating for the Patriots. You're talking about an entire union of 100+ officials all willing to risk their jobs/careers as an NFL referee to help the Patriots win. Sounds a bit farfetched to me.

Revenge game or not, more or less, it's a revenge game for the fans

I am not saying it's all referees it only takes 1 or 2 look at Tim Donaghy in the NBA who admitted to game management and fixing games. Referees getting overly chummy with players especially with the Patriots history is never a good look for fans of the 31 other teams.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2018 at 4:14 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Not really an excuse it's a valid question with the Patriots cheating history since Belichick and his cronies like Ernie Adams got involved. The whole deflategate was mentioned in the article was a makeup call on Spygate because Brady destroyed his phone and Patriots were being shady again. Why act shady and hide evidence unless you are hiding something?

All these years and Goodell made sure the tapes were destroyed. Nobody knows how much they benefitted from those tapes other than Belichick.

Goodell was embarrassed after Spygate that the Patriots were still cheating and it was the second scandal on his watch.

For that reason Brady and Belichick should have an asterisk next to those Super Bowl wins during the Spygate era 2001-2007.

People should be questioning Brady and Belichick's GOAT status instead of just kissing their ass all the time.

To be clear in comparison deflating footballs or putting stickem or Peds are not as big an advantage as knowing the other teams play calls 75% of the time before the snap.

Why do the Patriots barely win Super Bowls? They rely on cheating and refs.

How else are their half time adjustments so much superior to every team in the NFL?

Read the article instead of just the headline about deflategate and try not to be biased.

Brady was told it was ok to destroy his phone after they investigated him saying the phone was no longer needed. THat's the only reason why he destroyed it. Media took it and blew it up to make it sound like he wasn't complying, which he was.

Stick em and PEDS affect the game just as much as knowing the team's play. That's why there are audibles in the game. Only the elite players can identify and read defences/offence and switch the call within seconds of the snap. 

I don't know what you mean by barely winning Super Bowls when we've won 5 of the last 16 since Brady has been a starter. As far as I'm concerned, that's quite a few Super Bowls in comparison to other teams who only make it once and don't return to the big game until years later. Cheating or refs aside, any team would love to play in 8 Super Bowls within 15, 16 years whether they win or lose... Unless you're the Bills.

You also do realize that half time adjustments are based on what your team is doing well/poorly at and how the other team is playing. No other team does it better than the Patriots because our coaching staff identifies weaknesses from the opposition in the first half and studies their tendencies and strengths to come out better in the second half.

By the way, I did read the article and while some of it is true, it is ESPN after all and its ESPN fluff as per usual. They hate the Patriots more than anyone and it's pretty clear during the Deflategate scandal.

On 1/27/2018 at 4:16 PM, Chip Kelly said:

I am not saying it's all referees it only takes 1 or 2 look at Tim Donaghy in the NBA who admitted to game management and fixing games. Referees getting overly chummy with players especially with the Patriots history is never a good look for fans of the 31 other teams.

Whether one or two refs decides to favour the Patriots is not anybody's problem except the official that chooses to do so. To me, being an official is a pretty tough job considering they get reviewed on a yearly basis by the NFL Officiating committee.

Edited by Apple Juice

2 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Brady was told it was ok to destroy his phone after they investigated him saying the phone was no longer needed. THat's the only reason why he destroyed it. Media took it and blew it up to make it sound like he wasn't complying, which he was.

Stick em and PEDS affect the game just as much as knowing the team's play. That's why there are audibles in the game. Only the elite players can identify and read defences/offence and switch the call within seconds of the snap. 

I don't know what you mean by barely winning Super Bowls when we've won 5 of the last 16 since Brady has been a starter. As far as I'm concerned, that's quite a few Super Bowls in comparison to other teams who only make it once and don't return to the big game until years later. Cheating or refs aside, any team would love to play in 8 Super Bowls within 15, 16 years whether they win or lose... Unless you're the Bills.

You also do realize that half time adjustments are based on what your team is doing well/poorly at and how the other team is playing. No other team does it better than the Patriots because our coaching staff identifies weaknesses from the opposition in the first half and studies their tendencies and strengths to come out better in the second half.

By the way, I did read the article and while some of it is true, it is ESPN after all and its ESPN fluff as per usual. They hate the Patriots more than anyone and it's pretty clear during the Deflategate scandal.

Whether one or two refs decides to favour the Patriots is not anybody's problem except the official that chooses to do so. To me, being an official is a pretty tough job considering they get reviewed on a yearly basis by the NFL Officiating committee.

By barely winning I mean every single Super Bowl B&B have been in has come down to a few plays at the end even win or lose. For a team that people think is so vastly superior organization wise in every aspect of preparation and execution to adjusting on the fly mid series. It is amazing how many games come down to a refs call or 1-3 key plays.

Should they not be winning by a more considerable margin then if they have such great game plans and coaching and have 2 so called GoATs?

Also disagree ESPN hating the Patriots considering they have Jeff Saturday and Teddy Bruschi on payroll also Randy Moss who have all played for them.

I'm more surprised how they can adjust to something you have not put on film. Like Martz mentioned in the article how he was perplexed how ready they were for a new redzone play like they knew what was coming.

Also the Eagles ran a d back in that last Super Bowl that they couldn't believe how the Patriots were prepared for it.

That is what makes doubt linger.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

What fan bases/teams do you flatout hate?

My top 5 go like this

1. 49ers

2. Pats

3. Rams

4. Jags 

5. Panthers

That's an odd list as I never even heard from any of those fan bases aside from the Pats of coarse(I'd argue Pat haters are more annoying than Pat fansB)).  I honestly never heard from a Jag or Panther fan before lol.  I mean the Jags fans can't even fill up their own building.  49ers fans would suck if you show up wearing a Chargers jersey, try not to get stabbed.

1. Cowboys

2. Steelers

3. Dolphins

4. Raiders

5. Packers

Usually any fan of those teams is just a fair weather football fan with little knowledge of the game or their own team.  We'll see a lot of Patriots fans on these lists though haha.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

What fan bases/teams do you flatout hate?

My top 5 go like this

1. 49ers

2. Pats

3. Rams

4. Jags 

5. Panthers

I honestly hate the Phish more than the Patsies, but they're definitely up there (as are the Jets and Cowboys)

Of course I hate the Yankees and Red Sox. Don't really like the Dodgers either.

Flames and Habs in the NHL.