The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

33 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Colts made out good in that trade with the Jets. 

Good deal for both sides IMO. Jets can take their QB of choice, forces the Browns to take Saquon at 1 and forces their hand on a QB at 4 (Maybe not the one they want). Fundamentally it takes the power out of the Browns hands

44 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Jets gave up an awful lot in a questionable qb draft class. They better hope they hit. 

21 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Its a pretty damn good QB class if you ask me

Deep, but lacks the extreme high-end, can't miss franchise QB.

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Good deal for both sides IMO. Jets can take their QB of choice, forces the Browns to take Saquon at 1 and forces their hand on a QB at 4 (Maybe not the one they want). Fundamentally it takes the power out of the Browns hands

Why would it force Browns to take Barkley at #1? If anything I think it allows them to take Barkley at 4 now. 

Seems like the 1st 3 picks will be QB's now. 

• Upvote 3

This post of mine from 2 days ago didn't age well. :lol:

On 3/15/2018 at 9:22 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Everybody, including me, thinks that the Bills are most likely getting the 3rd pick from Indy.  They're the only QB-needy team with enough draft ammunition to convince the Colts to part with that pick.

Most think it will cost them the 12, 22, and 65 pick.  I think they're going to have to sweeten those 3 with one of their second round picks as well to get it done.

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

You guys will have to move up few spots, how about Giants 2nd overall pick?

There's a chance.  Beane was Gettleman's asst./assoc. GM in Carolina, so there's a relationship there.  I just wonder if the price is now going to be too high for Beane after the premium that the Jets just paid for the #2 pick.

On 2018-03-17 at 10:40 AM, gmen81 said:

Why would it force Browns to take Barkley at #1? If anything I think it allows them to take Barkley at 4 now. 

Seems like the 1st 3 picks will be QB's now. 

There's two ways to look at it here... It's either Barkley #1 no questions asked and the Browns get their pick of the QB... Or the Browns pick up the best QB in their eyes, and knowing that both NY teams need a QB, they allow Barkley to fall to #4.

However, there's still a lot of time until the draft. Who knows which team will call up the Giants and ask for the #2 overall and pull a move to snag Barkley if the Browns don't draft Barkley #1.

20 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

There's two ways to look at it here... It's either Barkley #1 no questions asked and the Browns get their pick of the QB... Or the Browns pick up the best QB in their eyes, and knowing that both NY teams need a QB, they allow Barkley to fall to #4.

However, there's still a lot of time until the draft. Who knows which team will call up the Giants and ask for the #2 overall and pull a move to snag Barkley if the Browns don't draft Barkley #1.

I could see that, but IMO there's no way the Browns risk taking a QB at 1st and hope Barkley is still there at 4, as I could see the Giants taking Barkley since they need a franchise RB too. I think they'll take Barkley 1st then they take whoever is available between Rosen/Allen/Darnold/Mayfield.

Edited by Pears
addition to op

Browns will take a long snapper first overall and a punter with the 4th. 

Speaking of long snappers, any Madden fans recognize Jon Condo?  For years he has been in the game on the Raiders, always the lowest rated player in the game(usually 44overall and listed as a TE).  It wasn't til this year when primetime games started showing who's the long snapper about to hike the ball that I realised that was his only role.

Is it just me but could Saqon Barkley's value be slightly overrated?

I mean he is a great player...for a guy his weight is a special athlete BUT if you don't have a good qb and weapons around you will be crazy if you are the Giants or Browns to pass on a potential 10 year franchise QB for a RB no matter how great he is.

Browns and Giants can get Chubb, Michel or Ronald Jones at the top of RD2 whoever drops.

Modern draft history shows you need to draft a qb high to get your franchise qb. It's rare for second round picks to become those guys.

22 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Browns will take a long snapper first overall and a punter with the 4th. 

Speaking of long snappers, any Madden fans recognize Jon Condo?  For years he has been in the game on the Raiders, always the lowest rated player in the game(usually 44overall and listed as a TE).  It wasn't til this year when primetime games started showing who's the long snapper about to hike the ball that I realised that was his only role.

Yea every 40 rated TE is a long snapper. I always cut them in franchise:lol:

C'Mon!  As if the Bills' wide receiver situation wasn't grim enough as it is, Zay Jones has to pull this kind of crap...  Drug fueled public nude rampages are never a good thing.  I hope the kid is ok though.  Hopefully in the future, he says no to drugs...

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/20/zay-jones-arrested-nude-smashed-window-vandalism-buffalo-bills-player/

Spoiler

Edited by SabreFan1